"I don't need no warrant, (expletive)" ... Boom, headshot!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    OK How about this??
    FLASH!!!
    British Troops march on Concord!!!!
    Paul Revere spreads the alarm!!!
    To arms! To arms!

Old news is OLD NEWS!! :rolleyes:

Totally. Nobody ever discusses the finer points of the revolutionary war on this forum. It's completely irrelevant, of course, because it happened in the past.

boblade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    Well Remmeber when the ISP call asking for a donation!!!!!! as some of the Money is used to Pay Lawyers for the Defence of the Officers,who run over motorcycles and are DUI

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Totally. Nobody ever discusses the finer points of the revolutionary war on this forum. It's completely irrelevant, of course, because it happened in the past.
    OK
    By extension, todays rapid communications network makes an incident from the first week of last October "in the past" as well.
    If you're going to bash someone at least have the common decency to cite examples that are considered "current events" and don't resort to digging up eight month old news items. :)
    BTW
    If you'd read the entire thread you'd see where the OP stated that he wasn't aware that the story was that old.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    yep your right, the other po po's wont play nice with him anymore. maybe will even drive slower to an assist call from him. its sad. if you cross their line publicly your done in their world. and people still refuse to believe there is a problem with law enforcement today. :xmad:

I think youre wrong. If an officer murders another person, you expect his "brothers" to shun another officer that's the "whistleblower? " No way. no how... at least not at my PD. If I saw another officer that was about to kill another person for no just cause, I would certainly draw down on him, and use deadly force to stop it if required.
    The "Thin Blue Line," is the understanding that "I have your back and you have mine"..... as long as it's LEGAL. Sure there are those that think it means "I'll support you in whatever endeavor," but that's not the spirit of the phrase. Officers don't shun other officers that do the "right" thing. It happens, but not nearly as widespread as you are implying. And in this case, probably not at all.

One thing I tell officers I work with (if unfamiliar), is "don't do something that will make me lose my house, my car, my job or my freedom."

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    I think youre wrong. If an officer murders another person, you expect his "brothers" to shun another officer that's the "whistleblower? " No way. no how... at least not at my PD. If I saw another officer that was about to kill another person for no just cause, I would certainly draw down on him, and use deadly force to stop it if required.
    The "Thin Blue Line," is the understanding that "I have your back and you have mine"..... as long as it's LEGAL. Sure there are those that think it means "I'll support you in whatever endeavor," but that's not the spirit of the phrase. Officers don't shun other officers that do the "right" thing. It happens, but not nearly as widespread as you are implying. And in this case, probably not at all.

One thing I tell officers I work with (if unfamiliar), is "don't do something that will make me lose my house, my car, my job or my freedom."

Wish there were more departments like yours :yesway:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I didn't realize it was against forum rules to bring up events that happened in the past.

Oh, yeah. That one's just below the "Members shall not introduce articles, links, stories, or anecdotes of circumstances, happenings, or activities that occur outside the jurisdiction of the State of Indiana."

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    I don't know a whole lot of cops personally, but the ones I know the best have nothing good to say about officers who give the rest a bad name. Just today, a close LEO friend (a member here, actually) forwarded me a news article about a dirty cop in his brother's department. His brother was disgusted by the guy (who he had been on calls recently with), not looking to defend him.

On internet forums, however, there are always a few folks who always seem to defend police, even in the worst of circumstances. They do help balance out the people who always seem to attack, even in the best of circumstances.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    As agents of the law, they should be and ARE held to a higher standard, as their state granted authority gives them power over citizens. What people refer to as "cop hating" or what have you, is actually concerned citizens deriding the police running roughshod over the rights of law abiding citizens with no appreciable consequences.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I feel like this goes back to the 90% / 10% rule. Maybe you were just lucky enough to have a whole lot of the 90%'s around you

Ranger has a very good point. I can't put it in perspective with LEO's, but on my football team, if someone were to rat out a player for doing something such as drinking/smoking/etc, that player from then on would be shunned. It's unfortunet it has to be that way, but that is the nature of the beast with a tight-knit group of people. No matter what the profession.

its like that in EVERY profession or job too. not just the police. but the reason we have to criticize the police for it is because they work for us and have granted authority that can affect our freedom. so for cops to say that they could rat out bad cops left and right and not be treated differently well frankly thats bull ****! In NO job would that be the case. even if you turn in a fellow employee for something very serious you will never be looked at or treated the same behind your back at least. you will always be the "whistleblower" thats why we need a reward system or a truly anonymous way for cops to "tell" on the the bad cops for even the smallest things that break the law or violate a citizens rights.

and mike, I cant give you a "first hand" story because as you know im not and have never been a cop. but I have witnessed a few police wrongs personally and each time the other cops were going right along with it. the instances I am aware of are second hand from either close friends that are LEO;s and a family member who is an leo. it happens amongst the feds too, so its not just the beat cops that do it,

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Oh, yeah. That one's just below the "Members shall not introduce articles, links, stories, or anecdotes of circumstances, happenings, or activities that occur outside the jurisdiction of the State of Indiana."
    That's a good one :): I almost forgot about that rule.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    So sad. I doubt I'd treat another officer differently for blowing the whistle on illegal behavior by a co-worker. I know I follow the law so I don't need to be concerned with "watching my back" around that officer. In fact it would be comforting to know I work with someone like that. And it would be comforting to know that he got rid of someone who could have put me in a bad spot eventually.

EDIT: I highly doubt I'm the only one here who thinks that way too.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Nice try!
    Bait and switch sometimes works to divert a discussion from the facts.
    I was discussing the merits of someone who has zero experience in Law Enforcement making broad, untruthful, unsubstantiated, statements about the working of that profession.
    Not who the Police work for. ;)

Was my question not relevant to the conversation? I believe it was. Your using the argument that you are a cop so you know best, and us civilians are just sheeple who probably don't like the police because we've been arrested for something at some point. I'm not trying to misread you here, but that is how you're coming across imo. Btw, I would still like you to answer my original question.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Was my question not relevant to the conversation? I believe it was. Your using the argument that you are a cop so you know best, and us civilians are just sheeple who probably don't like the police because we've been arrested for something at some point. I'm not trying to misread you here, but that is how you're coming across imo. Btw, I would still like you to answer my original question.

Come now, Garb. We all know that if you aren't a gourmet chef, you can't really hold a valid opinion on good-tasting food. And if you aren't a LEO, you can't really hold a valid opinion on anything relating to LE.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    10% of the people in the military have no ****ing business being soldiers, they should get out, go home and leave soldiering to the other 90%...

As it pertains to the rest of us....

Basically 10% of the people in any given job have no ****ing business doing that job...
    was called the 5% rule in my youth, but the point stands. !!!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    So sad. I doubt I'd treat another officer differently for blowing the whistle on illegal behavior by a co-worker. I know I follow the law so I don't need to be concerned with "watching my back" around that officer. In fact it would be comforting to know I work with someone like that. And it would be comforting to know that he got rid of someone who could have put me in a bad spot eventually.

EDIT: I highly doubt I'm the only one here who thinks that way too.
    hey man, I agree with you. id be inclined to hang with that person because I would know I could trust them to be on the up and up like I like it. but some people dont like it like that. I know its hard for you to understand what im saying because you wouldnt act like that to a "whistle blower" but a lot of other people would. i agree, its sad that people are like this. but I personally think there is more bad in the world than good. sure we can find pockets of good, where we can still leave our doors open at night, but for the most part the majority of the world is a bad place. if you believe in a certain black book, it fortells this and its only gonna get worse. while im not a subscriber to that news letter, i do believe in some of the trends.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    in all fairness, at 0:29, the news reporter says that "she gave him permission to enter the home." If that is true, he does not need a warrant to be in the house.

"I don't need no warrant, mother****er," putting the gun to the head, shooting the dog and shooting the unarmed person... unacceptable.

Actually, he does. Anyone living in a house can tell officers to leave. He could especially, since it was in his name.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Come now, Garb. We all know that if you aren't a gourmet chef, you can't really hold a valid opinion on good-tasting food. And if you aren't a LEO, you can't really hold a valid opinion on anything relating to LE.

I remember somebody else on here telling me and a few others that we should go to law school before trying to interpret the law. :rolleyes: Instead of telling me why I'm wrong, they tell me to give up because I'm uneducated. That alone does wonders to improve my view of our legal system.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

The "Thin Blue Line," is the understanding that "I have your back and you have mine"..... as long as it's [STRIKE]LEGAL[/STRIKE] normal and customary. Sure there are those that think it means "I'll support you in whatever endeavor," but that's not the spirit of the phrase. Officers don't shun other officers that do the "right" thing. It happens, but not nearly as widespread as you are implying. And in this case, probably not at all.

FTFY

I don't think there's one size fits all to the thin blue line. In New York it's normal and customary for narcotics officers to shake down drug dealers. In Phoenix rousting illegals is the game. In Tennesse it's moonshiners. You will be ostricized if you don't follow the program. But by the same token I know officers in Indiana that have been fired for abusing the authority their badge affords them. Like trying to get out of a speeding ticket by flashing a badge. I think the amount and degree of acceptable corruption is departmental and based upon the leadership.

If the leadership of an investment bank establishes that corruption is a valid and valued business practice, is that not just as corrupt? What of the president of the commercial farm that directed that eggs be sold, knowing that salmonila may be present? And the rancher who sold beef knowing it could be tainted with mad cow disese? How about a fast food chain that sells outdated meats? When you step away from the power police have over the everyday lives of citizens, is it really so different with any other organization? And in fact, don't these examples have more of an impact on the citizenry as a whole? In each of these examples, and many, many more, there was someone who could blow the wistle and put an end to the corruption. But they didn't. Why?

I'm not condoning police corruption. I'm simply saying that the corruption, and how it's swept under the rug, is really a symptom of society as a whole. Just my :twocents:. YMMV

Actually, he does. Anyone living in a house can tell officers to leave. He could especially, since it was in his name.

Wrong. Any resident of a dwelling can authorize police entry into that dwelling, without a warrant.

I remember somebody else on here telling me and a few others that we should go to law school before trying to interpret the law. :rolleyes: Instead of telling me why I'm wrong, they tell me to give up because I'm uneducated. That alone does wonders to improve my view of our legal system.

I told you (and others) that if you are going to attempt to interpret something you don't understand and do such a poor job at it, you should go to law school. I would probably want to learn to read Russian before attempting to read Tolstoy's War and Peace in its native Russian.

Top Bottom