• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    I ordered mine from Amazon a few weeks ago. They are still showing in-stock for $245.99 and free shipping.
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Magpul-AR-15-Sniper-Stock-Black/dp/B000UEMDQ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360164604&sr=8-1&keywords=magpul+prs"]Amazon.com[/ame]

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Alan, one of the alternatives to a prs can be found here.
    White Oak Precision - Custom Parts
    I don't know what John wants for them now but this type of stock is much more adjustable.
    Not nearly as tactical and probably not an issue for you using a bipod.

Those are 450. Im not 100% sure if ill upgrade the stock or not. I really wont know until I get some trigger time (hopfully this afternoon)

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I have a CAA Tactical stock on my lower I'm working on. They are a bit pricier, but are very nice. Got a good deal in the classifieds that I couldn't pass up.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Curious to see how it did today. What distance were you going to reach out to? That should be one BA rifle.

I shot today with it some. I also called ms armament and got a prs.

I dont know if anyone else has ever shot and nothing felt right, but that was me today. Everything felt wierd and I know alot of the groups were my fault.

I shot at 200 yards with varget powder.

23gr shot amazing 20rd group with 10 shots inside 1 inch, 5 more inside 2 inches, total group size about 3 inchs, I didnt have my chrono out, but I know that was slower than I want.

With 23.5gr I didnt have 2 bullets out of the 20 within a inch of another (thats exagerating, but you get the picture) Overall group was about 5-6 inchs.

With 24gr I had 5 shots in a inch, 15 inside 2 inches, and overall group of 3 inches

24.5gr went the same as 24.

Next round Im doing 10 shot groups @ 24-24.2-24.4-24.6-24.8. Ill shoot these at 300-400 yards. TO be honest I probably should have just started with 24-24.8, but I always feel better starting way low and working up. Plus the more rounds I get threw a rifle the better I shoot with that rifle. Im told alot of folks can grab a rifle and be good with it. I have to do some shooting before I really get the feel of a gun.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Loks nice...I think you put your scope on backwards though! I like that Seekins upper. I've been looking for an VLTOR MUR with no luck, but that looks awesome. I might have to give him a call and try one out.

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    alan, what gas block are you using? if you put on a jp adjustable gas block,after you get the load dialed the barrel likes you can back off on the gas block for less recoil and quicker follow ups...daryll

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Alan IDK if you bought a prs yet, but I googled something the other day and lo and behold the SEARs website came up. Just out of curiosity, I went in. Among other things, they had a PRS for around $205. Crazy. I guess its time to start ordering a SEARS and ROBUCK catalog again... It was under their hunting gear link.

Good luck!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Alan IDK if you bought a prs yet, but I googled something the other day and lo and behold the SEARs website came up. Just out of curiosity, I went in. Among other things, they had a PRS for around $205. Crazy. I guess its time to start ordering a SEARS and ROBUCK catalog again... It was under their hunting gear link.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip, Ive already ordered but thats about what I paid and Id rather the money go to Mario.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Thanks for the tip, Ive already ordered but thats about what I paid and Id rather the money go to Mario.

Sure. As you know I prefer locals too :):

I was really shocked to see AR parts on a SEARs website. (A friend of mine from Lafayette was looking for an upper when we discovered this) Especially when I can't seem to find them at the LGSs. Glad you were able to find yours.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Sure. As you know I prefer locals too :):

I was really shocked to see AR parts on a SEARs website. (A friend of mine from Lafayette was looking for an upper when we discovered this) Especially when I can't seem to find them at the LGSs. Glad you were able to find yours.

Ya this is the first ive heard of them stocking parts

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    bringing thread back to life.

40 degree day saturday, figured you might have got it out. curious how it grouped.

you mentioned that with the can on it, the recoil spring was mostly what you heard. i put in a jp silent recoil assembly and love it. with my big electronic ears on it drove me nuts hearing that old recoil spring grating in the tube, not any more.

i'm curious how your new build would group without the can on. a nordic stainless or jerry miculek flash suppressor has a lot of side blow off and reduces recoil, and i know how these group. and would the yhm 308 can group different or better than a 223 can due to less back pressure at the muzzle.

interested to hear load info on best group with that barrel.......daryll

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    bringing thread back to life.

40 degree day saturday, figured you might have got it out. curious how it grouped.

you mentioned that with the can on it, the recoil spring was mostly what you heard. i put in a jp silent recoil assembly and love it. with my big electronic ears on it drove me nuts hearing that old recoil spring grating in the tube, not any more.

i'm curious how your new build would group without the can on. a nordic stainless or jerry miculek flash suppressor has a lot of side blow off and reduces recoil, and i know how these group. and would the yhm 308 can group different or better than a 223 can due to less back pressure at the muzzle.

interested to hear load info on best group with that barrel.......daryll

I didnt get out and shoot, Mae had a charity walk in Indy so I was on baby duty.

Like you Ive also been curious on group size a suppressor makes. I dont think Ill ever be serious enough about this rifles group size to run it un suppressed. On steel a 556 is dificult enough to hear @ 750 that I dont want to have ears on. So im doing load development with the suppressor, but when its done, Ill defintally check and see if the suppressor hurts the load Im done with.

24gr of varget was close enough to work for this rifle (20 shots 1.5 moa) but im going to try and tweek it a little before I mass produce. The project may get delayed because im building a reloading room at my house, instid of haveing to go 2 miles down the road to my parents. Ive been dreading moving all that stuff for years, but its time.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I got to shoot this rifle! :p :D

I totally get why 42769vette built this gun around the Geissele trigger-- it is freakin' sweet!

I'm proud to say that I rang steel at 730 yards with this AR!

Full report here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...t_to_730_yards_with_42769vette_pics_vids.html

021613048.jpg

Top Bottom