• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    I'll take point this time. I just set my Outlook calendar to remind me to bring this thread back around Christmas. See you all there. :rockwoot:

RHRUGER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2013
    United States
    I am also in Avon

I am also in Avon. It would be great to have other like minded individuals close. Have you seen the III Magazine? The standards they lay out for a militia seem very legitimate. Founded on protecting the constitution not replacing it. I am looking into all of this information ranging from prepping to militia and so on and my concern is in a real SHTF situation we would need to have local allies. I would imagine most of the people in my neighborhood are not prepared, so inevitably people will start scavenging and pillaging. I will be able to protect my self and the others in my home for some time, but what if they band together?

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Q. Why do we need the militia?

A most dramatic, obscene, and telling reason for the need of citizen militias in our modern society is the debacle of
    Oklahoma Army National Guard units who were ordered - and carried out - the forcible disarmament of law-abiding citizens in the wake of hurricane Katrina. "

Ha! Reading this has me in stitches!

-My 2 cents: Both their "leader" and even more so the people that are silly enough to follow this ferocious Boy Scout leader, are nuts. Organization for general preparedness is one thing, but when it's under the control of a baby-faced, self-glorified mall ninja (maybe this is what Gecko45 is doing with his retirement?) this seems a little to cultish for my taste.

Last edited:

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    Then let me ask you. At what point is a legitimate unorganized militia legitimate? And this includes the understanding that ALL people who support the constitution and develop ANY group that is in ANY way PARAMILITARY, is considered a domestic terrorist. This means that ANY group trying to support the constitution, CANNOT fully integrate its community services overtly nor support the local LE simply due to its nature of being.

WHEN and HOW can we as citizens live up to our potential and correct this country using the avenues provided through our constitution? Whether that be a militia OR a lobby of citizens acting appropriately to correct the corrupt system?

Top Bottom