• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    Every year a fine gentleman from Colorado helps people grow their experience in hunting by inviting a limited number of people who have never hunted prairie dogs to come try it without having to pay any guide costs. All the "rookie" has to do is provide their transportation, rifle/ammo, and their excitement about making the trip.

People submit their names and Heck picks, I'm not sure at random or somewhat guided with a phone interview, but I was picked to be a "rookie" this year.

Now I just need to get my rifles accurate out to 300+ yards and perhaps even further as most everyone gets a 500 yard shot over the 3 day weekend.

I figured I needed to tell my INGO family. Thanks for reading. :rockwoot:
    SLAB

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    DUDE!
    How could you shoot these little creatures?
    You won't be able to live with yourself!
    Give him my contact info and I will go in your place! :D
    600pxKissing_Prairie_dog_edit_3.jpg

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    lol thanks for the warm comments.
    I have a savage 223 for longer shots, a savage .22 for shorter shots, and an AR for backup if something goes wrong with the bolt. (i hope it doesnt have issues but you never know)

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Congrats Slab! After reading this thread I had to go to youtube and watch the vids; stupid prairie dogs:n00b:. Have fun and take pics or vids. Someday I want to go out west to hunt elk.:rockwoot:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Ok, ok, ok, ok, ok, so.... Um.... Congrats... Since it can't be me... Oh.... ;)

Seriously though:
    :postpics:

Take a camera with you!

kup

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    NW IN
    backup rifle

lol thanks for the warm comments.
    I have a savage 223 for longer shots, a savage .22 for shorter shots, and an AR for backup if something goes wrong with the bolt. (i hope it doesnt have issues but you never know)

I have a Remington SPS .223 Varmint you are welcome to borrow, I would hate to see a trip like that diminished because of an equipment failure. I will be putting a Leupold 3.5-10X40 on it soon so you can sight it in with your ammo. Let me know.

kup

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    It should be just fine, but as we all know Mr. Murphy pops up all the time.
    I appreciate the offer.
    What i need right now is a place to be able to shoot longer range than 100yds. hopefully northeast indiana

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    How do you fix these after you shoot them and what does the meat taste like? Do you serve them with vegetables or can it be fixed like deer and baked with bacon?
    Seriously I hope that you have a great time and enjoy yourself I have read a number of articles on hunting these and what I have read it is quite a challenge.
    I personally do not believe in shooting any creature simply for recreation or sport if it cannot be baked, stewed, deep fried, sauteed, microwaved or taste good with a big slab of bacon! Dont get me wrong I am not a bleeding heart, tree hugging, Al gore wanna-be, know whats right for everybody liberal democrat and I support the rights we enjoy to choose how we enjoy our shooting heritage!
    And since these little goobers breed faster and mutiply faster then the Kennedys on vacation there comes a time when they need to be thinned out a bit! So again I hope that you really enjoy yourself bust the caps on alot of ammo and do your part in saving all those buffalos from tripping in their holes!

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    thank you. that was very inspiring. I hope that it turns out to be a fantastic trip where i get to meet some great people, learn more about long range shooting, and of course have a fantastic time doing it.

Top Bottom