• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do!! It def is a pricey mil-spec 1911, fit and finish is really nice. U are correct the trigger is rough and hopefully smoothes out with time and rds downrange, I'm saying its a +6lb :(

I've never seen a gun come from the factory literally dripping in oil!!

I do like the gun. If it were not priced like a range officer it would be on my to get list.
    Well, it is on that list but I have a custom build and 2 other projects going right now so, maybe.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Never shot a scorpion, but I love my Springer. Easy to change grips.

The grips on the Scorpion are unusual. The work with the MSH to form a decent mag well. The downside of the Scorpion is, if you are in the mood for a different grip, you're swapping the MSH as well.

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    I have made up my mind I plan on getting the Springfield LW Champion Operator, there was a brand new for cheap in the classifieds but I don't have the money yet.

What kind of holster would you guys recommend for one with a light on it?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have made up my mind I plan on getting the Springfield LW Champion Operator, there was a brand new for cheap in the classifieds but I don't have the money yet.

What kind of holster would you guys recommend for one with a light on it?

Fobus makes a holster for a railed 1911 sporting a light but it is for a full size. Not sure if they make one (or anyone does) for the Champion length.

I have just finished up-grades on my LW Champion RO. EGW ignition parts with the race (light weight) hammer. MagWell and Hogue grips.

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    Don't they already have a bevel inside the magwell, would after market one make much difference?

Worse Case I'll get a hold of Slowhand and have one made if he still does that, he made one for my dads CW9 that is awesome.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't they already have a bevel inside the magwell, would after market one make much difference?

Worse Case I'll get a hold of Slowhand and have one made if he still does that, he made one for my dads CW9 that is awesome.

I add the magwell to get another bit of length to fit my hand better. It also enhances the looks.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I do!! It def is a pricey mil-spec 1911, fit and finish is really nice. U are correct the trigger is rough and hopefully smoothes out with time and rds downrange, I'm saying its a +6lb :(

Pull a new Les Baer out of the box sometime you could go change your cars oil with what comes off of them!

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    There is one in the classifieds now that has magwell on it now that I think about it. It looks good I just didn't know if it was needed functionally.

A Les Baer would be nice but I like sleeping in my bed lol.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is one in the classifieds now that has magwell on it now that I think about it. It looks good I just didn't know if it was needed functionally.

A Les Baer would be nice but I like sleeping in my bed lol.

Functionally it is an enhancement for me both in a better grip and my monkey's butt awkward mag changes. The little tiny bevels in the stock grip are not any real help in this. That is the beauty of the 1911. So many up-grades can be done to them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Mine was the same way when I got it. They really do look like they dip them and then crate em. I've been reading that Dan Wesson uses a True Radius sear on the CZ 1911. Right after I got mine, I tried to polish it with a few swipes of a stone, not knowing it was a radius sear. Then, a week later, I took AllenM's 1911 class and used that gun as a project. The sear cleaned up pretty well, but it's no longer a radius sear. Right now, the trigger is a nice 3 1/2 lbs though. I'm guessing that with a bit of shooting, the sear will smooth out.

Top Bottom