I probably wont dump my XDM quite yet...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's nice to see Remington trying to come up with a new design, but I'm guessing that this is not revolutionary inside. When one of the biggest selling points they try to make is about how they used a dovetail on the front sight 'to give you the power to adjust your sight picture to your preference', it does make you wonder about the rest of the gun. Honestly, if that's one of the best features, then how good can the rest of the gun be?

xdmdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    southport
    Up there with the ruger American for ugliest pistol of the year, but at least the ruger will be reliable! I noticed that no one in this thread actually had anything good to say about this pistol other than the op.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    When you buy it, is there an actual gun in the box or do they just send you a gift certificate for the post-recall redesign 2.0 version now?

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    I think choice is a good thing, but I have to wonder what minuscule percentage of the striker-fired 9mm pistol market they think they will capture.

As for the outward appearance, there was a time when industrial design was very important in American industry. Even the great Raymond Loewy contributed design ideas to a railroad locomotive back in the day. But, when form gets the way of function, something Glock will never be accused of, maybe it's not worth the effort.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I'm no big Remington fan, although I do own an older 870 that is a great firearm. What I can't believe is so much hate coming from supposedly knowledgeable people who have probably never held this pistol. Yeah, the chances are that this isn't anything groundbreaking, but I withhold judgement until I either see some testing or I get to handle and shoot one myself. As for looks, well, since Glock, nothing of that ilk has style or beauty.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    When you buy it, is there an actual gun in the box or do they just send you a gift certificate for the post-recall redesign 2.0 version now?

Nope. You only get the gift certificate after you use the 4 Fed Ex shipping labels provided sending it for various repairs. They need to verify your committed first.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    hey hey hey now....don't go hating on Remington, they're jus trying to stimulate the economy

I mean come on, look at how many people they'll have to hire to handle the returns, complaints, and problems that that gun will have!

No, they will probably outsource this activity to the lowest bidder...

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    No, they will probably outsource this activity to the lowest bidder...

Yep.

It is hard to understand why the US manufacturers have just given up.

I think the last thing done that you could call somewhat creative, and intelligently directed at a market, was the 2011. The Ruger LCP might also qualify though.

Make em cheap, outsource if that makes em cheaper, if the customer wants a superior product he can either pay a lot for US custom built guns or buy from CZ and Tanfoglio at a mass production price.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What I can't believe is so much hate coming from supposedly knowledgeable people who have probably never held this pistol. Yeah, the chances are that this isn't anything groundbreaking...

Once you get a reputation, it's hard to shake. Remington's last "new gun", the R51, was a pulsing ball of suck and fail with massive failure rates even after being reworked and "fixed". Their QC is suspect, as is their design team. If someone wants to risk their money and time, and possibly life, on the newest "Glock killer" on the market, that's on them. In the meantime, the rest of us will poke a bit of fun then move on.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Once you get a reputation, it's hard to shake. Remington's last "new gun", the R51, was a pulsing ball of suck and fail with massive failure rates even after being reworked and "fixed". Their QC is suspect, as is their design team. If someone wants to risk their money and time, and possibly life, on the newest "Glock killer" on the market, that's on them. In the meantime, the rest of us will poke a bit of fun then move on.

Yup, it's why I still can't get over Colt's All American 2000 :)

Companies make something new, tout is as groundbreaking, and it flops.....big time

Plus Remington has made some extremely questionable decisions in recent years. Them fubaring H&R, Para Ordnance, and Marlin, the R51, the RM380 didn't set the world on fire.

About the only good thing Remingotn has done lately is the price drops for AAC, and I've heard a lot of that was due to AAC changing locations. And maybe they finally recouped from Kevin Brittingham's buyout

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I'm definitely not a Remington fan boy, but every design deserves a chance. Pre-judging never did anyone or anything any good.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm definitely not a Remington fan boy, but every design deserves a chance. Pre-judging never did anyone or anything any good.

Feel free to buy one, beta test it, and get back with us. I'd also argue that pre-judgement is essential in decision making in many circumstances, but that's a different topic all together.

Top Bottom