If you worked downtown Indy...How/what would you carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Indianapolis is pretty big.

Some areas do get awfully "dodge city" like. When I was driving a dump truck and doing for for Habitat for humanity, one site was over on 21st and college.

The workers were complaining about getting shot at, and I was having various types come up to my truck and try to bum money. Would have been nice to carry then, but it's an awfully large offense to get caught packing in a commercial motor vehicle. And you don't really know where you'll be going on any given day, so it's better to not risk it since a lot of the people working in those areas are usually packing.

There is NO state or federal law that would rule out carrying in a CMV.

Here are the FMCSR rules. Nothing in them about carrying:

Rules & Regulations - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    My company has a "no weapons on company property" clause in the Code of Conduct. Doesn't specify what a weapon is so I'm already in :poop: if they want to push it for carrying my knife
    Your company probably wouldn't buy it, but, "My pistol is safety and/or emergency rescue equipment, not a weapon.".

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have no idea if my job has a no gun policy and to be honest, it wouldn't change what I do. I have a derringer in my pocket all of the time every single day. No one knows I am armed so no one can have a problem with it.

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    Seems like any small easily concealable firearm would work for you. The first rule of a gunfight is: Have a gun.
    Were I to work there, and in your situation, Id probably be in the market for a very small .380 or 9mm.
    I have a Glock 27, but I find it too large at times. Debating the LCP currently...

Top Bottom