• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    How do you fix these after you shoot them and what does the meat taste like? Do you serve them with vegetables or can it be fixed like deer and baked with bacon?
    Seriously I hope that you have a great time and enjoy yourself I have read a number of articles on hunting these and what I have read it is quite a challenge.
    I personally do not believe in shooting any creature simply for recreation or sport if it cannot be baked, stewed, deep fried, sauteed, microwaved or taste good with a big slab of bacon! Dont get me wrong I am not a bleeding heart, tree hugging, Al gore wanna-be, know whats right for everybody liberal democrat and I support the rights we enjoy to choose how we enjoy our shooting heritage!
    And since these little goobers breed faster and mutiply faster then the Kennedys on vacation there comes a time when they need to be thinned out a bit! So again I hope that you really enjoy yourself bust the caps on alot of ammo and do your part in saving all those buffalos from tripping in their holes!

The recreation/sport aspect of prairie dog hunting is secondary. In large parts of the country, the animals are pests. Hunting them is the functional equivalent of setting rat traps/ant baits/roach poison/etc.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Im upset with you for not coming up and shooting that new rifle.
    I guess it's that two-hour drive that's holding me back.

I did get that thing out to the range today for a little bit. I didn't shoot too badly at 50 yards, but not so well at 100.

When I got home, my order from Midway was here and now I have a bipod on that sucker. You know I'll be dotting the i's the next time I shoot. Or rather, the zombie eyes.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Take guns, lots of guns

Word is Heck will put you on some good shooting. You'll probably be glad you took the AR15. Your Savage .223 will do very well but you'll heat up the barrel of any centerfire and have to put it down. It's not unreasonable to expect to shoot 500 rds a day unless you have to wait for a gun to cool down. The wife and I typically take 8 rifles including 3-4 rimfires, HMR or WMR.

DRob

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    I have 2 .22s the bull barrel 223 and the AR that i would probably take. beyond that i dont know. will it be enough?

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    Prairie dog shooting is the most fun you can have with your clothes on!!! You shoot 1 and the rest will come to it's funeral. Check out dogbegone.com.

Top Bottom