• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    Must meet this criteria:

9mm, good carry weapon(minimum printing), fun at range, reliable, accurate, and overall feel and looks? Who is your winner?

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    After carrying several 9mm weapons in an IWB holster over the past few years, I finally found my personal favorite, a Sig Sauer P239 SAS Gen 2.

It feels a little heavy in the hand but not in the holster. It will shoot holes inside of holes near and far. Virtually ZERO felt recoil and I carry +P rounds. 8 + 1 and 2 spare mags that I can change fast, so there is no debate on rounds available. VERY confident in this gun!

LOVE ALL my Sigs!

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I really like my Ruger SR9c. Smallish, relatively inexpensive. I've read that it is very reliable and accurate. I've experience the reliability so far. The accuracy, meh. But I attribute that to me rather than the gun. I do believe it meets all of your criteria.

Good luck in your search!

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I love my browning hi-power. Holds 14, has adjustable sights, fun to shoot. Its a full size pistol though.

Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    I really like my Ruger SR9c. Smallish, relatively inexpensive. I've read that it is very reliable and accurate. I've experience the reliability so far. The accuracy, meh. But I attribute that to me rather than the gun. I do believe it meets all of your criteria.

Good luck in your search!
    I have also heard good things about the SR9C. So are you a better shot with another handgun?

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Well, I joked about it, but really, there is no single "best" 9mm; there is only the best gun for ME, given my own requirements and preferences.

The Glock 19 is one that fits a LOT of people's requirements. It doesn't look terrible, but it isn't a particularly pretty weapon. Tough to beat its reliability, though. Accuracy is fine if you train with it. Printing isn't bad if you dress appropriately*.

The most comfortable in my hands is either my S&W M&P or my Sig. Those are probably the easiest on the eyes, too.

Myself, I carry a Springfield XD because it has several features that others don't have, and I like having those features more than I like the features the others have.

Any of 'em can be CC'd, are fun and reliable to shoot, and accurate with training, though.

* Remember Bob Boatman's admonishment that our wardrobe must be dictated by what we carry, not vice versa: "Carrying a loaded gun with the ability and will to use it is not a casual fling meant to bring some excitement into your boring life. It is an all-embracing lifestyle and must take precedence over your respect for law, your fear of social criticism, your love of humanity, your wardrobe and your drinking habits." (Source: The Constitutional Right and Obligation to Carry A Gun)

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Oh, I forgot to include single stack magazine in the criteria! Does that throw you for a loop?

It does!

The Sig P6 would probably be a good contender in that category. Never understood, though, why they'd want a service pistol that size restricted to a single stack magazine. :dunno: But it sure feels nice in the hand, and it does have that sexy look Sigs have.

The Taurus PT709 is a smaller option, making it not as easy to shoot but easier to conceal. It's been pretty reliable. I like its second-strike option. When you're carrying so few rounds in a mag, it doesn't hurt to hit the same striker twice before you discard the round.

Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    Well, I joked about it, but really, there is no single "best" 9mm; there is only the best gun for ME, given my own requirements and preferences.

The Glock 19 is one that fits a LOT of people's requirements. It doesn't look terrible, but it isn't a particularly pretty weapon. Tough to beat its reliability, though. Accuracy is fine if you train with it. Printing isn't bad if you dress appropriately*.

The most comfortable in my hands is either my S&W M&P or my Sig. Those are probably the easiest on the eyes, too.

Myself, I carry a Springfield XD because it has several features that others don't have, and I like having those features more than I like the features the others have.

Any of 'em can be CC'd, are fun and reliable to shoot, and accurate with training, though.

* Remember Bob Boatman's admonishment that our wardrobe must be dictated by what we carry, not vice versa: "Carrying a loaded gun with the ability and will to use it is not a casual fling meant to bring some excitement into your boring life. It is an all-embracing lifestyle and must take precedence over your respect for law, your fear of social criticism, your love of humanity, your wardrobe and your drinking habits." (Source: The Constitutional Right and Obligation to Carry A Gun)
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I understand everyone will have a different opinion. But we love guns and we love to debate. Why do you think that pistol is the best based on my random criteria? Can anyone be swayed to a new 9mm? We shall see.....

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I have also heard good things about the SR9C. So are you a better shot with another handgun?

No! I'm just a beginner who needs to spend time at the range. Please don't take anything I said as a slam on the SR9c. I did a great deal of research on it before I bought it. I've put less than 200 rounds through it. I have a LOT to learn!

Forgot to mention how much I like the fact that it has 10 and 17 rnd mags. They aren't single stack but the gun feels REALLY good in my hand. I handled several Glocks and Springfield XDs before choosing the Ruger.

Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    It does!

The Sig P6 would probably be a good contender in that category. Never understood, though, why they'd want a service pistol that size restricted to a single stack magazine. :dunno: But it sure feels nice in the hand, and it does have that sexy look Sigs have.

The Taurus PT709 is a smaller option, making it not as easy to shoot but easier to conceal. It's been pretty reliable. I like its second-strike option. When you're carrying so few rounds in a mag, it doesn't hurt to hit the same striker twice before you discard the round.
    Sig P6, hmm looking into that one now...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom