• pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I saw an ad for this place in GUNS Magazine... the ultimate "Man room"
    Advanced Interactive Systems
    They make a whole ready-to-go shooting range called the "Quick Range" that starts at the size of a tractor trailer. They drop it off complete in place and it can be expanded for more $$ They're complete with bullet traps, HVAC, target systems, sound-proofing and all. Theoretically you could put one of these in an existing bldg. I have no idea how expensive, I just know I want one for my backyard! :). Their web site says "afforable" but that depends don't you know!

younggun21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    No mention of Don's Gun's here... I shoot there on occasion they have 25 yard range with adjustable target clips so you can set them out as far or close as you want up to the 25 yard mark.

-K

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    No mention of Don's Gun's here... I shoot there on occasion they have 25 yard range with adjustable target clips so you can set them out as far or close as you want up to the 25 yard mark.

-K

I won't do business of any kind with that person. He was a big supporter of the Brady Bill back in the day. When it passed he even posted a big congrats to Willey the Weasel on the sign outside his store in Greenwood.
    The man sold out gun owners and doesn't deserve our support now!:soapbox:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I won't do business of any kind with that person. He was a big supporter of the Brady Bill back in the day. When it passed he even posted a big congrats to Willey the Weasel on the sign outside his store in Greenwood.

Interesting! Is this the same guy who says something like he doesn't want to make money he just loves selling guns?

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    Interesting! Is this the same guy who says something like he doesn't want to make money he just loves selling guns?

Yeah it's the same guy. I met him once, about 15 years ago. After it was over I was torn between the desires to immediately wash my hands and to check and see if my wallet was still in my pocket.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yeah it's the same guy. I met him once, about 15 years ago. After it was over I was torn between the desires to immediately wash my hands and to check and see if my wallet was still in my pocket.

That's funny you should say that. My wife and I met him as we were leaving, the single time we visited the store, and we had the same reaction. Too much gold on his fingers and teeth, and too much Brylcreem in his hair.

Oh, and the store itself definitely had a bad vibe. From the paper-thin wall and no sound baffles between the range and the store, to the dirty walls, floors, and cases, to the high prices and surly staff. It was clear that it was not our kind of place.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg

Very interesting.....i had no idea he supported that, wtf :n00b:

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    Very interesting.....i had no idea he supported that, wtf :n00b:

He actually went so far as to appear on the old Stan Solomon show on 1070 am radio several times to speak in favor of the Brady Bill. At the same time he was suing IPD for confiscating several stolen guns he had in his possession.
    Remember, he doesn't want to make money, he just wants to screw gun owners!:soapbox:

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    When I get a new pistol, I usually head to Don's for 30 minutes... yeah it's pricey, but I just like testing new pistols out... and generally it's easiest for me to run there and squeeze out 50-100 rounds.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I know it is a little drive but I strongly suggest you check out Marion County Fish and Game. Nice club, reasonable dues and there are shooting activities year-round, Trap shoot every week, bowling pins and steel shoots every month. Pistols, black powder shotgun, and rimfire rifle only but they have 7, 25, 50 and 100 yard ranges. You can come and go as you please, sun up to sun down, year round unless there is a match scheduled. Sundays are always unscheduled. Never found it crowded.
    Eagle creek is open to public on Sat and Sun. No centerfire rifles (yet) but pistol caliber carbines are OK. Normal traget stands are 7 yard but you can move out to 50 yard if you want. Staff is nice and many are certified instructors. Someone is always willing to help if you ask. I use both.

Top Bottom