• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    All I can say about today is I'm very thankful for Lachetta's house course- that was great and redeemed the day for me. May just be me, but the postal courses just didn't do it for me- and starting on the longest, hardest to score COF probably didn't help. I was happy to get out of that bay.

The rifle course was great- good job Steve! Not a very high round count, but some good things to test on and now practice on. Congrats to TF and Mudcat Jr for redeeming themselves from the outright spanking they got last week. Granted, they had to get a practice run with optics to beat me, but beat me they did:): Looks like 50 yards is you boys' sweet spot- leave the long distance stuff to me:D

Note to self- quite milking the trigger when prone!

And, Ben, no matter what else is said in this thread I just want you to know that "I'll believe anything you say" :laugh::laugh::laugh:Classic!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    May just be me, but the postal courses just didn't do it for me- and starting on the longest, hardest to score COF probably didn't help. I was happy to get out of that bay!

I don't think you were the only one. I love the concept of the postal matches but that weird one we started out with was a real drag; I'm glad we had some good stages after. I liked the airplane stage and the house is always interesting!

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    All I can say about today is I'm very thankful for Lachetta's house course- that was great and redeemed the day for me. May just be me, but the postal courses just didn't do it for me- and starting on the longest, hardest to score COF probably didn't help. I was happy to get out of that bay.

The rifle course was great- good job Steve! Not a very high round count, but some good things to test on and now practice on. Congrats to TF and Mudcat Jr for redeeming themselves from the outright spanking they got last week. Granted, they had to get a practice run with optics to beat me, but beat me they did:): Looks like 50 yards is you boys' sweet spot- leave the long distance stuff to me:D

Note to self- quite milking the trigger when prone!

And, Ben, no matter what else is said in this thread I just want you to know that "I'll believe anything you say" :laugh::laugh::laugh:Classic!

I wish I could rep you for that and I am so glad someone else heard it!!!! Classic Scott Hurt line right there...

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Wow- great run by everyone today! Congrats to Mudcat Jr- best overall score with 82.84!

And I FINALLY broke under 200- points down were way too many, but I'll take it, cause I'm a gamer.

Don't hate the playah!

Edit: Congrats AGAIN to Mudcat Jr- best in optics and irons in the sidematch. We really need to get that guy a wife and about 5 kids.

YES! January Shotgun Sidematch! I will be wearing my ushanka.

Last edited:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I gotta get a rifle, you guys have all the fun on the carbine courses

Do it quickly. I overheard Steve and Ben mention something about Steve doing them every other month and Ben saying "I'll do it next month." Don't know what that means- but that's justification for getting a carbine if I ever heard it.

Also, go ahead and get that Saiga 12 you saw and we'll convert it. Then come January you'll be ready. :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I do think that every other month is definitely the way to go; I'm hoping to be able to participate sometime soon. I need to get my ammo stash back up to acceptable Zombie Apocalypse quantity level and then I'm off and running on a rifle purchase.

scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Glad everyone had fun! I was dog tired when I got home last night. Then had to get up at 02:00 or 03:00 hrs., whatever, to get my daughter from BOA, where, once again, the southern band came in last....again...go figure :rolleyes:.
    Anyways, interesting COF on the side-match. Even designing the COF and going over and over on it, I didn't "appreciate" the challenges that were there, while designing it. Sounded like everyone enjoyed it. I'll put it in the file....you'll see it again :draw:.
    I'm thinking that the next side match this January, good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'll use the truck. For the older members here, remember the rifle racks in trucks? That would be Mudcat, me and .... oh never mind! What do you think about including about 3 slugs, the rest will be shot, in the COF?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Glad everyone had fun! I was dog tired when I got home last night. Then had to get up at 02:00 or 03:00 hrs., whatever, to get my daughter from BOA, where, once again, the southern band came in last....again...go figure :rolleyes:.
    Anyways, interesting COF on the side-match. Even designing the COF and going over and over on it, I didn't "appreciate" the challenges that were there, while designing it. Sounded like everyone enjoyed it. I'll put it in the file....you'll see it again :draw:.
    I'm thinking that the next side match this January, good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'll use the truck. For the older members here, remember the rifle racks in trucks? That would be Mudcat, me and .... oh never mind! What do you think about including about 3 slugs, the rest will be shot, in the COF?

Hey Steve, I've only ran two of your sidematches. The shotgun match, in my opinion, wasn't nearly as much a "skill set" match as the carbine match yesterday. The shotgun match was more fun- well, anytime I can "air out" the Saiga 12 is fun for me- but the carbine match was more beneficial to learning. For example, yesterday on the small popper you said I was shooting left. I couldn't figure out why till I laid on the floor in my bedroom prone and did some dry-fire. Yep- I see why now, the mag was working as a pivot point and the rifle wasn't snugged back tight. Every squeeze of the trigger moved the sights left. LESSON LEARNED- thanks!

I also liked the 3 courses yesterday as compared to the 1 cof on the shotgun.

As for the shotgun course, put the slugs in, TF needs to learn to shoot them (:D). My only comment with shotgun courses is that if Saigas have to have their own class, let us run full out, mags full. Otherwise, we should just run with the other semis:twocents:. Maybe the rules bind you to the other way, I don't know, just a thought.

Top Bottom