• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    HB 1159 is a sloppy bill…Lucus is lazy. Now are chance is WIPEd out!! Too many people so drunk on wanting constitutional carry that you could not see how sloppy the bill is. You drunk people have caused us sensible people to miss our possibly one good shot to have constitutional carry. If Trump does not do well, the democrats are going to pick up a lot of seats in 2018. We don’t have time to dick around.

I really think this is a troll-post, someone just stirring the pot. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if this member never gets off five posts.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Jacke be gone. Statement not command, I know it is hard to tell.

Join, Jan 2017, 5 posts, 3 don't show in his activity.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    Like, I can almost picture Lucus (sic) sitting in front of an old WordPerfect terminal with the mechanical keyboard (man, I kinda miss those clickety-clicks)...
    Me, too. Many years ago, I found a guy at a hamfest selling gen-you-wine IBM keyboards out of a pallet-sized crate. I bought four of them. At that time, I had a nasty habit of pounding my fists on the keyboard when I got frustrated with the things I was reading on-line. I couldn't break those IBM keyboards. And, they were great for touch typists because the tactile feedback was like the reset on a good trigger. Times changed, I calmed down a lot, and those IBM keyboards are gone.

And, I loved WordPerfect. I once found an anomaly in the spell check routine. I called it into WP customer support and they fixed it in the next monthly release.

As for Lucas, he's getting raked over the coals right now for his support of the gas tax increase. Republicans pushing for higher taxes and Democrats fighting it? That's crazy talk...for another forum. He probably appreciates that the CC thing has been tabled for now so he can concentrate on the hundred and one other issues that his constituents bug him about.

Dude, that ****'s for whippersnappers. You're not a real wordsmith unless you've logged time behind a Wang terminal.
    Does WordStar on an Osborne 1 count? How about Multimate? Wasn't Multimate kind of a Wang clone?

Raoul Duke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2017
    Fishers
    Has anyone read the book "Infringed" by Alexandria Kincaid? It is a book regarding second amendment rights and gun laws, state by state. Was wondering if it is worth buying.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I know we're getting kind of off topic here, but did you end up with really light strikes on your "a" and "l" letters (asks the guy who learned typing in HS in 1978)?

Using a martial arts finger strike pad helped firm those up a lot. You did have to be mindful of them though. I wrote my first computer program circa '72, seems like yesterday, call the computer on a rotary phone...plug the hand set into the cradle...screaming 1300 baud modems...just yesterday.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I miss my grandma's typewriter. I used to write stories on it when I was a kid. Olivetti Studio 45. Kind of a pea-green soup color. Weighed a ton.

They had to be heavy as hard as it was to type on them.....:)

There was a black (forgotten the brand) one in my Gramma's basement we used to play with.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Yeah...they got a nasty unfollow email from me. Nisley, NAGR, and Hoosier Carry all need to go down in flames after this stunt.

I just had the opportunity to read the email. This is one of the nastiest things I have ever seen (in a legislative context) from someone who should be on the same side.

Two notable things: Publishing Jim Lucas' cell number (repeatedly), and a beg for $$$$$.

I didn't have to unfollow, fortunately, as it wasn't addressed to me.

Last edited:

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    Why the hell is this so hard?
    Because the voters have an opinion and they expect their opinion to be heard. Sometimes, listening to those alternate opinions changes things. Sometimes, listening to those alternate opinions just delays things. It sounds like Rep. Lucas is on the right path and has the determination to get the job done. As long as the Republicans have a majority in the Statehouse, there's a chance he'll get the job done.

Unfortunately, having LE groups come out against CC throws a dud round into the magazine. This puts the legislators between a rock and a hard place. Do they support CC or do they support LE? Do they want to stand in front of their constituents during the next election cycle and say "yes, I voted against the wishes of the law enforcement community". I suspect that every state legislator who was thinking of voting for CC found themselves weighing how many votes they'd lose in the next election from either the CC folks or the LE folks.

As much as we might like the idea of CC, this is not a popular issue with many people in this state. It sounds like Rep. Lucas and Speaker Bosma understand that more time is needed to educate folks and put together a bill that everyone or, at least, a majority, can get behind.

Top Bottom