• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    there are no steel matches at eagle creek because of liability. but the range is open on friday nights to the public.

I was looking HERE at the Marion County Fish and Game site. Is this a different location than Eagle Creek?

When does Eagle Creek open to the public on Friday nights? They post Sat-Sun only on their website. Thanks for the info guys. I don't live close enough to dropby and find out. If I'm headin that way, it's w/ a small arsenal :):.

Thanks!
    ~Joe

Thickburger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Marion County is located off of 136 near Clermont.
    Eagle Creek is located off of 56th St on High School Rd past the bark park.

they usually open up for Fridays when the weather gets warm.

zz502

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2008
    I hear the prices at atterbury are outrageous these days, true?

7.50 an hour with 2 hour min. per person. you pay 15 up front with a 5 dollar deposit. we were there for 4 hours got our deposit back and never paid any more when we checked out. so i cant really complain. very very nice range though!

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    At Pop Gun's if you have a range membership its free range time weekdays until 5pm. That works well with my schedule since I'm off work around 1:30pm. After 5pm weekdays and on weekends range cost is $6 an hour and secondary shooters are always only $5.

The year membership is around $129 which pays for itself in no time if your shoot regularly.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Indy
    I used to have a membership at Pops. Can't afford that much of a hit on the checkbook anymore.

Besides, I've gotten to the point where I hate shooting indoors, so I'd rather wait and head to Eagle Creek or Atterbury.

BeeRian

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I work at Eagle Creek as an Range Officer and as one of the NRA instructors there. I think its a great place to shoot for a lot of reasons.

For one, there is no time limit and though its $20 for a one day pass, you can get 10 visits for only $65 making by far the best deal around.

Secondly is there are a lot of really nice people that regularly shoot there. You can learn a lot from them and get a great opportunity to see some really cool stuff!

Finally, all the ROs really enjoy working there and do so because they want others to enjoy this as well and help them do so safely. We go out of our way to help people out to learn about their guns and how to use them properly.

It is an "outdoor" range but its covered, so even if its raining, the firing line stays dry. We provide targets too.

No centerfire rifles...sorry. With where the range is at, and such high bullet velocities, its possible if a bullet skips off the ground just right it could ricochet out of the park out to 56th street.

Anyway, if you get a chance stop by, even just to look. Also, as was stated, we (the RO's) have no say in the fees and we get no extra compensation for passes sold. We're there because we enjoy it and for the brass!:thumbsup:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Pops has a nice range but I hated the taste I got in the back of my mouth after shooting. I would much rather shoot out doors now but will stop by there to get some shooting in. I used to have a day pass and it was a pretty good deal.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If you're in Noblesville, it's about the same distance to Bull's Eye in Kokomo as it is to Pop Guns. Cheaper, and there's rarely a line, too. Only open until 7pm, though, which makes it tough to get there after work.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There is no rifle range per se at Atlanta Conservations Clubs. All of the shooting bays are 20-25 yards deep. You can shoot rifles there, but your distance is limited.

Top Bottom