IMPD proposes the hiring of 80 more police officers...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    So when is a good time to bash LE on INGO?

Seriously, there is a great man who gave his life last night. He left behind a wife, and two children. Public safety is a very tight community and in that regard he left behind thousands of brothers here in Indianapolis. You have several people asking you very politely to save the conversation for a later date. I will ask again. If you want to have this conversation, bring it up after we bury him.

Line of duty deaths like these serve as a stark reminder of how dangerous our proffesions can be. LE more so than Fire. And when we loose someone in the line of duty it strikes a certain cord. ESP if we are on duty and away from our families when it happened. I personally have only spent two nights at home this week, and have 18 more hours before I can go home and hug my wife and son. Let the community grieve for a while, THEN we will have the discussion you want to have.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Seriously, there is a great man who gave his life last night. He left behind a wife, and two children. Public safety is a very tight community and in that regard he left behind thousands of brothers here in Indianapolis. You have several people asking you very politely to save the conversation for a later date. I will ask again. If you want to have this conversation, bring it up after we bury him.

Line of duty deaths like these serve as a stark reminder of how dangerous our proffesions can be. LE more so than Fire. And when we loose someone in the line of duty it strikes a certain cord. ESP if we are on duty and away from our families when it happened. I personally have only spent two nights at home this week, and have 18 more hours before I can go home and hug my wife and son. Let the community grieve for a while, THEN we will have the discussion you want to have.

Not just in Indianapolis but all around the country Brothers and Sisters are mourning IMPD's loss this morning.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You missed the fact that IMPD lost one of their brothers last night, and now is not the time to be bashing their profession out of respect.

I didn't miss that fact and it's horrible but this thread was about the efficacy of hiring more police until someone interjected the news about the fallen officer i'm sure that nobody would be so heartless as to applaud this death if that was what the warning was about??

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I didn't miss that fact and it's horrible but this thread was about the efficacy of hiring more police until someone interjected the news about the fallen officer i'm sure that nobody would be so heartless as to applaud this death if that was what the warning was about??

This thread had turned from hiring more officers to the NEED for ANY officers well before the LODD. The warning was posted about where THAT conversation would no doubt end up going.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom