If President Barrack Obama knocked on your door ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If President Barrack Obama knocked on my door ...

• Total voters

EyesDownfield

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Not sure I'd have much to talk about with a person who thinks our Constitutional rights are superfluous and at the behest of government discretion. I'm diametrically opposed to the ideology that the government has the unilateral right to murder people without trial; something Obama has been adamantly fighting the courts over. I consider people who disregard our Constitution while creating extrajudicial control over the populace to be on the level of traitorous.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I respect the office of the POTUS and invite him in. I would do that regardless of who it was. I was raised better than to do otherwise.

I'll pass that on to all the JW's....what was your address....:D

I would simply say "Not Interested." And shut the door, with the O' I would make sure I slammed the door. An be darn proud of it....He should of known better than to waste my time.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    In the past when other politicians have darkened my door, it's been to ask for my vote. I spoke with them on the front porch, and let them know where I stood on the issues. After about 5 minutes, I shook their hand and told them I needed to get back to my children and other responsiblities. I just don't have enough time to invite strangers into my home for a chat.

If I didn't have anything going on, and was just hanging out in my living room, then sure, I'd invite him in. I wouldn't believe a word he said, and I'm sure he wouldn't really be listening to me either.

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    I think I'd be rather shocked to see the POTUS on my porch.
    I'd address him as Mr. President Sir or maybe just Mr. President as is customary.
    I would invite him in SS and all. I have nothing to hide nor am I ashamed of anything in my home.
    I would do these things just for the chance to talk to someone holding the office of POTUS.
    There are no teleprompters in my house and I would hope for open dialogue about things that concern me.
    I would ask if I could get him anything.
    I would also ask if I could pray with him before he left.
    I would thank him for stopping by and tell him he's welcome anytime.

I would have the chance to have a dialogue with the man holding the highest political and military position in our country regardless if I agree with him on anything or not just to have the chance for him to hear my point of view from me personally even if he's heard it a million times before and strongly disagrees. I'm going to take advantage of that and know I did more than just vote. I personally discussed my opinions with the POTUS.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Everyone is entitled to a basic level of civility, courtesy and respect. I may despise the man, but I would invite him in and take advantage of the opportunity to shake his hand on camera, pull my hand away at the last second and stroke my hair.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I'll offer up $100 and government gas mileage for all his haters to go to Obama and say to his face what they've said here.:rolleyes:

And yes, I would tell him to his face what I think of him. I do not believe in respecting the office. He has showed no respect for anyone who disagrees with him no matter what their official title is and neither has any of his underlings. I cannot respect someone who watches fellow Americans die and acts if nothing has happened. Respect is earned not given and that includes the POTUS!

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Everyone is entitled to a basic level of civility, courtesy and respect. I may despise the man, but I would invite him in and take advantage of the opportunity to shake his hand on camera, pull my hand away at the last second and stroke my hair.

:laugh: The media wouldn't put that on camera, it would get edited out.

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    I would be honored to have the President of the United States in my home, regardless of who happens to hold that title.

I would also politely give him my opinions on many matters on which we disagree.

And tell him, "I voted for the other guy."

I'd probably have to bind and gag the missus, though. You know... typical Tuesday night.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    N.W.I.
    As of this moment, I do not have a problem with President Obama.

He would be welcome in my home, and break bread.

Actually I would love to have him over and talk politics.

It would be fun and educational, for both of us.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Some of you people truly amaze me. You seem to think that you could invite one of the most committed ideologues in world history to come in, have a drink, talk about life, the universe, and everything, and believe that he would actually care what you have to say or be influenced by it. It simply doesn't work that way. You would have an easier time trying to persuade Billy Graham to bend the knee to Satan.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I'd show him the same respect he's shown me.

I don't see "Tell him to F off and slam the door in his face" as a poll choice though. :dunno:

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    It's still a chance

Some of you people truly amaze me. You seem to think that you could invite one of the most committed ideologues in world history to come in, have a drink, talk about life, the universe, and everything, and believe that he would actually care what you have to say or be influenced by it. It simply doesn't work that way. You would have an easier time trying to persuade Billy Graham to bend the knee to Satan.

I'm not expecting to change his viewpoints, agree with me, or even care.
    I acknowledge it probably would be easier to get Graham to swear allegiance to Satan but that doesn't matter. It's still a chance to talk to the POTUS. It's still a possibility to have my thoughts be heard by the person holding the highest office in the US.

Just "the opportunity" that we may discuss a topic, any topic, that we agree or disagree on is worth it to me. He can walk away from the convo without letting me speak, or if I did speak completely writing me off as crazy but it is still an opportunity to be heard. He may not listen but I can say I tried. I pitched my best point or at the very least I invited him in to attempt to give it my best pitch but he refuses to let me get a word in edgewise.

I pray daily for our political leaders. I don't pray they agree with me. I don't pray they change their viewpoints. The prayer is the same regardless of party affiliation. I pray for the safety of our political leaders. I pray that the Holy Spirit weigh heavily on their hearts. I ask God to guide them during difficult decisions that they may choose the path that is pleasing to Him.

I also pray that God use me for whatever purpose he sees fit. If I get the opportunity to do that in a discussion with the POTUS, I'm definitely going to take it. Regardless of who is POTUS the chance to change things for the better trumps the satisfaction of slamming the door in his face.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I'll offer up $100 and government gas mileage for all his haters to go to Obama and say to his face what they've said here.:rolleyes:

If you'll make the call to assure that I can get to see him, I'll be happy to give him a very clear, verbal "F. U."

In any event, asking the President to stay out doesn't come close to what I would infer.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I would tell him I am a "bitter clinger" and have no use for him and to get offf my lawn!

I have a certain sheriff that I have turned away from several times.

Top Bottom