I probably wont dump my XDM quite yet...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    i don't think ruger is even trying anymore

lcp=keltec
    sr22=watlher p22
    ar15 (I do give credit for the ar556 takedown)

The LCP is a Kel-tec with improved ergonomics. From all reports, the SR22 is an improved P22.

There is value in incremental improvement. Not enough for me to replace the originals that I already own, but enough that when my wife wanted a pocket .380 like mine, we got the improved Ruger over a second Kel-tec.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Feel free to buy one, beta test it, and get back with us. I'd also argue that pre-judgement is essential in decision making in many circumstances, but that's a different topic all together.
    I'm disappointed in hearing this from you. I usually have a very high opinion of your views. We'll just agree to disagree.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm definitely not a Remington fan boy, but every design deserves a chance. Pre-judging never did anyone or anything any good.

It keeps me from eating Taco Bell or Subway.

I don't care what new creation they create in the lab, I'm not putting it in my mouth.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm disappointed in hearing this from you. I usually have a very high opinion of your views. We'll just agree to disagree.

I'm not sure what you took issue with, but I stand by my statement. I've given up being the first kid on the block to buy any new offering from a firearms company. There are simply too many proven designs on the market for me to bother with being the guinea pig. I'm sticking with short extractor Sigs for the foreseeable future. However, if I did branch out into striker fired guns it would not be a 1st generation pistol from a manufacturer with known QC and design issues in their past. Even Glock has growing pains with new designs, witness the launch of the single stack pistols. Springfield recalled the 1st generation of XDs pistols for trigger issues. Let someone else shake out those bugs on their dime.

If you think pre-judging isn't part of decision making, I have to disagree. It's an essential part of decision making. In many instances there's a near infinite amount of choices. It would be inefficient and ineffective to wade through every single choice. When you decide to buy a new car, you don't drive every single vehicle on the market. You pre-judge which ones you're most likely to find suit your needs, and then test that limited batch. Guns are no different. Restaurants are no different. We do it all the time, and we do it because it's the most efficient way to get a desirable, if not necessarily ideal, outcome.

Even decisions you don't think of as decisions involve pre-judgement based on experience and knowledge. If you want a soda, you decide to go the fridge, even if you're in a home you've never been in before you'll go to the fridge. That's a decision, as you could open the cabinet or the broom closet to look for a soda, after all. A home contains hundreds of places a soda could theoretically be stored. Thanks to your judgement you know that the most likely decision that leads to success is looking in the fridge. That's simple...but it's not trivial. Programmers trying to make life-like AI struggle with this very thing. Our brains aren't terribly powerful in terms of processing power, but they are extremely efficient decision making machines, and pre-judging outcomes is a huge part of why. We'd be literally paralyzed without it, as we lack the processing power to continuously make all the decision we need to with all the available options.

That is, perhaps, more esoteric than what you had in mind but that's the angle I'm coming from. Pre-judgement is part of what makes humans human, so it's tough for me to agree it doesn't do us any good.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    i don't think ruger is even trying anymore

lcp=keltec
    sr22=watlher p22
    ar15 (I do give credit for the ar556 takedown)

Agreed, but the Ruger Precision Rifle is pretty darn sweet and very modular.
    Can't wait to shoot mine

On the Remmy, It looks like a cross between an M&P and a PPQ.
    If it's got good ergos, trigger, accuracy, and no recalls, it will sell pretty good I think.
    I wouldn't mind renting one and giving it a try.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Wow, the video doesn't do much to sell it! I realize this is one video, one pistol, and may not be 100% consistent with others experiences, but still a poor start. With other known "good" options it sure looks like a gamble of a purchase.

While the LCP catches criticism, mine has always been 100%. It's a tool built at a price point. Being as I don't like to pocket carry unless I have to, I appreciate a reliable and cheaper option. I don't expect my grand kids to one day comment on its "old world" craftsmanship, I just want cheap, small, and reliable. I'd buy just about anything stamped with a Ruger logo, I've never been let down. No opinion on the keltecs as I've never shot one, other than fit and finish isn't as nice.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom