• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I've had a lot over the past week. They are fighting over feeders even with 8 feeders. Half of the feeders are oriole feeders with bigger holes, and I've been seeing plenty of those as well.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i don't have a quarter of the birds i have had in past years.......usually have 20 to 30 by now......might have 5 and that is it:dunno:

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    i don't have a quarter of the birds i have had in past years.......usually have 20 to 30 by now......might have 5 and that is it:dunno:

This. It looks like we have maybe 3-5 hummingbirds. We got one of the little $.99 feeders from walmart and hung it on the kitchen window. We have one bird that looks like it's almost the size of a freaking sparrow. It's huge. All of them have the red chest.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm seeing quite a few. I haven't seen big groups at the feeders yet, but am seeing that there are some fighting over them. Last year, I would have 20 at the feeder at a time, but I think it was later in the season as it got warmer. I'm seeing plenty of other birds and critters though. Deer should be dropping fawns anytime based on the bellies I am seeing. So far, I don't see any that look like they have already had theirs.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Still have hoards. Can't fill the feeders fast enough for the little crack heads.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    They are swarming all over here in SE Indiana. They fight and fight over the nectar when we have plenty of full feeders. Kind of nasty critters for being so peaceful looking.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    They are swarming all over here in SE Indiana. They fight and fight over the nectar when we have plenty of full feeders. Kind of nasty critters for being so peaceful looking.

Same here in south-central Indiana. I've always maintained that if a hummingbird was 25 pounds, they'd be a mean sucker. Very aggressive.

Top Bottom