I want to obtain the legal right to own a suppressor...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    At the risk of being chastised again, I'm going to suggest adding "site:" before "ingunowners.com", like this:

site:ingunowners.com suppressor license

That will narrow down the Google search to only return hits on INGO, rather than any hit that contains the phrase "ingunowners.com".
    How dare you!:D

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Another newbie mistake... I should have quoted redneck instead of just assuming my comments were obviously directed at the person I was truly talking to when I made that comment. (Not directed at scutter01)

INDEED.... Wait for it.....

I think this is a good example of how things can get lost in translation over the web.

Thanks for waiting.... My comment wasn't even directed to you.. it was directed to Scutter01... its a long standing INGO Joke... What there's a FAQ... who knew.

So you just proved your own point.... Thanks :ingo:

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    In a feeble attempt to re-rail the tread, OP, you already have the "right" to own a suppressor, and machine guns in fact, along with a ton of other cool toys. You just gotta do the legwork and spend the dollars to do it, as has been pointed out already.

SHEEPdOHdoubleG

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    East Central Indiana
    So you just proved your own point.... Thanks :ingo:

Being an INGO newbie :n00b:, and because I had seen people say the phrase, "INGO has FAQ's :dunno:" before, I took that as you hinting to me that I needed to read the faq's and everything I needed to know was in there.

What got under my skin, which now seems like nothing, was that I HAVE been reading the FAQ's... Studyin my balls off in fact. ;) This is just my first forum I have ever been on, so with that being said,

MY FIRST RESPONSE, THOUGH IT MAY HAVE BEEN OVER THE LINE, WAS MISINTERPRETED TO BE A SHOT AT SCUTTER01, WHEN IN FACT, IT WAS ME ATTEMPTING TO SHOW REDNECKMEDIC, "I MEAN BUSINESS!" BUT, REALLY, I WAS THE FOOL :n00b: WHO MISINTERPRETED WHO THE ORIGINAL POST BY REDNECKMEDIC WAS DIRECTED TOWARDS. CREATING A HUGE MESS, AND MISUNDERSTANDING.

I APOLOGIZE FOR ANYTHING THAT I SAID THAT MAY HAVE OFFENDING ANYONE, ESPECIALLY SCUTTER.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    OK ;)

polls_rage_1032_419210_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    In a feeble attempt to re-rail the tread, OP, you already have the "right" to own a suppressor, and machine guns in fact, along with a ton of other cool toys.
    Umm, no. If any of us actually had a right, that is, duly recognized and not infringed by current statute, we would be able to walk into our chosen dealer, pick out our machine gun, pay for it, and walk out with it. Questions asked? Sure. "Cash or charge?" I don't even mind showing ID or proof of citizenship on request using a separate, recognized system. That is it. And there would be no penalty of ten years imprisonment and minimum $10,000 fine on even one count of possession of such item, as currently exists.

SHEEPdOHdoubleG

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    East Central Indiana
    At the risk of being chastised again, I'm going to suggest adding "site:" before "ingunowners.com", like this:

That will narrow down the Google search to only return hits on INGO, rather than any hit that contains the phrase "ingunowners.com".

Thanks for the advice. This should help me cut down on my newbie mistakes. :)

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    Umm, no. If any of us actually had a right, that is, duly recognized and not infringed by current statute, we would be able to walk into our chosen dealer, pick out our machine gun, pay for it, and walk out with it. Questions asked? Sure. "Cash or charge?" I don't even mind showing ID or proof of citizenship on request using a separate, recognized system. That is it. And there would be no penalty of ten years imprisonment and minimum $10,000 fine on even one count of possession of such item, as currently exists.

OK, so if something has any kind of restriction or limitation to it, you do not consider it a right, is that correct?

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    OK, so if something has any kind of restriction or limitation to it, you do not consider it a right, is that correct?
    No, not correct, in that the sentence structure is too vague. The key point is the difference between a right and a privilege. By definition, if you have to apply for permission/authorization to do a certain thing, you do not have a right. If one believes it to be an inherent right, whether enumerated in a legal document or not, this should be doubly obvious.

Once all of the rights in the BoR and others - life, liberty, property - of other citizens are acknowledged and respected, the restrictions and limitations on the actual exercise of that right (or activity) become more obvious. These need not be codified, rather were already set forth in the Ten Commandments, the United States Constitution and the various State Constitutions.

It was meant to be that one could own just about anything within his means, the unspoken caveat being that one must not commit a crime against his neighbor(s).

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I want to obtain the legal right to own a suppressor...
    Now that right there is the problem. You already have the legal right to own a suppressor, you even have the right to legally own one, the right to own a legal one and the legal right to use it legally. You see, you really asked the wrong question indeed especially considering that "RIGHTS" are neither legal or illegal, they are RIGHTS. It is just a matter of the hoops and procedures you must jump through to demonstrate that you indeed are not a free man and will only do what we say when we say it. On that note...have fun.

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee

Thanks for the tip! that helped greatly!

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Thanks, this was much quicker and easier to understand. I also appreciate you not immediately hinting that, "if I would have only read the FAQ's, I would know all there is to know about INGO".

The FAQ's are extremely thorough and the Mod's did a great job on them... but, they are lengthy and every once in a while it's nice to get JUST the info you're looking for and not have to search and read for 20 minutes to find my answer... AND every so often there's also a good ol' guy who just shoots it straight, and for that, I THANK YOU!

well, if you had actually searched more than 30 seconds you would have found this info in no time. Scutter was only pointing out the fact that if you would just read, you could have found out in no time! also for future reference getting snarky with a mod isn't the smartest thing to do.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    well, if you had actually searched more than 30 seconds you would have found this info in no time. Scutter was only pointing out the fact that if you would just read, you could have found out in no time! also for future reference getting snarky with a mod isn't the smartest thing to do.

Chill. We made nice nice days ago. It's all good. ;)

Top Bottom