• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I applied for a duplicate plastic card, and then 6 months after receiving it, I moved and applied for an address change. ISP sent me an email saying that the address change was approved, it did not send new plastic card....is this normal?

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I applied for a duplicate plastic card, and then 6 months after receiving it, I moved and applied for an address change. ISP sent me an email saying that the address change was approved, it did not send new plastic card....is this normal?
    Completely normal. You won't get a new card unless you request a duplicate and pay the $20 fee. My understanding is as long as your information is updated in the database, you are g2g.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    First off, before everyone else dogpiles on, it is neither a permit, nor is it strictly for CC. Indiana issues a License to Carry a Handgun (LTCH) and as long as you have a lifetime license, you're fine. No need to get one of the plastic versions unless you want it. BTW, the license allows for OC, as well as CC ;)

While it may not be just for CC, and the legal name is "License to Carry a Handgun", it IS most certainly a permit.

This is why we need "constitutional carry", because no matter what one calls the slip of paper, it is a permission slip for the exercise of a supposed right.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

Yes. New card = $20 to ISP every time.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Completely normal. You won't get a new card unless you request a duplicate and pay the $20 fee. My understanding is as long as your information is updated in the database, you are g2g.

I can personally verify that you are exactly right about all of that.
    I've moved twice since I originally received my lifetime Larry, and both times I called ISP immediately after I had unloaded the truck to provide them my new home address.
    The whole process each time took a grand total of about five to ten minutes, with the wait time to talk to a human included, and they told me that providing them the new home address whenever moving was all that was required.
    It's just important to stay in good standing with the requirements for keeping your Larry to not forget to call ISP each time that you've completed a move.
    Anyone who wants a new plastic card with his new address printed on it will need to submit a form (it's a PDF linked on the ISP website) and submit the $20 fee.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I can personally verify that you are exactly right about all of that.
    I've moved twice since I originally received my lifetime Larry, and both times I called ISP immediately after I had unloaded the truck to provide them my new home address.
    The whole process each time took a grand total of about five to ten minutes, with the wait time to talk to a human included, and they told me that providing them the new home address whenever moving was all that was required.
    It's just important to stay in good standing with the requirements for keeping your Larry to not forget to call ISP each time that you've completed a move.
    Anyone who wants a new plastic card with his new address printed on it will need to submit a form (it's a PDF linked on the ISP website) and submit the $20 fee.

Didn't know you could simply call.

Previously, I've sent certified mail to have proof they got it.

POB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    Is the LTCH connected to the BMV? The reason I ask is I was pulled over by the ISP one night and they had me at the rear of the car. They removed my pistol from my holster and ran my drivers and registration but never pulled my LTCH. I was set free after a sobriety test although the wife and I got ticketed for not wearing a seat belt.

cooltools

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Is the LTCH connected to the BMV? The reason I ask is I was pulled over by the ISP one night and they had me at the rear of the car. They removed my pistol from my holster and ran my drivers and registration but never pulled my LTCH. I was set free after a sobriety test although the wife and I got ticketed for not wearing a seat belt.

Yep, all law enforcement, ISP, County, and local PD are aware as soon as your plate is run , providing the vehicle is in your name. Have been stopped by ISP a couple of times over the years for speeding, no ticket just a warning, asked if I was armed, replied yes but never had my pistol or myself removed from my vehicle. Must have been a really bored trooper. Guess I'm just an old guy they feel is not a threat.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Car insurance, registration, D/L, LTCH and a few assorted other ID cards are photographed and carried on my phone. I haven't carried a wallet in a long time, but my wife makes me take my phone with me. (She's afraid I'll be out and about with my buddy Al Zeimer).

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Not at all. It has been a while since I did this... maybe phone was an option at the time and I simply didn't trust it.

I can confirm that the phone method worked perfectly both times.
    On the second time that I moved, I even asked before confirming my second address change if they had my address change from the first time that I called, and they did.
    It's nice that ISP makes the whole process as simple and trouble-free as possible.

Top Bottom