• ...and so much more!
  • misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Didn't he know about NY tough gun laws:dunno::dunno:

Apparently not, in the article ( while brief ) he said "but I have a permit in my home state".

I was actually thinking about this the other day, not many people are aware they can't carry in other states, they think they have a "permit" and they're golden no matter where they go.

It's sad to see otherwise law-abiding citizens turn into criminals simply for exercising their 2A rights.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Apparently not, in the article ( while brief ) he said "but I have a permit in my home state".

I was actually thinking about this the other day, not many people are aware they can't carry in other states, they think they have a "permit" and they're golden no matter where they go.

It's sad to see otherwise law-abiding citizens turn into criminals simply for exercising their 2A rights.

Sad that he'll end up in jail, for wanting to protect himself a human intstincts:(

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana

I agree, and unfortunately, I am guessing that he will lose his right to carry in Indiana if/when he is convicted of an illegal weapons charge in NY. While I think this whole thing is stupid, and I do feel sorry for him, he really has no one to blame but himself. Laws are what they are and it's our responsibility to know the laws that effect us. Since I travel to other states, I've been researching the laws in those states just so I'm not putting myself at risk like this. I strongly encourage everyone to do the same!

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I agree, and unfortunately, I am guessing that he will lose his right to carry in Indiana if/when he is convicted of an illegal weapons charge in NY. While I think this whole thing is stupid, and I do feel sorry for him, he really has no one to blame but himself. Laws are what they are and it's our responsibility to know the laws that effect us. Since I travel to other states, I've been researching the laws in those states just so I'm not putting myself at risk like this. I strongly encourage everyone to do the same!

EXACTLY!

Well said, my friend!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Security Guard #1: "Is your home state Texas?"

Gun Packer: "No, Indiana."

Security Guard #2: "Well, according to Kirk's First Law of the Internet if you had a Texas CHL then you can carry here but since you are from Indiana then you have to follow New York law."

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It is too bad that 50 state law for firearm licenses holders didn't pass a while back. Funny that people complain that driving is a privilege yet all 50 states and many foreign countries recognize your state issued drivers license, but the federal right to keep and bear arms is not recognized!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Carry into the Empire State Bldg...big nono. They have private security and do not allow even off-duty LEO's to carry, you gotta be on-duty at the time. I have not visited it yet...one of these days. It was actually easier for me to carry to the Statue of Liberty since security is handled by the US Parks Police, very nice people. Most "historical" buildings in NYC have metal detectors. I did manage to carry at Radio City Music Hall a few Christmas's ago, they didn't bother to wand me.

fergie22

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    walkerton
    anybody notice that it is the sanctuary states that don`t allow law abiding citizens to protect themselves NY ILL DC CAL THEY SHOULD COME UP WITH A FEDERAL LTCH

semper fi :patriot: :ingo:

:ar15:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    hi scutter i didn`t realize there was one any info? thanks

semper fi :patriot: :ingo:

Here it is........ listed in the paragraph just under the first paragraph.....

f16b1234.jpg

inxs

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Ain't it funny that a marriage license issued to a politically correct is to be honored, but a gun permit, or a Constitutional Amendment is not?

Article 4-

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof

Top Bottom