• ...and so much more!
  • Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    NOW UPDATED WITH VIDEO

Well with all the users that have been doing this recently, I decided I'd give it a try. Went out and bought the necessary materials (buying fingernail polish late at night as a male was a bit weird, I have to admit). I must also preface my list of materials with one statement. DOING THIS PROJECT WENT AGAINST EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING! I mean come on, fingernail polish on a GUN!?

The items I used:

-Rubbing Alcohol (THIS IS FOR DEGREASING THE AREAS YOU'RE GOING TO PAINT, THIS IS STEP ONE. I used 80% Isopropyl, although any would work)

-Q-tips

-Sally Hansen's Extreme Hard As Nails white nail polish

-Cheap-o paper towels (the expensive ones are too absorbent and they will not work)

-Non-Acetone finger nail polish remover (be sure to get the non-acetone. Easier on the skin and the finish)

-Patience (Yeah, you need it)

Now, for some pics of the final result;

I think it turned out really well. I put 4 coats on the slide, and it only took 3 coats for the mags. You just have to take your time, relax and be sure not to use too much non-acetone fingernail polish. I mean, you could use a lot, but you'd risk doing the process over and over and over. Also guys, let each coat dry after wiping off the polish. Then go to the next coat and so on and so forth.

So there you have it. It only took about 30 minutes, and it's easier than I thought it would be. Ask any questions you guys may have. I might start doing this for people for a small fee. Just send in your slide and mags and I'd get it back to you in a jiffy ;) Anyways, just wanted to share with my INGO pals. Later guys, have a good Monday.

*******************************************************************************
    So, here's a few videos. I'm sorry if it seems rushed. I did the video twice before and kept getting interrupted. I keep saying ACETONE in the video, but I cannot stress how much you need NON-ACETONE. This is my first video, so go easy on me guys. In the second video, I sound congested as hell, and it's because I was! Nose started running like crazy.

http://youtu.be/kQ3gY5uaX3Q

http://youtu.be/ToE1RXF8xb8

Last edited:

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    So did you use anything to paint it in there and follow the outline, or did you just coat the whole area and wipe away the excess (like doing grout work)?

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    So did you use anything to paint it in there and follow the outline, or did you just coat the whole area and wipe away the excess (like doing grout work)?

Basically, I just globbed it on there the first 2 coats. Only cover the areas you want filled in, don't just paint the entire side of the slide with the finger nail polish. After I had done the second coat, I put the brush in a vertical orientation and pushed color into the stamping (so yes, like grout work). Do you like it Sir?

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Do you LIKE that look? I mean.. obviously you do but, I have always thought that makes it look "Airsofty" or "Crosman-ey". Never understood it.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    looks good, I bought the stuff to do mine as well but just haven't pulled the trigger so to speak.

Do it man! You won't regret it. If any of you like I could do a video on it? :dunno:

I mean, mines already filled in, but another coat wouldn't hurt anything and I could show the process. I won't do the mags again. They're good as it is, and they're a bit time consuming.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Do you LIKE that look? I mean.. obviously you do but, I have always thought that makes it look "Airsofty" or "Crosman-ey". Never understood it.

I think it does like good Dom and also, I have a feeling you're into old school looks. And, nothing wrong with that. I understand what you're saying to an extent but honestly, I think it makes it look clean and professional. Adds a little spice to an otherwise bland pistol.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Thanks dude! Need any work done on any of your Glocks? Or are you a Sig and CZ only type of guy? ;)

LOL, No I drink lots of different flavors of Kool-Aide. I just dont have a Glock right now. I was looking into maybe getting an EXO 23 soon. I may do up the lettering in black so it stands out. If I get it and do it up Ill post it.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Looks nice, great job! I probably won't do it to mine though, if a badguy or bottle is looking at the business end of my Glock it won't care what model it's! :): I might to it to the front sight post on a couple of my revolvers though, black on black is hard to make out at dusk!

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I think it does like good Dom and also, I have a feeling you're into old school looks. And, nothing wrong with that. I understand what you're saying to an extent but honestly, I think it makes it look clean and professional. Adds a little spice to an otherwise bland pistol.

Probably true, If you like it, I gotta say, its well done and clean. I mean, probably the best I have seen. :yesway:

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Looks nice, great job! I probably won't do it to mine though, if a badguy or bottle is looking at the business end of my Glock it won't care what model it's! :): I might to it to the front sight post on a couple of my revolvers though, black on black is hard to make out at dusk!

LOL. I certainly didn't do this for the BG's out there! :): I just think it looks freakin' sweet! I'm gonna do it to my G21 SF I pick up eventually, but with a toxic green color. Like this one;

28ksjua.jpg

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy

Try the same polish I used. It's tough stuff for sure. I'd go with a crimson, or brilliant red. Maybe an orange. Maybe these? Oh and don't forget to degrease with the alcohol first!

qprrdj.jpg

a5r2g.jpg

Top Bottom