• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Would the case be different if the baker had been asked to make little cupcakes with swastikas on them? What about cupcakes with little religious or political slogans? What about cupcakes made to look like reproductive organs?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Would the case be different if the baker had been asked to make little cupcakes with swastikas on them? What about cupcakes with little religious or political slogans? What about cupcakes made to look like reproductive organs?

If it were an Islamic insignia, no, it wouldn't be any different. But that's another good example. If someone wanted Stars of David on their cupcakes and the proprietor supported the Palestinians, would the media provide the soapbox for the Jews to complain? I'm not holding my breath.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010

I don't think it'd matter because they don't sell cupcakes, they sell cookies.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana

You beat me to it, of course Nazi's are hardly on the "cusp of acceptance" :rolleyes:.

As long as they sell goods to the gay community there should not be a problem. If I was closer I'd buy something from them too just because they did not cave into the possibility that another protected class would be offended and whine, like they did, because the baker did not do what they wanted.

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I think my biggest gripe is that this kind of BS only ever goes one way. You'll never see a news story about a heterosexual couple going apesh1t because a homosexual photographer refused to photograph their wedding because he felt that it would be promoting the inequality of the marriage situation in America. I doubt they'd even go to the media, but if they did, it would get nowhere.

And why do you think he should have to provide a more politically correct reason for his choice?
    Didn't say he should. But owner #1 handled it correctly and professionally. #2 brought the issue up and made it an issue.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Didn't say he should. But owner #1 handled it correctly and professionally. #2 brought the issue up and made it an issue.
    Ah, but you did. By implying that only one way of handling this is correct.

Since when is making a decision based on one's principles incorrect and unprofessional?

It IS an issue apparently, and I'm trying to figure out why you presume to sit as judge and jury in the appropriateness of their choices.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    You guys do know the guy is anti-guns, right? No, I don't know that, but what if that was the case? Would you still rush downtown to purchase his product, since he's such the media defeater?
    Exactly this. My personal opinion is he should be able to do business with whoever he wants. And not do business with who he wants.

But, OMG...if he told anyone they had to take their gun out of his store...there would be 10 threads calling for an OC protest and a boycott.

His business...his rules. :twocents:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Coke, no Pepsi...oh, I mean

The cookies are good! I had chocolate chip, peanut butter, double chunky chocolate, and butter. :+1: to IndyMonkey for the range sweets! I will support the media for a idiotic story anytime I can get my sweet tooth satisfied. I'll bring something next time, since you don't eat cookies.

Last edited:

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That made me laugh so hard. :):

Go to a place called Just Cookies.
    Order cupcakes.

"Look around, we don't have cupcakes," said owner Lilly Stockton.

1285796904643.jpg

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    This^ I personally am now interested in buying their cookies when I never was before. I like people who put their principles ahead of the almighty dollar.

Joe

^^^^This^^^^

I don't even like cookies but thinking of any excuse to buy them for others now

Top Bottom