• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You lost me.

I asked a simple question requesting a simple answer.

Have I lost you, or . . . have I just blown your mind but teaching you how to approach the criminal law?

The line goes: In American, everything is permitted except that which the law prohibits. In Germany, everything is forbidden except for that which the law permits. In China, everything is forbidden unless ordered by the Party.

When you have a question of criminal law, always ask for the statute.

Example #1:

At the gun shop, you hear this:

"It is highly illegal to carry more than one pistol at a time."

You react by asking for the statute prohibiting the conduct.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Have I lost you, or . . . have I just blown your mind but teaching you how to approach the criminal law?

The line goes: In American, everything is permitted except that which the law prohibits. In Germany, everything is forbidden except for that which the law permits. In China, everything is forbidden unless ordered by the Party.

Example #1:

I can't carry more then one pistol at a time!!! :draw: sez who!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpXOYvsu-4I
    :lmfao:

Last edited:

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Before my hackles get completely raised, what great deal in the classifieds is suddenly prompting this interest after so long away?

As for ammunition, I used to work for a guy who had a pallet of 7.62x54R delivered to his door. Not a case. A pallet. Shipping was a wee bit expensive, as I recall, but it's completely legal. Thank goodness we can still do that in America, at least. They're trying to change that in the Congress too.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You have more than one wife?

If he did, I'm thinking he might not be able to afford more ammo, but then he did say that more than one of them worked... Now that could be appealing. I never thought of it in that context.

Hey, have I told you guys about the 870 at Shootrite?

Now we've gone and done it, I think if someone mentions it twice more in the same thread, Kirk appears and tells the story... or maybe it includes being quoted, and if so, then I'm sorry guys.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Just to echo everyone else, yes you can. I've ordered cartridges ranging in quantity from 20 to 2000 to my door in calibers ranging from .17 HMR to .50 AE. I've also ordered pounds of power, thousands of projectiles, and primers to my door.

I shoot 3,000-5,000 rounds per year. I order 90% of them online and have them delivered to my residence or place of employment.

The only drawback is ORM-D shipping fees.

I don't know what "fees" you are talking about! I have frequently ordered ORM-D packages (Many thousands of rounds or both High power rifle and handgun - Complete Ammo) and have never been charged any additional fees above any other product I have received.

ORM-D does not require additional Hazmat paperwork - as Gunpowder and Primers do - so no additional fees should be charged by any shipper! Is it possible you ordered Primers and Gunpowder when you ordered ammo and the additional fee was for those items?

There is new regulations that will take effect at the end of the year Event Calendar , but the way I read it, there will still be no additional fees for ammo shipping...

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Interesting screen name too BeDome Maybe Be dum ??? slowww race to 50??? :dunno:

Curious

You had to ask, didn't you?

You will regret this impulse.

The explanation is so incredibly droll and boring that it will make you puke.

In my first career, I joined musical groups and traveled across the nation in buses playing music. However, I am, on my best days, only an average musician. My main interest (in that realm, anyway) was more about the gear than the music. Following my interests, I became an audio engineer and gave up the notion that I could actually play music.

Then, after a couple years of intense study I became a far more successful audio engineer than I might have ever been as an average musician. By the age of 22, I was running a fairly successful sound company, building giant sound systems for concerts for most every famous name you ever heard of from the 80s.

My favorite speaker manufacturer had gone through many years of success using Al (scientific abbreviation for aluminum) for their high frequency compression drivers (giant tweeters bolted to huge horns for sound reinforcement use NOT for the home!) and during their many improvements began using titanium alloys as well.
    BUT, as these dome shaped miracles of modern technology became ever more advanced and ever more powerful, they eventually began to incorporate Be (beryllium) into their domes.

Since I was involved, I have taken the name BeDome for my own and never looked back. However, I do have to explain it occasionally to those outside the science of large scale, high quality sound reinforcement.

:offers a bucket:

See, I told you you would need to puke.
    :):

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    You had to ask, didn't you?

You will regret this impulse.

The explanation is so incredibly droll and boring that it will make you puke.

In my first career, I joined musical groups and traveled across the nation in buses playing music. However, I am, on my best days, only an average musician. My main interest (in that realm, anyway) was more about the gear than the music. Following my interests, I became an audio engineer after a couple years of intense study. By the age of 22, I was running a fairly successful sound company, building giant sound systems for concerts for most every famous name you ever heard of from the 80s.

My favorite speaker manufacturer had gone through many years of success using Al (scientific abbreviation for aluminum) for their high frequency compression drivers (giant tweeters bolted to huge horns for sound reinforcement use NOT for the home!) and during their many improvements began using titanium alloys as well.
    BUT, as these dome shaped miracles of modern technology became ever more advanced and ever more powerful, they eventually began to incorporate Be (beryllium) into their domes.

Since I was involved, I have taken the name BeDome for my own and never looked back. However, I do have to explain it occasionally to those outside the science of large scale, high quality sound reinforcement.

:offers a bucket:

See, I told you you would need to puke.
    :):

That's cool. I figured there had to be an explanation. I am a geek so I totally respect that! :yesway:

And :welcome: to the forum.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE

Example #1:

You know what, pal?

You make way more sense to me after a little more context has been revealed and my taking the time for a bit of productive reflection.

I thank you for your efforts.

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Just to echo everyone else, yes you can. I've ordered cartridges ranging in quantity from 20 to 2000 to my door in calibers ranging from .17 HMR to .50 AE. I've also ordered pounds of power, thousands of projectiles, and primers to my door.

I shoot 3,000-5,000 rounds per year. I order 90% of them online and have them delivered to my residence or place of employment.

The only drawback is ORM-D shipping fees.

ORM-D costs no more to ship than regular, you just can't ship them by air. ORM-D is not the same as Hazmat which DOES incur additional fees.

tomaustin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    the entire premise of his question is wrong from the git-go...........there are NO RESTRICTIONS ordering ammo to your door in Texas..........NONE,NEVER, WON'T EVER BE...........order all you want......I believe he is NOT who he says he is......

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    the entire premise of his question is wrong from the git-go...........there are NO RESTRICTIONS ordering ammo to your door in Texas..........NONE,NEVER, WON'T EVER BE...........order all you want......I believe he is NOT who he says he is......

As I stated earlier, I have often relied upon friends to help me know the straight scoop. Trying this site was a logical modern step in that same direction.

I can tell you that in the mid 70s, I was a member of a fairly advanced gun club in south Texas. About one fifth of our permanent membership was involved in law enforcement to one degree or another, such as: city police from several surrounding cities, THE elected sheriff of the county along with more than a dozen of his deputies and a few other deputies from surrounding counties. One of the members was a Texas State Police officer.

When I inquired of these educated and well trained men, who I called my friends, I was advised to acquire and maintain a Federal Firearms License "to do all the things I needed to do," including ordering prepared ammunition, firearms of all sorts (less of a concern, since about twenty members held proper FFLs), powder, primers, fresh or reclaimed military brass, etc.
    If this was wrong or outdated information, then I regret sharing it here.
    To me, at the time, I accepted this as good advice and I followed it.

Now, honestly, to accuse someone of NOT being who they say they are is a bit of a stretch in either case and if that was a gauntlet being thrown down, then we will surely talk again.
    I have not misrepresented "who I say I am," dude.

Top Bottom