• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    You have several more options to get with people who can work with you on some of the issues you addressed.

1. Check out the Mutual Support Groups in your area of the state. While these groups are "casual" rather than "organized" for the most part, folks are getting together and working on training to be prepared for whatever comes. Out of the larger area MSGs, you can get with like-minded folks and develop smaller groups.

2. Check out the Community Emergency Response Team (C.E.R.T.) training concept, which is designed to help you and your neighbors be prepared for a disaster in your area. The small team concept is another way to get with folks and share ideas and pool knowledge and resources.

3. Start a Neighborhood Watch. Beginning with looking out for each other, you can progress to finding like-minded neighbors to share knowledge and resources. I'd wager that, with the country having been at war for the past 10 years - and intermittently at war since the 90's - some of your neighbors will have valuable military experience they can share.

If you look around yourself with the objective of finding like-minded individuals to share experiences, preparation ideas, and pool resources, you will likely find many folks who are in the same boat as you are.

Very good points and way more worthwhile then joining a group that doesn't have enough sack to come forward and be noticed. At least the Michigan Militia are out front about their goals and their intentions.

Reading back through the whole thread reminds you of the number of militia kooks that have popped up periodically over the years. They post a couple times and then gone forever.

Could be the same one under different names:twocents:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Or it could be those elderly field manuals that someone scanned and turned into CDs. I've got a couple of those from a few years ago. Not very up to date or reflective of current military doctrine. If you want to learn essential military doctrine that may be of some use to you, check out anything you can find on "Asymmetric Warfare"

VaqueroEM

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    South side of Indy
    As far as "watch lists" go, everyone on this site is on at least one, as are all other people who own guns, shoot, show an interest in either, and especially those who compete.

Yup... the DHS considers gun owners as potential terrorist. RIght along iwth veterans. WTH is going on with this country?

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    WE the people, let the wrong people stay in power for too long.

WE also let too many of our rights get whittled away, little by little because it did not affect all of us at once.

We have become the "frog in the pot", the heat kept getting hotter little by little, and we never took notice until it was too late to get out and do something about it.

It will be a LONG HARD road until we get back all that we have lost(If we ever do again), and it will not be pretty.

StarKing

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Muncie
    Granted this is from wikipedia but it seems correct. Good history.

Militia (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

State Defense Forces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm still having a hard time differentiating what the Militia truly is.
    Being a male of 46 years I don't fit the criteria under the federal law.

This sounds to me like the draft pool.

It IS the draft pool - the Federal Militia law is where the legal authority for a military draft originates. I'm guessing that's also the main reason the Feds haven't pushed to repeal it.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Ran into a guy the other day that mentioned he just joined a militia in the state. After a few moments of talking I realized this guy was not all there mentally.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    An 8 month necro revival ?

Pretty lame by revival standards. :D
    You might just want to check the date on the OP's post.... ;)

I'll link it to make it easier for ya...
    I found these guys on the web. Indiana Militia - Indiana's Original Homeland Defense

After checking out their site I was little concerned. This seems like a good idea but are these guys a little radical or what. Does anyone have any experience or information on them? I really like the comments and discussions on this site and value everyone’s opinion and would like to get a good thread going. I especially would like to hear from LEO's

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I met a few of these guys at a "recruitment station" at a gun show.

You don't want anything to do with these guys at the Indiana Militia Corps. :nuts:

You might just want to check the date on the OP's post.... ;)

I'll link it to make it easier for ya...

Top Bottom