Indiana Black Expo, what are you doing to get ready?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I live about 6 blocks from it. If you go try to go during the week and early in the day, Nights and weekends can get, uh, rough. The surrounding neighborhood has been going down hill and the thugs prey on Fair goers in and around the parking areas.

In my observation the State fair has gone DOWN HILL, major time:noway:. But we also went on some "cheap" day, so that might explain the added influx.

I went to the Terre Haute fair, and was very pleased.

I saw this one girl arguing with a LEO "I dont have to take my dog anywhere", the cop was just as nice as could be.

As for neighborhood is concerned. I've heard stories... Former boss, who lived in the area, his girlfriend was attacked, and nearly raped.

And threatened with "Im coming back to get you."

Unfortunately she was already a victim, and that threw her into panic attacks.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    The last time I went there in the midway area where they play the music, I had to push through the crowds of dancing hooligans so we could get throuh. One young gentleman was dancing so hard a chrome desert eagle fell out of his baggy gym pants. Have yet to take the kids back through that crap...

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Found out my IMPD neighbor was working the area when the shootings happend haha. Also noticed that the IMPD officer that lives next to my parents house has a Beech Grove Firearms sitcker on his truck!

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    burnouts on the street are stupid :dunno: :D

He and two other neigbors were drinking haha.... and I tried to do one but did not trun traction control off and did not set the parking brake haha..... so at best it was excessive acceleration haha.

Coming home from work Saturday I got stuck behined some guys with big "dubs"...... they were all from IL and think it is cool to go slow on the highway and make frequent lane changes...... one guy that it was cool to swere in the same lane...... and I am sure he would say the police was harrasing him if he was pulled over for suspected drunk driving........

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Back to topic - For a change, Matthew Tullys editorial on the subject in the Indianapolis Star today (7/21/10) started off good until his liberal side kicked in at the end and he HAD to take a swipe at the NRA.

It's time to talk about problems linked to Expo
    Posted: July 21, 2010 Matthew Tully on IndyStar.com

Let's be honest.

If the shootings that occurred Downtown last weekend had been tied to the Indiana Plumbers Expo, or one of a thousand other conventions, the follow-up discussion wouldn't be so difficult.
    We all respect plumbers, of course. But if their annual convention required hundreds of city cops patrolling our compact Downtown on a Saturday evening, and if shootings and fights and other incidents outside the convention had become all too common, we would question whether the plumbers expo was worth the trouble.

But we're talking instead about Indiana Black Expo and its annual Summer Celebration. So any discussion about the monumental problems tied to it gets bogged down in the treacherous issue of race.
    It's a hard issue to discuss. I've ticked off an endless stream of readers during five years of writing columns about all sorts of issues, but even I got queasy at the idea of diving into this one.
    It doesn't help that moronic and simplistic racists thrive on this kind of thing. They turn anonymous online forums into a 21st century version of KKK meetings and make it even harder to have an adult conversation.
    That said, we can't let the delicate nature of this subject, or the words of a few racists, prevent us from finally having an honest, and perhaps painful, discussion about the ongoing problems related to Black Expo. Fear of having a blunt conversation, and fear of being labeled a racist, likely has prevented the city from adequately addressing this ongoing problem before now. And so we are subjected to national headlines about the 10 young people shot in the very Downtown that Indy's leaders so often point to as the thing that makes this city special.
    Tuesday morning, leaders from Black Expo, the city and several black churches called the media to the Downtown Artsgarden to talk about the future. They announced a plan to create a task force to see what could be done to prevent problems like last weekend's.
    I walked away disappointed, feeling that the fear of hurting Black Expo was getting in the way of a meaningful conversation. Everyone wanted to separate the violence from the Expo. Or convince people that the shootings were an aberration. Or broaden the problem to include other big Downtown events.
    None of it made sense.
    "This was the first time in 40 years that something of this magnitude has taken place," the Rev. Charles Ellis said.
    That's true. But it doesn't make it better. You'd be hard-pressed to find anything of this magnitude that has happened in the history of the city's conventions. And major problems during Expo's final weekend are not new.

Black Expo President Tanya Bell seemed defensive when a reporter asked whether the event was a magnet for troublemakers.
    "It's a magnet for educators and administrators," she said. "It's a magnet for a lot of positive things."
    There's no doubt about that. Black Expo has a wonderful history and is filled each year with important seminars and health screenings and speeches. But to act like the average person doesn't associate Black Expo with public safety problems is naive.
    We have to ask whether the current Expo leadership is up to addressing the problem. We have to be willing to acknowledge that these types of problems have not been associated with other conventions. We have to ask about the expense to taxpayers of securing the event. And we have to ask why this city buckles in fear of offending the National Rifle Association, so much so that it has refused to aggressively tackle the deadly issue of illegally possessed guns.
    In a statement after the shootings, the mayor insisted the gunfire did not reflect on Indianapolis. That's like a man saying his affair does not reflect on his marriage.
    Incidents such as this one define cities. That's why this city has to be willing to have an honest conversation.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    bogged down in the treacherous issue of race.
    It's a hard issue to discuss.

this guy is a moron, just like everyone else who handles the race issue like its a priceless fragile painting. the only way we will fix this BS issue is buy getting our hands dirty. some people might get offended, SO FREAKING WHAT!! I get offended when people shoot at me! Say it the way it is. Take the politics out of the race issue.

anytime you tie the word "black" to about any event, theres always gonna be criminal behavior almost certain. why is that?? i think thats what we need to dive in and discuss. and without any of that "financialy and educationaly deprived youth trying to reach out in the only way they know how" CRAP!!!! If people (any race) TRUELY dont know right from wrong, Then you deserve to be beat! theres no hope for your retarded ass!
    These Black criminals and white criminals, and mexican criminals, that are "poor underpriveledged" bottom feeders of society, KNOW THEY ARE DOING WRONG!!!!! if they did'nt they would'nt run from the police after they do it!!!!

The black race is brought up to resist being held down by anyone. and if they are offended or made to look inferior in any way, mommy (usualy no daddy) & culture teaches them to puff out their chest and be a thug and avenge their (lack of) honor and fight, shoot, steal, or whatever it takes. they are taught this crap!

i was raised that if you trash talk me, im gonna let you know I dont appreciate it. then im probly gonna ignore you because your not worth my time. if you hit me, then im gonna hit you back harder. but im not even gonna think about shooting you or stabbing you. nor am i gonna hold up my fake gold chain or throw fake dollar bills at you that i just printed at the library, or do a drive by on you with my new stollen hooptie rust bucket that i threw 22's on, with a stolen radio system that rattles the bolts out.

call me a racist, see if i care anymore!!! Im done living in fear because little brat thugs are ILLEGALY running around with guns as their fix all solution because they speak ebonics rather than english and have a grudge against anyone that looks at them sideways or strait.

im legal mo fo's! pull your illegal gun on me and see what kind of spanking this mack daddy gives you!

Last edited:

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And we have to ask why this city buckles in fear of offending the National Rifle Association, so much so that it has refused to aggressively tackle the deadly issue of illegally possessed guns.

So, what does the NRA have to do with thugs obtaining illegal handguns? There are many laws on the books for this very problem. One more isn't going to magically take these guns out of the hands of thugs with no respect for themselves, their fellow man, or life itself.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    And we have to ask why this city buckles in fear of offending the National Rifle Association, so much so that it has refused to aggressively tackle the deadly issue of illegally possessed guns.

So, what does the NRA have to do with thugs obtaining illegal handguns? There are many laws on the books for this very problem. One more isn't going to magically take these guns out of the hands of thugs with no respect for themselves, their fellow man, or life itself.

this was just the authors childish attempt to take the focus off the race issue he just brought up, and take the blame off the poor defensless thugs. its the EVIL GUNS fault, lol

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Ummm, isn't the NRA still pushing Project Exile?:rolleyes:

My civil rights are not responsible for the thuggery of a few nihilistic mopes.

You want to have your white guilt about the blood on the street of yet another IBE, Mr. Tully? Fine, go right ahead and feel guilty and wring your hands as the police hose the blood off yet another Indianapolis sidewalk.

However, my civil rights did not hurt those people. What hurt those people is your product, the hundreds of Shamus Pattons that will be out on the street next weekend. Hundreds of manchildren without fathers, without guidance, without discipline. Raised by women and a govenment check they lash out at their father-longing, not knowing why they are so angry or so destructive only to tell me (years later sometimes) through the chickenwire reinforced glass that they wish they knew their fathers.

The product of the Welfare State which feeds on nihilism and digests out raw violence and human misery. That product is a fruit of your labors, Mr. Tully.

Those shootings are on you and your side, not me and not my rights.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Ummm, isn't the NRA still pushing Project Exile?:rolleyes:

My civil rights are not responsible for the thuggery of a few nihilistic mopes.

You want to have your white guilt about the blood on the street of yet another IBE, Mr. Tully? Fine, go right ahead and feel guilty and wring your hands as the police hose the blood off yet another Indianapolis sidewalk.

However, my civil rights did not hurt those people. What hurt those people is your product, the hundreds of Shamus Pattons that will be out on the street next weekend. Hundreds of manchildren without fathers, without guidance, without discipline. Raised by women and a govenment check they lash out at their father-longing, not knowing why they are so angry or so destructive only to tell me (years later sometimes) through the chickenwire reinforced glass that they wish they knew their fathers.

The product of the Welfare State which feeds on nihilism and digests out raw violence and human misery. That product is a fruit of your labors, Mr. Tully.

Those shootings are on you and your side, not me and not my rights.

I wish I could rep this.

Someone please get him for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom