• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    The following page seems biased, but the only source I found. They were being harrassed last night in the news by a couple of guys.

News link

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Maybe Im not reading it right, but it doesnt seem they make straight cupcakes either.

For something that covers less than 8% of the US population the media sure seems to think we like reading about the gayness.

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I read the article from WishTV8 last night... The woman at the store told them "I'll sell you whatever I have in the store to sell, but we don't do custom orders."

That, folks, is just about as cut and dried as you get.

It's like ordering a brand new Ford Model-T way back when: Any color you want; as long as it's black.

-J-

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Total BS. This will probably force them out of business in the City Market. Costco REFUSED to put White Icing on a Chocolate Cake and Will NOT put Chocolate Icing on a White Cake. Does that make them Racist or just a business with policies? If it's Not on the menu and they say NO, then deal with it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If one company doesn't want your money, just go somewhere else. Problem solved! I think the baker's excuse is bogus, but hey, that's his prerogative and I don't eat there.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I feel obligated to go buy some damn cookies from them today and hand them out to the homeless. (while Oc'ing of course)

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    After seeing 2 different broadcast and reading a couple of news stories I think both sides misrepresented themselves. But it's still bogus. A business should have the right to refuse service to anyone they want and a customer should be free to shop somewhere else. Both sides need to use some common sense and get over all this diversity/pc crap. People are people, move along...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The fact of this whole story is that the male owner of the store didn't want to make the cupcakes, according to his taped version, because he didn't believe in their cause. That's his right. Now, as a business owner, he must understand that his beliefs have repercussions and those may be a refusal to purchase their cookies by those who do support that particular cause.

Even if they do not make special orders and that being their policy, he went on camera and said it was due to other reason(s) that he did not make the order. Either way, it's his right, just as it's their ability to go spread the story through the media. The result may be more or less sales, but only time will tell.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I feel obligated to go buy some damn cookies from them today and hand them out to the homeless. (while Oc'ing of course)

Why do you feel obligated? Did you support the business before this story came out? If you bring some to the range, I won't refuse them, just don't bring anything with rainbow's.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    In his 1948 book, Sexual Behavior in the Human Male, Alfred Kinsey shocked the world by announcing that 10% of the male population is gay. A 1993 Janus Report estimated that nine percent of men and five percent of women had more than "occasional" homosexual relationships. The 2000 U.S. Census Bureau found that homosexual couples constitute less than 1% of American households. The Family Research Report says "around 2-3% of men, and 2% of women, are homosexual or bisexual." The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force estimates three to eight percent of both sexes.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Why do you feel obligated? Did you support the business before this story came out? If you bring some to the range, I won't refuse them, just don't bring anything with rainbow's.

I feel obligated to support then for not rolling over to the media.

I should be there around 2 or so.:D

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Thank God and the Original Founders that we live in a Country
    where "WE" can make choices.

Wrong, right or indifferent, we choose our own destiny.

I would buy their cookies because they didn't cave to the media.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I feel obligated to support then for not rolling over to the media.

I should be there around 2 or so.:D

I would rather support them for making a great product, but we'll see if that is the case. I will be in the new bays at 2:00. I need to 'rehearse' some FNS drills. :D

You guys do know the guy is anti-guns, right? No, I don't know that, but what if that was the case? Would you still rush downtown to purchase his product, since he's such the media defeater? I'm not being tossed around by the wind of difference and indifference.

Last edited:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    A right to run your business the way you want. There is always someone who can and will make a big deal out of nothing. This is not a racial or a gay rights thing at all. This is a bakery for petes sake. That is all. If they only want to sell Orange cookies then so be it. Some people just want to complainn about something to stir some sh#t up cause they know they will have some followerers. :rolleyes:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Sound and fury, signifying nothing.

"Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
    To the last syllable of recorded time,
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more: it is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing."

Story told by an idiot?:dunno:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members