• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Yep I love the Rose of Sharon bushes too since they stay in bloom so long. I did not realize the hummers were attracted to them. I was going to get me a couple of them anyway as well as some other flowers that attract the hummers.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I put my feeders out before the weekend since it was going to be warm but no sign of any hummingbirds here yet. I do the sugar/water mix too. They also love lots of my flowers...dahlias, hollyhocks, coneflowers, Asiatic lillies, daylillies, butterfly bushes, butterfly weed....I have a million flowers here so they just pretty much hit them all I think. I try to have something blooming all summer long.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Haven't spotted any Hummingbirds yet but these guys showed up earlier this week...

642dd3e0-bdcc-489f-ba07-905514027d95_zpsbfq4x393.jpg

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I put my first Hummingbird feeder out this morning (Saturday) at 8:00am, and noticed my first Hummingbird (a nice ruby throated male) at 1:45pm. I'm in Bedford, and always have tons of hummers.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I may have to make some fresh food. I put it out a week ago but haven't seen any yet here in the northern part of the state. Bluebirds are busy moving into their houses today.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Hurray I finally saw the first male hummingbird this evening. I put another feeder out on the front porch.
    I also have baby sparrows on the front porch chirping constantly. They should be leaving the nest in a couple of weeks.
    Spring is alive and with it comes ALLERGIES.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    No humminbirds here yet. I may have to change out the feeders with fresh food sometime this week in case they get here soon.

Bluebirds working like mad getting their house ready for nesting.

The purple martin house is full of wrens. They have every hole in the upper level occupied with nests or building nests. I can't wait to see who moves into the lower level. I told hubby they better not be noisy neighbors. :)

I have lots of things blooming for the hummingbirds to visit so I hope they arrive soon.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    none yet at my house.. ants are already in the feeder. My honeysuckle is not ready yet .. that is what really brings them and they nest in the vines.
    Side note, anyone want honeysuckle vine starts around me?? Grant county.

Top Bottom