• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I'm still curious, if the whole body and receiver of the pistol is polymer, then where can you engrave it for the SBR route? Is going on the barrel if it's fixed okay? I don't see a secondary plate like for the serial number. I do see an ugly warning label though

And I'm not sure there's enough parts than can be changed to make it 922r compliant. I heard the trigger group is permanently fixed in the trigger housing. So I'm curious how quickly American made products are going to become available for this and for what cost.

That MPX might start looking better and better depending how much the cost of the parts for the Evo are

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I'm still curious, if the whole body and receiver of the pistol is polymer, then where can you engrave it for the SBR route? Is going on the barrel if it's fixed okay? I don't see a secondary plate like for the serial number. I do see an ugly warning label though

And I'm not sure there's enough parts than can be changed to make it 922r compliant. I heard the trigger group is permanently fixed in the trigger housing. So I'm curious how quickly American made products are going to become available for this and for what cost.

That MPX might start looking better and better depending how much the cost of the parts for the Evo are
    I had my UMP barrels engraved. It's kind of a pain in the butt to have each barrel engraved, but I didn't want to screw with engraving plastic.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I had my UMP barrels engraved. It's kind of a pain in the butt to have each barrel engraved, but I didn't want to screw with engraving plastic.

That's good to know, wasn't sure if you could do that or not. Is going on the barrel an exception for polymer framed guns or can anything be done like that? As long as that barrel/barrels stay with the serial number on the form 1?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    That's good to know, wasn't sure if you could do that or not. Is going on the barrel an exception for polymer framed guns or can anything be done like that? As long as that barrel/barrels stay with the serial number on the form 1?
    I've got three barrels for it, the original USC 16", a short .45, and a short 9mm. If I get a .40 conversion, I'll have that barrel engraved also.

I don't know how easy the CZ barrel will be to remove. Might have to go a different route with it.

It does appear that the pistol retains the folded stock latch. One of the auction photos seems to show it.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009

You can engrave the barrel on any gun. I've seen several that have mfg info on the barrel, especially old imports like military surplus guns. People just generally don't do it because of the modularity of the AR platform and it's often just as easy or easier to engrave the receiver.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    No. I just got a reply from CZ on the stock and I asked about the mags after I thanked them for the stock response.

I just mentioned it because I assume, while everyone is busy finding their gun, might be the only chance to get some before they are sold out. I can see them becoming pretty salty given the demand.

Top Bottom