• ...and so much more!
  • model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    My children's mental issues were corrected with a belt on the behind.
    My parents corrected my mental issues the same way.
    Guess what my grandparents corrected my parents mental issues the same way as well.
    I welling to bet that I come from a long line of mental health experts.
    suppressed by force is correction, eh?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The mom told the kid, “[child’s preferred name] is the bitch that killed my son.”

If true. Do you think that’s what good parents would say to their kid who is having mental issues?
    So you never had a nasty fight with your parents over some stupid BS phase you were in?

Like at some point you as the parent have to tell them the child, "No, you are a boy, you are not a girl, you do not get to wear girl clothes and take girl hormones and call yourself a girl, because you aren't one".

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    suppressed by force is correction, eh?
    Physical discipline is not ”suppression”. Beating is not discipline either, it is abuse. There is a line. My father knew it. My mother knew it. Many a parent back in the day knew it. Maybe if more parents weren’t afraid of being accused of crossing that line, there’d be fewer selfish, entitled, grownups out there right now.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Physical discipline is not ”suppression”. Beating is not discipline either, it is abuse. There is a line. My father knew it. My mother knew it. Many a parent back in the day knew it. Maybe if more parents weren’t afraid of being accused of crossing that line, there’d be fewer selfish, entitled, grownups out there right now.
    Proverbs 13:24 KJV
    He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

For those who can't understand the Kings English.

New Living Translation
    Those who spare the rod of discipline hate their children. Those who love their children care enough to discipline them.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Judge Vaidik is on the ballot this year for judicial retention. :dunno:
    Yes, she is.

This exact issue landed at the Indiana Supreme Court in 2005 after the Indiana Court of Appeals, in an opinion written by Judge Nancy Vaidik, a Porter County native, unequivocally said Article I, Section 1 of the Constitution establishes a right to privacy that extends to all Indiana citizens, including women seeking to obtain an abortion.

"While we need not decide today precisely what the right to privacy — or the substantive content of Article I, Section 1, animated by the core value of privacy — encompasses, we have no doubt that it extends to the right to make decisions about our health and the integrity of our minds and bodies," Vaidik said.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes, she is.

"While we need not decide today precisely what the right to privacy — or the substantive content of Article I, Section 1, animated by the core value of privacy — encompasses, we have no doubt that it extends to the right to make decisions about our health and the integrity of our minds and bodies," Vaidik said.

Sounds a lot like, "We can't define obscenity, but we'll know it when we see it."

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    My father didn't know the line with my older brother and myself. My brother never had kids, I have two sons.
    I believe discipline styles depend on the child.
    When we had problems I would hold my line through what punishment was given. I never wavered.
    And I never once put my hands on either one of my sons, hopefully that what I was taught has come to an end.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I never had to beat my kids, later arguments when they were teens usually ended with, "you can make those decisions when I'm no longer responsible for you." Fortunately they got jobs early and understood how brutal the real world outside home was. Both good men today, they tell me thanks for the job I did raising them, which is as high a praise as a father could ever expect.:)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I never had to beat my kids, later arguments when they were teens usually ended with, "you can make those decisions when I'm no longer responsible for you." Fortunately they got jobs early and understood how brutal the real world outside home was. Both good men today, they tell me thanks for the job I did raising them, which is as high a praise as a father could ever expect.:)
    I'd say 100% of good parents don't beat their children. They do however apply the belt when needed.
    There is a difference between beating a child and giving a child a dose of mental illness correction. It is very healthy if applied properly.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Proverbs 13:24 KJV
    He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

For those who can't understand the Kings English.

New Living Translation
    Those who spare the rod of discipline hate their children. Those who love their children care enough to discipline them.
    Betimes means quickly, instantly, or promptly.

Most parents train their children in disobedience and rebellion by not correcting their children immediately after their transgression.

“Little Johnny, I told you not to do that.”

“If you do that again, you’ll be in trouble.”

“I’m not kidding, if you do that one more time, you’re going to get it!”

[Parent screams and flies off the handle and finally disciplines their child]

All the child learned was they can get away with disobedience and rebellion up until the point their parent loses their cool.

That isn’t the proper way to train children.

Rather, the parents should have rules and punishments for those rules that are strictly enforced immediately.

I believe only rebellion warrants the rod.

Rebellion is the child acting like their will or desires is more important than that of the parent.

If rebellion occurs, that is when the rod on the backside should be administered.

“Little Johnny clean up your room.”

“No!”

Or

“I’m watching tv, I’ll get to it in a minute.”

Or sometimes with sweet little girls:

“Yes, mommy!” But then when you go and check in on them you see they didn’t clean the room.

“Oh I’m sorry… I forgot.”

[No, they didn’t. They just want to do what they want to do and do not respect you.]

This is where the parent steps in and establishes their authority.

This is where you have to stop what you’re doing, get off the couch, and do your job as a parent.

“Johnny that is unacceptable.

Do you know what you just did?”

[if there has been some previous training:]

“I rebelled.”

“Correct and that is unacceptable.”

[Administer rod, tell them you forgive them, give them a hug, play wrestle/tickle (let them know you’re not angry with them anymore), then send them off to the requested task.]

When children rebel, the relationship between the child and parent suffer.

Biblical discipline is about love, reconciliation, and training.

You will see the fruit of the training of your children once they reach the teenage years.

In the case of this poor boy, he has had a childhood or either super strict parents, or more likely, permissive parents that let the child do whatever they wanted.

The trans situation is just the culmination of bad training being played out in adolescence.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My father didn't know the line with my older brother and myself. My brother never had kids, I have two sons.
    I believe discipline styles depend on the child.
    When we had problems I would hold my line through what punishment was given. I never wavered.
    And I never once put my hands on either one of my sons, hopefully that what I was taught has come to an end.
    If you can't discipline your children without anger and control, and a lot of adults who were raised by parents that couldn't, your kids might be better off if you did what you did.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    If you can't discipline your children without anger and control, and a lot of adults who were raised by parents that couldn't, your kids might be better off if you did what you did.
    That worked for me, both enlisted before the 18th birthday and are responsible with 5 and 10 plans at 23 and 25 yrs old now.
    Now my brother earned all of his smackdowns, me not so much. :dunno:

The problem I have seen with being bought up with a physical parent was it taught tou at a young age to move forward with any conflict.
    We didnt understand diplomacy growing up.

It still pops it head out on occasion.

Now to call my brother and remind him dad loved me more. :):

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Betimes means quickly, instantly, or promptly.

Most parents train their children in disobedience and rebellion by not correcting their children immediately after their transgression.

“Little Johnny, I told you not to do that.”

“If you do that again, you’ll be in trouble.”

“I’m not kidding, if you do that one more time, you’re going to get it!”

[Parent screams and flies off the handle and finally disciplines their child]

All the child learned was they can get away with disobedience and rebellion up until the point their parent loses their cool.

That isn’t the proper way to train children.

Rather, the parents should have rules and punishments for those rules that are strictly enforced immediately.

I believe only rebellion warrants the rod.

Rebellion is the child acting like their will or desires is more important than that of the parent.

If rebellion occurs, that is when the rod on the backside should be administered.

“Little Johnny clean up your room.”

“No!”

Or

“I’m watching tv, I’ll get to it in a minute.”

Or sometimes with sweet little girls:

“Yes, mommy!” But then when you go and check in on them you see they didn’t clean the room.

“Oh I’m sorry… I forgot.”

[No, they didn’t. They just want to do what they want to do and do not respect you.]

This is where the parent steps in and establishes their authority.

This is where you have to stop what you’re doing, get off the couch, and do your job as a parent.

“Johnny that is unacceptable.

Do you know what you just did?”

[if there has been some previous training:]

“I rebelled.”

“Correct and that is unacceptable.”

[Administer rod, tell them you forgive them, give them a hug, play wrestle/tickle (let them know you’re not angry with them anymore), then send them off to the requested task.]

When children rebel, the relationship between the child and parent suffer.

Biblical discipline is about love, reconciliation, and training.

You will see the fruit of the training of your children once they reach the teenage years.

In the case of this poor boy, he has had a childhood or either super strict parents, or more likely, permissive parents that let the child do whatever they wanted.

The trans situation is just the culmination of bad training being played out in adolescence.
    I've seen the modern time out garbage. It doesn't work what I've seen. As the child gets older say in their teens it's a joke, and they just run over their parents. They have no respect at all for their parents and usually no respect for anyone else.
    Discipline is a long hard road that a parent cannot afford to leave.
    I found out why my parents expected me to do as I was told once if I didn't it was time to fix that error in my mental process.
    When I became a father I was going to do things differently them old ways were obsolete.
    I found out that my parents were right all along, and changed to those old obsolete ways of discipline because it works.
    It also saved my life later on because I learned to listen immediately and not allowed to do as I pleased.
    It's a constant struggle to keep children disciplined, but it's well worth the time, and effort. It will help your children when they grow up as well.
    I think the reason many children are in gangs or are criminals is because they have no discipline at home.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    my response wasn't to a post about "discipline", or trying to debate the morality of spanking and such.

I mentioned suppression because that's the result when force is applied to kids who have differing views or opinions (i.e. "mental issues") and the parents can't use effective communication to convey what they want to instill as right from wrong. It sounds like most of you had good parents who could communicate, and use the belt if that didn't work. Some of us weren't as fortunate.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    That is a big part of the problem, they claim to not want to paddle their children. So they don't until it builds and it becomes a beating. Deal with the little problems when they are little, solves a lot of issues and creates understanding when they and the things become bigger.

I can tell who rules the first day on the bus. Parents either offer their cell numbers and tell me, "call with any problems, they don't need to be your problem". Or a mom puts a kindergartener on and says to me, "good luck, I can't even keep him in a car seat!".

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    my response wasn't to a post about "discipline", or trying to debate the morality of spanking and such.

I mentioned suppression because that's the result when force is applied to kids who have differing views or opinions (i.e. "mental issues") and the parents can't use effective communication to convey what they want to instill as right from wrong. It sounds like most of you had good parents who could communicate, and use the belt if that didn't work. Some of us weren't as fortunate.
    Not everything a child does needs a belt. Many times it's done out of ignorance, and it's the parents job to explain why it should not be done. Explain that if it's done again they will get punishment.
    I've always pushed my boys to think for themselves, and if I didn't like their thought process I'd explain my view.
    I wanted to make American, free thinking, freedom loving, creative individuals.
    Not one of my children were alike.
    I was consistent with my discipline with them all. However, my daughter would give me those sad brown eyes, and it would be harder it seemed to discipline her, but she got the same as her brothers.
    As they got older I actually had less spanking, and more conversations because they were becoming adults. The pre teen and early teen years were probably the worst, and the best. Late teen it was pretty smooth other than a few hiccups here and there.

jackwagon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2022
    Shipshewana
    That first line should just plain scare the **** out of people. Telling parents that their opinions and thoughts do not matter in how their child is raised.

"We conclude that the Parents’ appeal of the Initial/Detention Order is moot and decline to address it. In addition, we conclude that Child’s continued removal is not contrary to the CHINS-6 statute and is supported by sufficient evidence that it is in Child’s best interest," the court said in conclusion.

Top Bottom