• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I have noticed that aol of the shooting sports are very serious. There isn't much laughing and joking going on during matches. I gave a "whoo hoo" after a good run and everyone looked at me like I had a third eyeball.

I guess competitive shooting is very serious business.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I have noticed that aol of the shooting sports are very serious. There isn't much laughing and joking going on during matches. I gave a "whoo hoo" after a good run and everyone looked at me like I had a third eyeball.

I guess competitive shooting is very serious business.

you need to find different folks to shoot/squad with.

i have no idea what "aol" is?

-rvb

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    The only thing that I take seriously is safety. I shoot to have fun,if it's not enjoyable I'll spend my free time doing something else.
    As long as you follow the safety rules you can shoot a uspsa field course any way you like.
    If you want to pie the corners,stick mt mags in your pocket or take all head shots with a bandanna over your face. Be my guest.

That bandanna thing..yeah I saw it happpen. It was a fun day

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    When I see a bullethole 1 mm away from its intended target and send a follow up shot, it is excellent tactical awareness followed by expert marksmanship. When you do it, it's round dumping. failure to do right

Good thing round dumping is no longer against the rules. Fire away!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    If I decorate my IDPA vest with all kinds of fishing lures in a clearly satirical way, would that be a violation of #8?

images

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I wish I'd kept one of those crappy flak jackets from the Corps. That'd be awesome for IDPA. F'in tactical!

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Every sport has the occasional Bastardus Corborum. I never got all that interested in IDPA. With the Pledge….I probably never will. It looks like the folks on top have begun to pick fly **** out of the pepper.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Seems like they are giving even more arbitrary power to their RO's and MD's and still fail to realize that this is the main hurdle keeping other competitors from participating. I have no problem with folks who participate in IDPA, and have several good friends that enjoy it. That being said, IDPA's weird oath makes it feel like you're joining Skull and Bones rather than shooting a friendly match with your buddies. Hopefully other shooting disciplines will take note of this and pick up the shooters who are leaving IDPA.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Also, how many folks do you know that could make it through an entire match without swearing? If you do, you could be DQ'ed under rule 5. I'm all for providing a family friendly event (like a football game, car race, etc.), but I'm afraid if you DQ'ed every athlete that cusses, that we wouldn't have any athletes to watch....

I'm with Rob377; these rules look like they were written by Vladimir Putin.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Also, how many folks do you know that could make it through an entire match without swearing? If you do, you could be DQ'ed under rule 5. I'm all for providing a family friendly event (like a football game, car race, etc.), but I'm afraid if you DQ'ed every athlete that cusses, that we wouldn't have any athletes to watch....

I'm pretty sure if they start enforcing that one, I'll be done before I even get out of the car. :):

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Honestly, let's name names. Who among our shooting buddies would be DQ'ed before we even start?
    You
    Me
    Jake
    Chaney

It'd probably be easier to names the ones stand a chance of not getting DQed for having a potty mouth.

Yeah.....

Can't think of any.

Top Bottom