• ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Stop ruining my over generalization with tempered facts! :xmad:

I saw a few people acting like knuckle heads at Carb Day yesterday, and even fewer carted away by EMS for various reasons.

But like with all things related to human behavior, the vast majority of people were acting at least somewhat responsibly.

Snipercop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    SS Indianapolis
    Gotta say, there's some crap that goes along with it like the traffic detail for the concert I'm getting ready to work.... Private race parties are a great gig.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Many years ago, we used to party in the snake pit. I did a beer bong once, and shotgunned beer. I was young and stupid sometimes. I have never liked getting seriously drunk, but willpower seems to fade with each drink... Even when I was young and stupid, I had a little common sense left.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Grew up just east of the back gates on 30th st.
    As a kid I knew every hole in the fence and secret way into the grounds.
    In 1981 I did my 1st Gig working on a team there with George Bignotti.
    I did my last gig a few years after the IRL started ruining the event.
    We have so many friends from those years. Many have stopped by this week and more will be here today.
    That race is part of the area. My kids (all in their 30's) are so excited and ready for race day. The little ones park cars and their will be good food, good friends and yes, adult beverages will be consumed.
    I miss being involved a lot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Many years ago, we used to party in the snake pit. I did a beer bong once, and shotgunned beer. I was young and stupid sometimes. I have never liked getting seriously drunk, but willpower seems to fade with each drink... Even when I was young and stupid, I had a little common sense left.

Oh we have some story's from the pit........:)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    So, this guy is out for a night of drinking with his buddies, and long story short, he has too many and winds up puking down the front of his shirt. "Oh man, my wife's gonna kill me, this is a brand new shirt, she's gonna kill me" he says to his friends. One of his buddies comes up with a plan "just take a $20 bill and put it in your shirt pocket and tell her that some random drunk puked on you, and stuck the 20 in your pocket to cover the damage"
    so the guy sticks a $20 in his shirt pocket and heads home. When he gets home, of course his wife is full of questions about his ragged condition, and immediately inquires about his puke covered shirt.
    "well, you see, this random drunk guy staggered up and just puked all over my brand new shirt, but it's okay, he gave me $20 to cover having it cleaned, see, here's the money" he says as he takes the money from his shirt pocket and tosses it to his angry wife.
    she unfolds the crumpled bills to find not one $20 bill, but two!
    "there's two 20s here" she yells, "I thought you said he only gave you $20"?
    "Oh yeah", says the guy "that other $20 is from the random drunk guy that pooped in my pants"!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I bet! I started going there when I was a kid, my dad was a big fan, and the company he worked for made some of the springs for the cars. (Rockwell International). We even got to skip school to go to the track sometimes.

My last year playing in the pit was 1980. I near flipped my 4WD truck in the mud. I had it up on 1 wheel (Right front) for a bit but got it stopped before I ran through the fence. My then Girl friend now spouse was not aware of that side of me.....:):

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I saw a few people acting like knuckle heads at Carb Day yesterday, and even fewer carted away by EMS for various reasons.

But like with all things related to human behavior, the vast majority of people were acting at least somewhat responsibly.
    The VAST majority of EMS runs yesterday were heat related and not alcohol. Crowd estimates were 75k or more. Say about 30-40k were drinking and we had 2 fights and a couple of arrests. The race will draw about 400-450k tomorrow. Typically there are few arrests on race day, even with all the alcohol. Find me another event of this size that is as easy as this.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I think I'm going to follow the tradition me and dad came up with years ago, get up early and go fishing, come home, clean fish and grill them, then watch the race on tv. I don't handle crowds well.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Watching the race tomorrow from the comfort of my couch, beer in hand. Quit going to the race with rowdy friends a long, long time ago, but I don't regret those times.:)

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I think I'm going to follow the tradition me and dad came up with years ago, get up early and go fishing, come home, clean fish and grill them, then watch the race on tv. I don't handle crowds well.

Now a days I am not a big fan of being around 400K people. Shoot I get just a good of view of the race on TV, sit in the comfort of my A/C. Cook my own food and have a few cold ones.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    My last year playing in the pit was 1980. I near flipped my 4WD truck in the mud. I had it up on 1 wheel (Right front) for a bit but got it stopped before I ran through the fence. My then Girl friend now spouse was not aware of that side of me.....:):

I was just getting started then! Late 80s, early 90s was when I was there the most.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

I was just getting started then! Late 80s, early 90s was when I was there the most.

Did you just call him old? :lmfao:

Top Bottom