IMPD proposes the hiring of 80 more police officers...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    How long are the " normal " shifts IMPD works ?

I ask because I'm noticing more officers working their off duty time ( I'm assuming based on the way they were dressed ) at various places around town .

Seen some guys today posted outside an Indy gas station , they said the station payed for them to be there .

I left thinking , damn is this neighborhood that bad they need cops posted outside ?

There is talk of us going to 10 hour shifts, but it hasn't happened yet. Most officers, like me, work part-time gigs to supplement their income. IMPD officers make decent money, but my wife doesn't work and we like to have a little spending money.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    But in reality all you can do is react and "show up after the fact" to take the report and conduct an investigation.

Best wishes and good evening.

In many instances, that's true. However those investigations often lead to an arrest and conviction, preventing future crime. Robbers, for example, seldom do one and retire. They continue to rob until they are caught.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    This thread should be treaded upon lightly.

I went back and reread the thread, what did I miss to support such a thinly veiled threat? So some guy doesn't think we need more police? When a drill sergeant starts to get out of hand we tell him he has a phone call he needs to take, maybe you need to let a more objective moderator "police" these threads as perhaps you have a little bit of conflict of interest. I don't know if you need more officers or not but go to any workplace and people are going to think they need more help than they currrently have. On the trail we always complained we need more DS's per platoon but we still got the job done so did we really "need" them or would it just have made things a lot easier?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I went back and reread the thread, what did I miss to support such a thinly veiled threat? So some guy doesn't think we need more police? When a drill sergeant starts to get out of hand we tell him he has a phone call he needs to take, maybe you need to let a more objective moderator "police" these threads as perhaps you have a little bit of conflict of interest. I don't know if you need more officers or not but go to any workplace and people are going to think they need more help than they currrently have. On the trail we always complained we need more DS's per platoon but we still got the job done so did we really "need" them or would it just have made things a lot easier?
    You're not new here. You know how things escalate instantly here. The warning was for those that would use the post in question as a spring board.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I agree. The mods realize that this is a very emotionally charged thread (rightfully so) and they're trying to head off any potential issues before it starts. Good idea. My prayers to the friends and family of the fallen. Does anyone have a link as to what happened?

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    I think if they imposed harsher penalties on violent criminals, an additional 80 IMPD officers would make a difference. No amount of police will be effective if the judicial system continues to slap violent criminals on the wrist and returns them to the streets.

MPH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    <~NOT a 'Baker' unit

I think it's awesome that a police officer who helped create this blog does very little, if any censoring of threads that denigrate LEOS, tactics, etc.
    Not that I think your post here does that, but hey, if you don't like the 'objectivity' of said officer or thinks he has a 'conflict of interest', then create your own blog. Be Happy. Life is too short and can end in a second.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Denny nailed the reason for the warning post.
    I may be emotionally connected to the events/issue but I will not allow this thread to devolve into using a tragedy to further anyone's agenda.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    At times like these words seem so meaningless ... My prayers that the families and loved ones find comfort, peace and strength from their God, Families and Friends.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom