• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    So I am in a small pickle There is some money in my pocket that i very much want to spend on some guns.

My problem is nothing is jumping out and saying buy me for around the 1.5k mark or less.

I dont believe in having anything that is a safe queen. I like to shoot what i own. I believe that is what they were made for after all.

Everything i see i am like meh, or nah or there is no way i would pay that for that hideous gun.

I might need to see a shrink, i feel there is something wrong with me that cash in hand and nothing is saying buy me..

But what is currently a great deal that maybe if i ever have kids they would actually want me to leave to them?

Thanks

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    ok, kygunco has s&w 625 performance center (.45 acp revolver uses moonclips) for about $800.
    That's my vote.
    Should certainly last and can be passed down.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    10 HiPoints? One of them is sure to last.

I did fondle a new Tommy Gun at my LGS a few weeks ago. I really liked it. It was about 1k.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    I am not sure anyone wants to be willed a highpoint hahaha
    Thanks for the suggestions i will look into them.
    I havent really kept up on whats new in the past 2 years.
    Tommy gun sounds fun. I will have to look at that as well.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    It's made by Auto Ordnance/Kahr. Fires from a closed bolt. There are 2 models. The more expensive model can accept a drum. The other is strictly a stick mag version.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Cot ARs are very cheap at the moment. Those will be a hand me down gun. Ammo is cheap for them as well. And if you don't like it, you can sell it for 0 loss with how unbelievably cheap they are right now.

Spend the rest on ammo and training.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    :rofl:

With all the CZ variants you will be happy for years to come.

I am actually in the same "Pickle"
    I have what I want in the safe but want something new. Nothing is catching my eye right now......Nada.
    You answered your own question. You're just too damn stubborn to realize it. :laugh:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm waiting to hear back on an early morning deal on an old 12 gauge semi-auto. I don't "need" it, but there it was in the classifieds last night and well... you all know the rest. :):

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Are you up on your firearms training? Having hardware is all well and good, but improving your own skills/knowledge is at least as valuable. Defensive pistol, force-on-force, Indiana firearms law, low-light scenarios, etc.

Edit: A quality safe is another option.

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Are you up on your firearms training? Having hardware is all well and good, but improving your own skills/knowledge is at least as valuable. Defensive pistol, force-on-force, Indiana firearms law, low-light scenarios, etc.

^^^This. If you don't believe in safe queens, then buy ammo and training. It is better to own just one gun and be really good with it. Mind you, this is not what I do, but I don't mind safe queens and I keep practicing with the same few guns. It makes more sense to me than worrying about whether everything gets shot. Just my :twocents:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would just sit on it for now. You know what will happen. If you buy something you really don't want, as soon as that money is gone you will suddenly decide you HAVE to have something. Then you will be kicking yourself (been there done that). Personally right now, I think with the prices coming down on some of the AKs, it is a good time to put a couple away.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    You want something that can be passed down possibly? Correct M1 Garand.....They're not making anymore of them. I've got a '43 service grade Springfield Armory that I've had for over a year and only shot it once. I'll never sell it, I'll pass it on to my son

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Yeah OP just sit on the cash and save up a bit. I am in a similar position as you. I have developed a certain taste in firearms and not much really peaks my interest.

A list of a few things that have caught my eye:

1) Wilson CQB - Do I really have to explain.
    2) Springfield TRP - Because The Mouse says I need one.
    3) Walther PPQ 5" - Very seldom does a gun impress me but this one did.
    4) XDs 4" 9mm - The concept intrigues me.
    5) Scout Rifle in .223, something similar to the Ruger Scout Rifle
    5) Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 for my son. - Actually I will probably cave on this one when the wife isn't looking. :D

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    I would just sit on it for now. You know what will happen. If you buy something you really don't want, as soon as that money is gone you will suddenly decide you HAVE to have something. Then you will be kicking yourself (been there done that). Personally right now, I think with the prices coming down on some of the AKs, it is a good time to put a couple away.

I think you are right. I might just sit on it for now. I don't want to kick myself the moment I buy something in this price point and something come along that I really catches my eye, and then be Well s***

Top Bottom