• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I read the post with his 'infraction' and I don't see why he would have been flagged for any inappropriate misconduct.

Maybe I'm too liberal, he wasn't outwardly cursing or slamming anyone. :shrug:

Also, as a community we shouldn't be so quick to let members leave, things should be rectified as adults, after all we are a community of similar interests.

/rant

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Also, as a community we shouldn't be so quick to let members leave, things should be rectified as adults, after all we are a community of similar interests.

/rant

I think that's reflective of the collective arrogance on internet forums. But at the same time, if one does not like it here (or anywhere else), just leave. Perhaps voice one's concern to the owner/site administrator and be done with it. It's not hard to do. I do not understand the advertising of such intended actions. :dunno: Seems pity-party-ish to me.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I think that's reflective of the collective arrogance on internet forums. But at the same time, if one does not like it here (or anywhere else), just leave. Perhaps voice one's concern to the owner/site administrator and be done with it. It's not hard to do. I do not understand the advertising of such intended actions. :dunno: Seems pity-party-ish to me.

You make very valid points - that is the beautiful thing, anyone would be able to leave if they get upset. I personally like the community and I feel the site is maintained much better than other "Indiana gun communities" so I stick around.

I've received a infraction about something that's rather silly from a mod I personally know but I never got butthurt about it. Mods are there to enforce a particular quality of posts for the forum overall, after all you "accept" these terms as an agreement when you register.

Pity-party - YES but I still don't like to see the other members being such a-holes about someone leaving, it's simply not good for the community as a whole, especially if the trend picks up.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Personally I'm not a PC person, Bill said what was/is on his mind and panties were about to get wadded. So What?

That being said, contrary to what some people believe this IS NOT a public forum. It is privately run/moderated/funded and those that provide this service have certain rules. If I don't like the rules I go find another playground, but you can't PAY for this kind of entertainment at work!!

I agree with Billt, I also understand rules.

The shame of it is that sooner or later you'll have 10,000 members that all think alike.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    SNIP The shame of it is that sooner or later you'll have 10,000 members that all think alike.

dance.gif
    <--- A "Sheeple"

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Pity-party - YES but I still don't like to see the other members being such a-holes about someone leaving, it's simply not good for the community as a whole, especially if the trend picks up.

Because posts joining in on the dogpile are WAAAAAYYY more productive than the original "good bye" post.

Plus then you get to feel like one of the "cool kids"

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    They are without question the most pathetic people on this planet. No wonder they are all rioting and shooting at each other, and their armies and air forces are attacking their own people. Tell me, if we woke up tomorrow and all of the muslims had gone and killed each other off, and none existed, how would we suffer?

In case there was any confusion. He was promoting genocide and racism. I don't see how some people can support this, but it doesn't really seem to matter.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I don't understand these types of threads. There are 14,000 members here, I don't think too many notice one missing. I know nobody would miss me, or notice.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Okay everyone, I'm going to be logged off INGO for a little while so that I can go eat lunch. I've made this decision due to an ongoing battle with hunger I've been having the past few minutes. I've enjoyed my time here on INGO, but I think at this time I need to leave for a little while to have a sandwich. I was going to create another thread about it, but I'm not quite THAT obnoxious. Good bye, and good luck.

Top Bottom