• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I see in your link on corruption that you quote Woodrow Wilson in his statement where the government should be run by a professional political class and not by wealthy citizens. Certainly you can't believe that that elitist thought it should be given to the people.

In this scree you set the base of corruption at the feet of the two party system...yet other than saying that's bad you have no examples of what is good other than throw a protest vote for you because you're not them. Would your ideal of a political system look like the Weimar Republic?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Fair enough. But until last night, I've never even heard your name. I would think you would like to spread your words around instead of making people find you.

I'm pretty sure that's why he's up to ~60 posts on this site now. With a total of $1,400 in contributions (~800 left) this is free advertisement.

Wonder how long this conversation will continue after the election...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Henry, and Hooky, y'all seem to be making sense. Do you have any questions for me?

I have a question, with $800, not a single win to your name, and a district history of 2 to 3% in your district, what makes you think you are a viable candidate?

Also, simply being insulting to anyone who raises a question, casting aspersions on their comprehension level and astuteness does nothing but show that you are a thin skinned and petty. From your responses I'd have to say that not only can you not answer the questions you don't even want to address them.

I enjoy Mr. Horning insulting me. Let the world see how Libertarians behave.

I do wish he would have the courage to answer my question.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    And if I could be the margin of victory against somebody...good!
    Sheesh, people. You must really love politics.

So, to be the advocator of perfect you choose to defeat the good so that evil can triumph?

You confuse loving politics with not being willing to ignore it. As Pericles said, "Because you do not take an interest in politics does not mean that politics will not take an interest in you."

If you want to convince folks to support you you have to come up with a better argument than :lala:

You say you want a reduced federal government yet you would gladly be the shill who gets democrats elected. You say there is no difference between the two parties...maybe from your land way over there it looks that way. In your world Obama=Regan apparently.

You can say that all day, but it only makes you look the fool.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Henry, and Hooky, y'all seem to be making sense. Do you have any questions for me?

By the way, other folks, I am most certainly NOT a "professional politician."
    Far from making me any money at all, it costs me a lot. A lot.
    Professionally, financially, time with family...it costs enough that, if you want to know something about me, I must tell you that I must be an idiot to keep throwing myself at a bunch of voters who say stuff they don't understand because they heard it from politicians they say they don't trust, and then elect them again in order for them to enact term limits or something.

Sheesh, people, do some math. Look at the 2012 election results again. Even if every single vote that came my way went to Mourdock instead (which would never have happened), he'd have still lost.

And if I could be the margin of victory against somebody...good! I am no part of your silly self deception game.
    I'm still waiting for somebody to give me any good reason to ever vote for any D or R again, knowing who runs both of those parties...
    Sheesh, people. You must really love politics.
    I do not. I want it shrunk down as much as possible, and out of our lives as much as possible

I am not a card-carrying Libertarian, but I hold a very strong set of libertarian positions as it relates to the federal government. I believe those same ideals should be used by all people to operate at state and local government, but alas, this rarely happens. And I believe more strongly in the FREEDOM to self-govern than I do in the hypocrisy of telling them they have to vote my way to be free.

I mention this because you have a very good chance of securing my vote (were I to live in the 8th, as I don't this is a purely academic discussion). But I am also female, hard-headed, and sensitive to the sales pitch, which means that insulting me, even indirectly or by proxy, will most decidedly earn one of your opponents my vote. Arrogance is not a trait I want to see in my elected representative.

You picked this venue to peddle your candidacy. You are not new here and should be well aware of the responses your request would garner. If you cannot stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

andrewhorning

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2008
    Freedom, IN
    Fair enough. But until last night, I've never even heard your name. I would think you would like to spread your words around instead of making people find you.

Do you know how much it costs to get the average voter's attention? Do you know where the other guys get the money to do that? Do you understand how strings come with that money?

Voters are in charge. They need to act like it. There is no other fix for our system.

andrewhorning

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2008
    Freedom, IN
    Does anybody have any actual constitutional, policy, advocacy, position or opinion questions?
    I've already said that odds and game theory are not my job or interest. I believe this is about right versus wrong...with what we've been doing for the past one hundred years (at least) clearly proving to be wrong.
    You can say what you want about me, personally, being thin-skinned, arrogant or whatever. You don't know me and don't seem particularly interested in me as a person, and that's not my business.
    But I'm doing this because I'm angry with what most people are doing to our country. That anger will show.
    I've found good reason to be angry with some of you, since it's obvious how you've been running our country.
    That anger is what makes me sacrifice so much to try to make things better.
    I've got five kids, and I'm embarrassed what is falling onto them by public choice that I see displayed so arrogantly, ignorantly, willfully entrenched in the status quo, and on a path to destruction.
    You want me to talk purty?
    Sorry; I'm not that kind of candidate.
    I will speak what I believe to be the truth; and I'll say it in the way that I'm moved to say it. Some people think that's a good thing. If you don't, well then, I suppose you can find more reason to support the status quo, again.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Voters are in charge. They need to act like it. There is no other fix for our system.
    IMHO this is why you lose.

People - people like voters - need leaders. They respond to leaders (even when the leaders aren't going exactly in the direction the people really want). You want to win - be a leader. Start small if you have to, but start leading.

What have you done to lead?

(By the way, I'm in the 5th district.)

andrewhorning

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2008
    Freedom, IN
    Libertarians provided the margin for Democrats in at least nine elections

Libertarians provide the margin for Democrats in at least nine elections.:dunno:

I love it! That completely ignores the base LP vote in Indiana...which some keep quoting as 3%...and wouldn't go to either D or R anyway. That, while deceptive, is good for public perception of my team's power!
    I don't know why Republicans keep thinking that Libertarians are actually Republicans...

But OK, I'll play that game for a moment. Let's say that all the Libertarians are actually Republicans, and that every single one of the other votes I got were secretly Republicans too (in spite of the fact that, until 2012, my D/R registered voter splits were more than 51% D). Even assuming this extreme...good! I'm glad.

But you should blame your fellow Republicans, not me. I'm not the problem with your party.

andrewhorning

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2008
    Freedom, IN
    IMHO this is why you lose.

People - people like voters - need leaders. They respond to leaders (even when the leaders aren't going exactly in the direction the people really want). You want to win - be a leader. Start small if you have to, but start leading.

What have you done to lead?

(By the way, I'm in the 5th district.)

What do you need to be led to do?
    Wouldn't you rather have a representative than a leader? I'm applying for a legislative job that lasts only two years a shot. I'm hoping y'all would see that as a chance for you to send a different voice, try a different tactic, send a different message...do SOMETHING different from the past one hundred years.

I'm not running for President!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    So why aren't you running in the 1st or 7th District then? Then when you don't win you might help defeat a politician who is inimical to all those things you profess to believe.

Oh, that's right Carter/Obama=Regan/Eisenhower.

:ugh:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What do you need to be led to do?
    Wouldn't you rather have a representative than a leader? I'm applying for a legislative job that lasts only two years a shot. I'm hoping y'all would see that as a chance for you to send a different voice, try a different tactic, send a different message...do SOMETHING different from the past one hundred years.

I'm not running for President!

Yeah, good luck with your windmill tilting.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So why aren't you running in the 1st or 7th District then? Then when you don't win you might help defeat a politician who is inimical to all those things you profess to believe.

Oh, that's right Carter/Obama=Regan/Eisenhower.

:ugh:

1st. Definitely 1st. I'd support him over Visclosky. With the Jim "HoughMade" Hough endorsement, what could possibly go wrong?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    You still have not answered what type of political system you would replace the two party system with...you know, the two party system we've had since John Adams and Thomas Jefferson ran for president.

Weimar Republic?

Desiring a smaller role for the federal government does not necessarily lead to destruction of our political structure...it does need control but it doesn't necessarily require "now for something completely different".

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Does anybody have any actual constitutional, policy, advocacy, position or opinion questions?
    I've already said that odds and game theory are not my job or interest.

So, you are afraid to answer my question. I understand. Libertarians cannot be held accountable as they are better than the rest of us.

A complete lack of past success (not even dog catcher, how would a Libertarian dog catcher work? Put the dogs to sleep by reading L. Neil Smith books to them?), $800, 2-3% of the historical vote and he wants to talk about pie in the sky. Got it.

Last edited:

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I guess I just cant get past the fact Mr. Horning no matter how well intentioned he might be has made a habit of being nothing more than a spoiler. I look at the numbers and see that Mr. Horning might well be the reason we have Sen. Donnelly. The road to hell is paved with good intentions and while I have no reason to doubt the intentions of Mr. Horning (and in fact agree with him on many issues) he causes more harm than good.

andrewhorning

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2008
    Freedom, IN
    You still have not answered what type of political system you would replace the two party system with...you know, the two party system we've had since John Adams and Thomas Jefferson ran for president.

Weimar Republic?

Desiring a smaller role for the federal government does not necessarily lead to destruction of our political structure...it does need control but it doesn't necessarily require "now for something completely different".

Thor, if you're really asking the question instead of trying to push the Weimar Republic thing...perhaps you should read what George Washington, James Madison, Thomas Jefferson and many other said about political parties. Perhaps you should read what John Adams said about the danger of democracies under partisan/tribal influences.

I'm a constitutionalist, sir. The self-proclaimed and so-called "two party system" that we were warned against from the very beginning is of course unconstitutional. Come on now...you know, don't you, that the private clubs called the Democratic and Republican Parties have, in violation of both Indiana and US Constitutions, granted themselves special powers, privileges and exemptions not available to any other parties or independent candidates. Only Ds and Rs can be on the Election Commission, Recount Commission, fill vacancies, or even have Precinct Committeemen. Only Ds and Rs are invited to the primary elections, which are tax-paid advertising for the powers that be. And of course the campaign finance laws mean they're allowed to get twice as much money from any single donor as can any alternative candidates (not that Ds and Rs really have to obey the laws they write anyway...).

I wish we had a constitutional republic. I'd actually keep my oath of office. That'd be pretty unique in itself.
    But the form of government I propose is the one you can actually read.
    It's all here: U.S. Constitution - Horning for Congress

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've already said that odds and game theory are not my job or interest. I believe this is about right versus wrong...with what we've been doing for the past one hundred years (at least) clearly proving to be wrong.
    You can say what you want about me, personally, being thin-skinned, arrogant or whatever. You don't know me and don't seem particularly interested in me as a person, and that's not my business.
    But I'm doing this because I'm angry with what most people are doing to our country. That anger will show.
    I've found good reason to be angry with some of you, since it's obvious how you've been running our country.
    That anger is what makes me sacrifice so much to try to make things better.
    I've got five kids, and I'm embarrassed what is falling onto them by public choice that I see displayed so arrogantly, ignorantly, willfully entrenched in the status quo, and on a path to destruction.
    You want me to talk purty?
    Sorry; I'm not that kind of candidate.
    I will speak what I believe to be the truth; and I'll say it in the way that I'm moved to say it. Some people think that's a good thing. If you don't, well then, I suppose you can find more reason to support the status quo, again.
    I like you! We think alike!
    For too long people of our country keep voting for the same thing whether they hit the 'R' or 'D'.
    im tired of people running my country into the ground. People who have selfish motives! Because they certainly aren't doing what they do for love of country or they wouldn't be running us into the ground.
    the fact is we need people like Andrew horning in congress and the White House. Doing what is right is more important to me that taking the sure bet. Because the sure bet is ruining our republic!

Supporting a a republican or a democrat means your supporting the machine that's destroying our country. Same reason I won't support the NRA because they aren't in touch with what the 2nd amendment really is about. They are part of the machine.
    but go ahead guys and compromise once again at the polls and further **** our country. I'll vote for people like Andrew Horning so at least my integrity remains intact.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Thor, if you're really asking the question instead of trying to push the Weimar Republic thing...perhaps you should read what George Washington, James Madison, Thomas Jefferson and many other said about political parties.
    Oh, like the part about factionalism - too many parties?

I wish we had a constitutional republic. I'd actually keep my oath of office. That'd be pretty unique in itself.
    You mean... you'd keep your oath if you actually got elected. Let's not put the cart before the horse.

That would certainly be unique.

By the way, what are your positions on ___________________ and ________________? I see you are a ___________________. Does that influence your position on ___________________?

(Sorry, that's a bit of an inside INGO joke.)

Top Bottom