• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    LaPierre: "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

He was immediately demonized by the left

Link: NRA chief urges armed guards in 'every single school,' dismisses calls for gun control | Fox News

However, Barbara Boxer wishes to utilize the National Guard to bolster school security.

No word from the same political left on Senator Boxer's remedy. I imagine that Posse Comitatus isn't so much of an issue for her and her ilk. Go figure on both counts.

Link: Sen. Barbara Boxer: Activate National Guard to Protect Schools | NewsBusters.org

Last edited:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    isnt it funny? I already know people are against it, because it puts more police around everywhere. I can see the point of view from taxes wise, however, it makes a lot of sense to have a couple armed guards/cops at the schools. Heck, there are plenty of veterans coming back from overseas, that would love to have a job, are mostly trained, just make sure they are good to go, and then we would help the veteran's unemployment numbers as well.
    Edited: Yes, I am in the military, so I know not all of them are superheros or anything like that. However, we could be more selective in placing them in this job.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LaPierre: "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

Link: NRA chief urges armed guards in 'every single school,' dismisses calls for gun control | Fox News

However, Barbara Boxer wishes to utilize the National Guard to bolster school security.

No word from the same political left on Senator Boxer's remedy. I imagine that Posse Comitatus isn't so much of an issue for her and her ilk. Go figure on both counts.

Link: Sen. Barbara Boxer: Activate National Guard to Protect Schools | NewsBusters.org

Posse Comitatus only applies if the Guard is on federal duty. Otherwise they are state assets thus can be used by local law enforcement. Also the PCA does not cover the Marines or the Navy, only the Army and Air Force.

There are a lot of Guard members who could use the work. After all most teachers do not have the balls to carry a gun. Just remember that the left hates the military as much as it hates gun owners.

Look at CodePink.org. A feminist organization that is focused on banning war, guns and most male behavior. Doubt that they would like the Guard in schools. Did you see their protests at the NRA? Basically they use ambush tactics, avoiding any direct contact. Hard to talk to them. At best they love to scream at people.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I went to Muncie Southside High school in Muncie, Indiana and as far as I know, we had an off-duty, armed police officer in our school every day. So it's not like this has never been the case before. Did anyone else have an armed "guard" so to speak in their school?

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went to Muncie Southside High school in Muncie, Indiana and as far as I know, we had an off-duty, armed police officer in our school every day. So it's not like this has never been the case before. Did anyone else have an armed "guard" so to speak in their school?

Most high schools have police. It is the grade schools that are open to attack.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    If that is truly the case, what is the big deal? Why can't these far-winged people use some rational thought and realize that it's actually not a bad idea?

Because most of them believe surrendering your rights to the federal government and singing kum-ba-yah will solve the nation's problems. These people also believe in distributing wealth from people who work to people who don't and that reducing our military to nothing will actually make the world a safer place. :n00b:

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    I oppose having police and the national guard in schools. I also oppose public schools. There are good reasons for all three.

T/SF34/A

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Call me ignorant but I thought that every school had an armed police officer on duty. At least we did at the schools I went to while growing up. I'm actually amazed they don't.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I would be happy to take the NRA up on their training offer. I would be happy to Volenteer a couple of days a month. I have a vested interest in school safety. One in elementary, one in intermediate, one in middle school, one in high school and one adult. I would do this at no cost to the taxpayer. And by having trained individuals we are not stepping as far toward a police state.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    When I was in highschool in WI (early-mid 80's) we did not have any police on duty. Now the police have a permanent office in the school.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    When I was in highschool in WI (early-mid 80's) we did not have any police on duty. Now the police have a permanent office in the school.

Same here in Southern Kentucky. In fact the only time I saw Sheriff's deputies was when they were [STRIKE]pooring out [/STRIKE] confiscating our booze when they caught us partying. That was usually followed by a stern, "you boys git on home, before we take you there."

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    We have huge numbers of veterans coming back into society after WAY too long of combat tours in the Middle East. They get to come back to a country where there are no jobs for them. I say screen them and offer them the school security jobs, at least until they are able to find something they would rather do.

Although there is not actually a lot of help out there for returning vets, Many end up with some type of help, even if it is unemployment. If we can pay them double what they would get from unemployment, the vets would do better financially and our communities would benefit.

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Police are uniformed civilians that are armed as part of their job. They are paid for by public dollars. There are also police that do not wear uniforms, but are also armed as part of their jobs and are paid for by public dollars.

Teachers and school administers are paid for by public dollars, so what is wrong with training and arming them? We already complain we don't have enough police so how can we take them off "the street" and put them in schools? Teachers and administrators are already in the schools, so train and arm them and there will be peace on earth.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    NRA done good. Now everyone is talking about the deadly GFZ's...

If we can make this the focus of the debate, I'd say that's the best thing.

Same here in Southern Kentucky. In fact the only time I saw Sheriff's deputies was when they were [STRIKE]pooring out [/STRIKE] confiscating our booze when they caught us partying. That was usually followed by a stern, "you boys git on home, before we take you there."

Same way when I was growing up in Tennessee.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

What I don't get is where do we get our security for malls, theaters, or any other public place that could have a mass shooting? Instead of going after the actual cause of the problem, both sides want to give some warm fuzzy feeling that won't do :poop:. Better mental health treatment and ending gun free zones would do a much better job than securing our schools with armed guards or the National Guard.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Police are uniformed civilians that are armed as part of their job. They are paid for by public dollars. There are also police that do not wear uniforms, but are also armed as part of their jobs and are paid for by public dollars.

Teachers and school administers are paid for by public dollars, so what is wrong with training and arming them? We already complain we don't have enough police so how can we take them off "the street" and put them in schools? Teachers and administrators are already in the schools, so train and arm them and there will be peace on earth.

Because the NRA has no spine. It took zero courage from them to come out and blame a lack of police and violent video games for mass shootings.

I saw a bunch of "lets keep doing the same thing expecting different results" that the left is so keen on.

Once again, the NRA sides with the left that the answer is with more government, as opposed to letting people defend themselves.

As they have a RIGHT to do.

Top Bottom