• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Congrats.... welcome to the dark side !!! But beware it wont be your last Glock !!!

Just the 9mms: Ive added a G26 since and looking to trade a G19 for a G26.... Their very addictive !!!

P1010173_zps6873a4c0.jpg
    Ok...I'm scrolling down and thinking cool! I like the lights. Center glock is sharp...Then I see the bayonet.:laugh::)::laugh:. Is that in case it jams.:laugh::laugh::laugh:. I'm sorry. Couldn't help it. Really it's pretty cool. Curious...how do you CC? And when do you know it's time to "FIX BAYONET!":popcorn:

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Thanks fellas! Yea I cant wait to get it out to the range an get some rounds through it. I can see that Im going to have to invest in some sights for it. But other than that I like it so far. An yea Im sure it wont be the last, Id really like to have a G34 also:D.

Get one! makes a good shooter shoot like a great shooter!!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Do tell..what was the heck of a deal? I once sat next to a kid in a college class talked up my Glock-19 at the time, one afternoon he comes into class and says a co worker sold him a Glock-17 for $250 with five magazines..............then he says, I would have passed the deal onto you, but you talked so highly of the Glock 9mm, I decided to buy the pistol myself ! DOH!!!

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    ...An recommendations on sights...

Well, everyone has their personal preferences, of course.

IMO, for any EDC-type gun, night sights should be mandatory. Mine have Trijicon's, and IMO, they're impeccable.

My take on it: While a defensive situation COULD arise at any time, it's more likely that it will (unfortunately) happen in a low-light setting for the law-abiding citizen. Checking out that 'bump' at night in the house, leaving a restaurant or shopping (!!) with the lady, sitting in a theater watching the latest midnight show. Whatever.

Some might say there's a 'tactical disadvantage' to them, but I've found none. Even in almost total darkness, testing has shown night sights offer quick acquisition, and do not 'reflect' off eyeglass lenses, etc.

Add a flashlight or laser if you're so inclined. But if you're on a budget (as most folks are), night sights should be your FIRST 'upgrade' for ANY pistol you use for defensive purposes.

Hope this helps.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Do tell..what was the heck of a deal?

Sgreen was nice enough to let me fondle said Glock yesterday. It does appear to be unfired with the factory lube still in it. Very nice gen 3! Trigger on this on is pretty good as is. We talked about night sights and holsters. Sgreen did in fact get a heck of a deal! I won't spill the beans but he got a great gun for a fair price. This pistol should be perfect for him.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    A Glock is like an Estwing hammer....awfully hard to beat as a functional tool,but there are a LOT of things I would rather hold in my hand! Congrats on the new pistol though.It is a very sound investment.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Do tell..what was the heck of a deal? I once sat next to a kid in a college class talked up my Glock-19 at the time, one afternoon he comes into class and says a co worker sold him a Glock-17 for $250 with five magazines..............then he says, I would have passed the deal onto you, but you talked so highly of the Glock 9mm, I decided to buy the pistol myself ! DOH!!!

Not near as cheap as that, but I did ok on it. I traded my SD40VE with 4 mags for it. So Im pretty happy to say the least :D

Well, everyone has their personal preferences, of course.

IMO, for any EDC-type gun, night sights should be mandatory. Mine have Trijicon's, and IMO, they're impeccable.

My take on it: While a defensive situation COULD arise at any time, it's more likely that it will (unfortunately) happen in a low-light setting for the law-abiding citizen. Checking out that 'bump' at night in the house, leaving a restaurant or shopping (!!) with the lady, sitting in a theater watching the latest midnight show. Whatever.

Some might say there's a 'tactical disadvantage' to them, but I've found none. Even in almost total darkness, testing has shown night sights offer quick acquisition, and do not 'reflect' off eyeglass lenses, etc.

Add a flashlight or laser if you're so inclined. But if you're on a budget (as most folks are), night sights should be your FIRST 'upgrade' for ANY pistol you use for defensive purposes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info :yesway:

Sgreen was nice enough to let me fondle said Glock yesterday. It does appear to be unfired with the factory lube still in it. Very nice gen 3! Trigger on this on is pretty good as is. We talked about night sights and holsters. Sgreen did in fact get a heck of a deal! I won't spill the beans but he got a great gun for a fair price. This pistol should be perfect for him.

Im on the look out for a couple more factory 10 rounders and gonna get a holster probably tomorrow. Cant wait to get it to the range!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Get one! makes a good shooter shoot like a great shooter!!

Ha ha, yea Id really like to have one they are nice. That will probably be my next pistol purchase somewhere down the line.

Agreed. Welcome to the cool kids club Sgreen! G17 is a great handgun, I traded mine off sadly after I got my G34. I will get one again in the future, I don't need it really but what a fantastic piece! Congrats buddy!:rockwoot:
    Thanks Ford!

Top Bottom