• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I've never heard of this being a "many instances" issue. Do you have case information? The only case I can recall in recent memory is the Costco Las Vegas shooting, and even then it is believed there was more to it than "simply being armed."

There were 2 dozen police shootings in Las Vegas in 2010 alone. One included Senator Harry Reid's challenger from the Libertarian Party, shot while armed during a traffic stop. They don't like people armed out there.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    "Why am I being detained?"

...politely repeat as necessary until they choose better questions or release you.

It's not like it would have gone any worse than it did by informing.

Chefcook, I hope you will file a complaint.

The few officers who pull stunts like this continue to ruin it for the many that wouldn't.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    The important question still hasn't been answered,
    What was the reasoning behind pulling you over, and if not given why have you not filed a complaint for harassment?

If you honestly had done nothing wrong the entire stop was harassment was it not?

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    I ain't no holster sniffer, but I think we need to find out exactly why our boy here got lit up in the first place before we commence our usual cop hatin' stuff.

On its face, the cuffing and the vehicle search seem like storm-trooper tactics if our boy got yacked for a burned out tail light.

But, if a car similar to his had just left the scene of a mass murder of nuns and puppies, maybe the cop was justified in going all Dirty Harry.

Just sayin'...

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    But, if a car similar to his had just left the scene of a mass murder of nuns and puppies, maybe the cop was justified in going all Dirty Harry.

Lack of defensive posture prior to the mention of arms leads me to believe this was probably not your typical nun/puppy slaughterin' felon takedown. ;)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I ain't no holster sniffer, but I think we need to find out exactly why our boy here got lit up in the first place before we commence our usual cop hatin' stuff.

On its face, the cuffing and the vehicle search seem like storm-trooper tactics if our boy got yacked for a burned out tail light.

Just sayin'...

IF that's the case, they usually START OUT all Dirty Harry. They don't take their time moseying on up to the vehicle all by themselves and making small talk first.

Just sayin'...

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    what is the point of asking where you've been and where you are heading? really??

tangent, i had gotten pulled over on my wedding night on my way home still dressed in a tux and the wife in a huge wedding dress. the officer asked where we were coming from. the only thing i could think was what a box of rocks to not be able to tell where we were coming from.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I'm all in favor of being polite to cops. But...

We shouldn't have to be nice to keep our rights.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    IF that's the case, they usually START OUT all Dirty Harry. They don't take their time moseying on up to the vehicle all by themselves and making small talk first.

Just sayin'...
    yeah, you're right. I was the subject of a mistaken identity stop many years ago. I immediately found myself peering down the tube of an ISP .45 acp. I still swear I could see the round down the barrel of his sidearm. :popcorn:

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I still don't get whats wrong with answering the simple question on where your going....
    Everyone says "I OC because only criminals have something to hide"
    By avoiding answering the question, The officer can ONLY assume your hiding something.
    Thus INGO Logic, Your a criminal
    Right?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I still don't get whats wrong with answering the simple question on where your going....
    By avoiding answering the question, The officer can ONLY assume your hiding something.
    Right?

You just won three (3) internets with this infallible logic.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Using logic would you answer anyone's question if the pulled you over without providing cause when you believe to have done nothing wrong? I don't mean the typical I was only going 5 over stuff I mean truly didn't do anything wrong.

JSeroka

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Because a simple yes got the OP disarmed and cuffed while his personal property was illegally searched.

You claim to "seen to many instances were legal CCW people have been gunned down by LEO's for simply being armed." I personally know of several cases of legally armed citizens who have had their legally owned guns pointed at them or other innocent people by LEOs disarming them in the name of officer safety. I'll keep my weapon in my holster for my safety, thank you. That way we will all be safe.

I never said anything about "unarming" oneself. I would NEVER allow to be unarmed unless I am being arrested for a crime. I am sorry but the only person that can tell me to remove my firearm, when I'm carrying legally, is myself. Notifying a LEO that I'm armed does not bother me, and is required by my specific carry permit that I'm legally obligated to. And in my own personal experiences I have not had any issues with it.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Nothing wrong with answering. Nothing wrong with not answering either.
    You have the right to do either.

Not everyone says this. Criminals having something to hide doesn't even make my top 20 list.

He should ONLY assume that I have rights and may choose to exercise them at my own discretion.

Right?

In the same sense that by not consenting to a search of my house without a warrant I'm obviously running a brothel or crackhouse. :):

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    i cant find it right now, but if someone could find the other thread with the video of the lawyer who has examples of why you do not talk to the police, that would be great.

my skills in searching a low!

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    So to the OP...

What were you pulled over for?
    Location? Where were you pulled over?
    Did you receive a citation after all you were subjected to?
    Do you plan on filing a complaint?
    Was the officer some new young punk who thought he is out to change the world?

Lotta questions haven't been answered.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    .....He doesn't know where your going or what your doing out, For all he knows you just robbed someone, you haven't proved him otherwise yet.

"Yes comrade, you must prove you are innocent before you are allowed to leave, I'll need to search your car."

I'm pretty sure the burden of proof lies on the State.

Only criminals have something to hide.

Yikes.
    Yikes.
    Double Yikes.
    :n00b:

Top Bottom