• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Shot about 30rds today to zero the scope. I sighted it in with 55gr fmj rounds that way when I start load development Im on paper. I got all my loading done so in the next few days hopfully Ill have a idea of what I have.

Here are a few final pics of the gun.

IMAG0341_zps742d4e76.jpg

IMAG0340_zps6700ada9.jpg

IMAG0342_zps5c71e20b.jpg

IMAG0343_zpse87e8340.jpg

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Man, if you knew anything about optics you could've saved yourself a bundle by getting a decent Tasco or Leapers on that baby. :D

Looks sweet. Anxious to see holes in paper.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    So, are you going to be able to "ring steel" at 700 yards ?????

I see no reason why not. What I shot today wasnt the ammo I will be using. I just dont want to waste my handloads getting on paper. The ammo I shot should get me close enough that I can print a group and gather info on my first shooting of reloads. Plus I always like to shoot some just to get a feel for the gun before I do it for serious. Before I shoot my reloads Ill burn another 30rds threw the gun jsut getting comfortable with the trigger.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    When you are ready to put on a precision scope... let me know...

Oh wait... that's your line :p

Sweet build!! I've got a Seekins Lower and I'm trying to decide if I want to make a .300BLK SBR... or a precision AR-15.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    Nice looking rifle sir! How quite is that suppressor?

I've got mine nearly complete. Still waiting on my Raptor charging handle and replacement barrel nut. My hand gards don't want to place nice with the current barrel nut.

My build is:

RRA lower
    RRA 2 stage NM trigger
    Aero Upper
    BCM BCH
    18" Blackhole Weaponry barrel 1/8
    Samson 15" Evolution
    Magpul MOE rifle stock

No optics yet but you know what I'm getting already. :)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    So what do you think about the Vortex ADR or ADR-X mounts? They are a bit pricey but I'm guessing your discount might ease that pain a little.

You went with the AD rings why?

I'd like to put a quick attach cantilever type scope mount on my 458 SOCOM.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    So what do you think about the Vortex ADR or ADR-X mounts? They are a bit pricey but I'm guessing your discount might ease that pain a little.

You went with the AD rings why?

I'd like to put a quick attach cantilever type scope mount on my 458 SOCOM.

I went with the ADX rings because I had 20 sets in my hand. If you decide to go larue, bobro, spur none of those are the wrong answer either. All 4 brands return to exact zero everytime, not "close to zero every time"

Typically a PST eyerelief calls for a American Defense Recon, but if you notice I have a brass catcher installed requireing me to move back on the rail a few spots more than I typically would. Since I had to move back the recon X was a better fit.

To be honest I would run permanate attach cantilever mounts on this rifle becasue this scope is never comming off, but since I started this business I've realized that at some point a customer will always want to see X scope with Y rifle that is like his" so between that and videos its much easier on me to just do the QD mount and be done with it.

Vortex rings are the exact same ring (Vortex contracts with AD, Seekins, warne, burris) except the vortex version gets a diffrent logo on the side. The vortex rings still have the flag and say "made by american defense" My rings are the American defense version of the mount, not the vortex version, but as said there is no diffrence and I carry both

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Nice looking rifle sir! How quite is that suppressor?

I've got mine nearly complete. Still waiting on my Raptor charging handle and replacement barrel nut. My hand gards don't want to place nice with the current barrel nut.

My build is:

RRA lower
    RRA 2 stage NM trigger
    Aero Upper
    BCM BCH
    18" Blackhole Weaponry barrel 1/8
    Samson 15" Evolution
    Magpul MOE rifle stock

No optics yet but you know what I'm getting already. :)

The suppressor is hearing safe. Its a yhm titanimum QD 308 suppressor. IMO suppressors are louder out of ar's. I dont think its so much the can as it is the gas/spring. Its defintally better than wearing hearing protection. If your interested in one come try mine first

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    alan, i've been loading 77 smk's for my 1-8 barrels with 24.5 gr of varget in lc brass. makes 1/2" groups at 100 yds. you'll love the prs stock when you get it......daryll

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    alan, i've been loading 77 smk's for my 1-8 barrels with 24.5 gr of varget in lc brass. makes 1/2" groups at 100 yds. you'll love the prs stock when you get it......daryll

Ive got 20 of that exact load worked up for one of my test groups.

I probably should start looking for a prs, but I dont have the energy to hunt parts in this market anymore. Ill grab one some day.

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    I've been wanting to put a YHM handguard on my precision build I've been working on whenever I can find them in-stock somewhere. I was looking at the installation instructions and it says to use their forearm wrench. Can I use my armorers wrench or do I have to buy their specific tool?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I've been wanting to put a YHM handguard on my precision build I've been working on whenever I can find them in-stock somewhere. I was looking at the installation instructions and it says to use their forearm wrench. Can I use my armorers wrench or do I have to buy their specific tool?

They have a specific wrench for their lock nut. In a pinch you can use a punch and a hammer if you dont mind a couple little marks. But you use a armors wrench to install their barrel nut.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom