• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cooltools

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    I guess I can see two possible answers here:

1) If you have a table of "operators" who are all "ready," you need to see trouble coming before they do so you can make sure their taticality (C) doesn't get them killed.

2) Since you've been spotted, you need to be more alert because "they always kill the guy with the gun first."[/QUOTE]

Or the guy wearing the " shoot me first vest "

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I know this is the classic "gun guy" mantra of the hyper-aware civilian operator, but can you explain why? I've heard this so many times (usually at gun shops right before or after "the lifetime carry permit is going away"), but no one can ever provide any sound reasoning as to why they choose to have their back against a wall.

So does this mean my lifetime permit will be invalid or will I be Grand Fathered through? :nailbite:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Also, after nearly 20 years in the restaurant industry, I can tell you you'd be better off facing the kitchen than the door. A potential threat might come through the front door, but there's a very good chance there already ARE shady characters working in the kitchen. I've never had a violent encounter on the street, but I've been jumped, chased with a chef's knife, swung at, been cornered, and had multiple utensils and cookware hurled at me... All in the back of the house while you likely sat facing the door oblivious. :)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Also, after nearly 20 years in the restaurant industry, I can tell you you'd be better off facing the kitchen than the door. A potential threat might come through the front door, but there's a very good chance there already ARE shady characters working in the kitchen. I've never had a violent encounter on the street, but I've been chased with a chef's knife, swung at, been cornered, and had multiple utensils and cookware hurled at me... All in the back of the house while you likely sat facing the door oblivious. :)

All that, with a single, common denominator...

:p

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Also, after nearly 20 years in the restaurant industry, I can tell you you'd be better off facing the kitchen than the door. A potential threat might come through the front door, but there's a very good chance there already ARE shady characters working in the kitchen. I've never had a violent encounter on the street, but I've been jumped, chased with a chef's knife, swung at, been cornered, and had multiple utensils and cookware hurled at me... All in the back of the house while you likely sat facing the door oblivious. :)

Hey -
    I was married once too. I'm lucky to be alive.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County

My cooking skills aren't that great either but haven't been attacked because of them. :runaway:

Hey -
    I was married once too. I'm lucky to be alive.

My ex-wife made me some Chicken and Dumplins.
    I asked her if she made them southern style, which means spooned into the boiling liquid not rolled out like noodles.

She was born and raised in Alabama so I thought it was a sure thing.
    I came home from work and open the pot and all I saw was green. I asked why they were green, to which she said "I put green peas in my Dumplins".

My brain was saying don't say it, DON"T SAY IT!
    My mouth blurted out "That's not how my Mom makes them"
    She opened the back door and threw pot and all in the back yard. Did I mention she had CRAZY EYES?

I didn't eat green Dumplins though :yesway:
    Grass never did grow in the spot!

seagullplayer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Crawford Co
    First to the OP, great looking family.

If/should I get outed I will just glow with the thought that some lady was checking out my behind.
    Even if they are just on an outing from the local nursing home.

There was a time when I sat with my back to a wall so I might see her husband coming! (just kidding mostly)

Now its more so that when I lean my chair back, I am less likely to fall out of it...

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    I notice clips and belt loops as well. I don't bring it up but I chuckle when I see it or when I notice and then see them fluff their shirt a few seconds later. People that carry regularly know what to look for. It's cool that they actually thanked you for it. Good stuff.

Top Bottom