• ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    1. Yes

2. Yeah, we'll never know the true story as much as it is heartbreaking for some of the concerned individuals of INGO.

3. The location of the dashcam ultimately determines video quality in addition to angle of video (if it is going to be an angle that gets a good frontal image, it needs to be mounted facing forward, i.e. on the dash).

:n00b:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    This guy was punished for video taping a cop who didn't like it, plain and simple. There is not a darn thing wrong with video taping a cop in public.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    I stated it was hypocritical for AJ to believe it was okay to tape LEOs but not be willing to be taped. I, have not made any hypocritical statement. I merely stated why dashcams are there. I presented my statement in a manner that was balanced, prior to making any arguments that could be construed as "biased. Maybe you should read through all the posts Ive made before gettin involved, guy.
    i have read enough of your posts to see where you stand on issues like this. how many cops have been arrested for taping us? how many of us have been arrested for taping them? seem fair to you?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Since we're guessing I'm going to guess that the photog told the officer he was going to kick his *ss, kill his family and burn his house down. And that the officer's response was incredibly, remarkably restrained and the citizen was totally in the wrong. That would justify an arrest in this case.

I've already lived in a totalitarian country where the police do this kind of stuff with impunity. If it comes to that here, things will go very badly. And I'm not writing that in purple.:patriot:

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    And the judge is calling for the chains.:laugh:

Unbelievable what they will prosecute and then tell us "how jammed the courts are.":rolleyes:
    is this the same judge that ruled the 4th is no good anymore? if not they both must be on the same payroll other than the money they bleed from taxpayers.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    My opinion is:

The guy with the camera was a dumbass.

The cop was confusing AND a jerk.

This goes back to something I was talking to Lonnie about, cops can't back down once they make contact with someone and that is usually where the mistakes happen.

This guy seemed to me to be a safe distance away, I cannot tell from the video if it was 150' or not but he wasn't in the way. The cop came over and the guy was being a push over, then admitting he doesn't know Indiana law. Bad move.

I couldn't hear after that very well but the cop just seemed to flip out for nothing which seems like he was waiting for an opportunity to do just that. Sounds awfully familiar...

Anyway an arrest was COMPLETELY over the top for this situation, there was no reason for the cop to say anything besides "Sir please step back to at least 150' to allow us to do our work and you can continue to film."

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    A prudent person would (in theory) say "Hey, looks like an accident occurred, maybe I should go about my way and not videotape the scene of an accident; more importantly, maybe I shouldnt videotape officials engaged in their duties pertaining to said accident". I could understand somebody attempting to take a picture of the scene if it was gnarly, mostly because people are fascinated by things of a morbid nature; I think if he was dumb enough to stand around and video tape the incident before the cop got to him, that he should be tried for the offense or given the option to pay a fine for breaking the statute.

Cant say I feel bad for the guy, cause he implanted himself into the situation.

So, would this be the unpublished "Behavior Theory of Prudent Persons according to newtothis?"

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    i have read enough of your posts to see where you stand on issues like this. how many cops have been arrested for taping us? how many of us have been arrested for taping them? seem fair to you?

2 Questions : were individuals recorded with Iphones or cell phones? Were the police engaged in their duties as LEOs when the recording occurred?

Totality of the circumstances.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    When your rubuttal includes misinformed opinions of one of my friends' character then I will defend his character. I am on my computer now so I can watch the tape, be back in a few minutes.

Misinformed opinions.... Come on Frost... Get ******. Get steamed. All youre doin is opening up yourself to be trolled, last time I checked they like Titanium_Frosted Flakes.

I think he is a big boy, and if im not mistaken, he can defend his own honor and character.

Last edited by a moderator:

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Your statement is flawed. Dashcams are attached in the interior, not exterior. Also, I have yet to see any general patrol vehicles with exterior mounted cameras. All-weather cameras are big bucks and are mounted on specific vehicles, not regular patrol vehicles. Youve seen too many bad movies/ youtube clips.
    Many cops in Indiana have been issued small video cameras that they wear on their person.

You haven't made a cogent point on this thread yet.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    2 Questions : were individuals recorded with Iphones or cell phones? Were the police engaged in their duties as LEOs when the recording occurred?

Totality of the circumstances.
    your opinions are getting stranger all the time. shouldnt you be occupying wall street?

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Many cops in Indiana have been issued small video cameras that they wear on their person.

You haven't made a cogent point on this thread yet.

Cogent, an adjective meaning effective. Nice word choice.

Some have been, but I havent seen any on metro indy cops. So, Im not gonna rule it out, but say its not applicable due to the limited use in MSG 2.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Cute, but ignorant in the язиk.

"приди и возьми" should say "приди cюдa и возьми", but nice try; it just doesn't work пo Pycckий язиk.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    your opinions are getting stranger all the time. shouldnt you be occupying wall street?

naw. Ive got more common sense and didnt have mommy and daddy pay my way into an expensive school just to whine about how money is wrong and how I cant get a job with an "arts" degree or general studies degree.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    From where I sit, looks like we are just feeding a troll in newtothis.

Most of his augments make little sense and I believe he wants/needs the attention or likes to see himself in print.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    From where I sit, looks like we are just feeding a troll in newtothis.

Most of his augments make little sense and I believe he wants/needs the attention or likes to see himself in print.
    i think hes typing all this from his tent in new york

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Cogent, an adjective meaning effective. Nice word choice.

Some have been, but I havent seen any on metro indy cops. So, Im not gonna rule it out, but say its not applicable due to the limited use in MSG 2.

You could be the perfect poster-child for a new anti-drinking & typing campaign.

You should step away from the booze or the keyboard. Please do only one of these at a time.

Top Bottom