• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    My only regret is that I already had scheduled a shoot up in Wabash, so I can't be there to walk.

http://michaelzwilliamson.com/rants/guncontrol.php contains the entire list, over 1000 at this point. Do please pick whichever you think are funniest or most illustrative.

Do please include my name and current site. If there's room for a short bio:

(Williamson) is an immigrant from the UK and Canada, a 24 year veteran of the US Army and USAF. His books are available in bookstores world wide.

If you can spare a couple, I'd like them for archive afterward.

Thanks

Mike

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Tracy wrote:
    I am a printer in Indianapolis, IN and am part of an organized Open Carry walk through downtown Indianapolis.
    During our walk this Saturday, we are handing out literature, one being our statement of intent; another is the current state law on gun ownership.
    I would like to include the 40 reasons for Gun Control and wanted your permission to do so.
    This would be professionally printed, much like the attached letter, and wanted to know if you do give me permission, would you also like for me to place your name and website for reference?

Thank you,

Tracy

OK, now we need to pick the best of the best that we can fit nicely on 1 page ;)

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    My only regret is that I already had scheduled a shoot up in Wabash, so I can't be there to walk.

http://michaelzwilliamson.com/rants/guncontrol.php contains the entire list, over 1000 at this point. Do please pick whichever you think are funniest or most illustrative.

Do please include my name and current site. If there's room for a short bio:

(Williamson) is an immigrant from the UK and Canada, a 24 year veteran of the US Army and USAF. His books are available in bookstores world wide.

If you can spare a couple, I'd like them for archive afterward.

Thanks

Mike

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Tracy wrote:
    I am a printer in Indianapolis, IN and am part of an organized Open Carry walk through downtown Indianapolis.
    During our walk this Saturday, we are handing out literature, one being our statement of intent; another is the current state law on gun ownership.
    I would like to include the 40 reasons for Gun Control and wanted your permission to do so.
    This would be professionally printed, much like the attached letter, and wanted to know if you do give me permission, would you also like for me to place your name and website for reference?

Thank you,

Tracy

OK, now we need to pick the best of the best that we can fit nicely on 1 page ;)

Probably the same shoot I'll be at.

Edit: Oh, you were quoting Mike so, yeah, it will be the same shoot. ;)

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I emailed Mr. Volk. I'm not sure if the 40 Reasons came from Mike or not. From his page I'd say he lists more than 40 reasons... :):

If you want a fast response from Oleg Volk, I'd recommend setting up an account over on The High Road and PM'ing him. I don't know how quickly he responds to email, but he came back fast on my queries via PM.

Got SIG?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis
    As for printed materials, I know this is way late, but I came upon this article by Marko Kloos in the Dillon Blue Press magazine and I think it is excellent and addresses many public fears about guns and gun owners;

Why the Gun IS Civilization

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force.
    If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or compelling me to do your bidding under threat of force.
    Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception.
    Reason or force, that’s it. In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some. When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force.
    You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force.
    The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year-old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year-old gang banger, and a single gay guy on equal footing with carload of drunken guys with baseball bats.
    The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender. There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force equations.
    These are the people who think that we’d be more civilized if all guns were removed from society, because a firearm makes it easier for an armed mugger to do his job.
    That, of course, is only true if the mugger’s potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat – it has no validity when most of a mugger’s potential marks are armed.
    People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that’s the exact opposite of a civilized society.
    A mugger – even an armed one – can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly. Then there’s the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would “only” result in injury.
    This argument is fallacious in several ways.
    Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser.
    People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don’t constitute lethal force watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with a bloody lip, at worst.
    The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker.
    If both are armed, the field is level. The gun is the only weapon that’s as lethal in the hands of octogenarians it is in the hands of a weight lifter.
    It simply wouldn’t work as well as force equalizer if it weren’t both lethal and easily employable. When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I’m looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone.
    The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded.
    I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Please add a source and author and ask for permission and it may be doable. I'm not sure, you'd have to ask ATF.

I LOVE that article though! :D

Got SIG?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Permission granted for why the gun is civilization...

Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 6:10 AM
    To: GotSig?
    Subject: Re: Request to use your article: Why The Gun Is Civilization

James,

thanks for checking with me. I gladly give you permission to print and distribute the essay at the march. Good luck!

Best,

--Marko Kloos

On Sep 24, 2009 9:47pm, "James C. Wagner" <everests_daddy@comcast.net> wrote:
    >
    > Hello Marko,
    >
    > > You wrote an exceptional piece that I read in the Dillon Blue
    > Press a while ago: Why The Gun Is Civilization>
    >
    > This Saturday, the INGO (Indy Gun Owners: INGunOwners - Indiana Gun Owners Community) are conducting an
    > open carry walk to bring awareness to our right to keep and bear arms. I
    > would like to know if you would allow us to print copies of your article to include
    > in a hand out to concerned citizens as we walk. We will not have signs, or
    > any type of demonstration beyond the walk.
    >
    > I have attached the instructions I have received by the organizer
    > to give you a better feel for the walk.
    >
    > Thanks for the consideration of our request.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    >
    Got Sig?>
    > Courage is endurance for one moment more…>
    > Unknown Marine Second Lieutenant in Vietnam

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    How's this look?:D

whyguniscivil.png

Last edited:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    If we get permission, I can certainly add it :)

I also got permission to print the 40 reasons for Gun control, except now there are hundreds of them and need help identifying the best of the best to fit on 1 page...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...67-40_reasons_for_gun_control.html#post590447

any input on this one? I suppose I could make this one a two sided sheet if we can't fit them on 1 side.

I need help getting these selected for printing.

I guess if it comes down to it, I'll just use the first ones on the list that I can fit onto a 2 sided page and be done with it. ;)

guncontrolpage1.png

guncontrolpage2.png

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    any input on this one? I suppose I could make this one a two sided sheet if we can't fit them on 1 side.

I need help getting these selected for printing.

I guess if it comes down to it, I'll just use the first ones on the list that I can fit onto a 2 sided page and be done with it. ;)

Great job on the Guns page. Love it!

This one though... I'd say use your best judgement. I'd most likely pick the most harsh and home hitting ones and probably the one's that normal sheeple wouldn't understand. I'm gonna leave this up to the smarter folk on here.

:patriot::ingo:

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The only thing that concerns me is arming the antis with so much information. For example, they see a bunch of folks march, err, walking through the streets with long guns, read that there is absolutely no regulation or laws governing this and it won't be hard for someone in a powerful position to decide that there should be.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    The only thing that concerns me is arming the antis with so much information. For example, they see a bunch of folks march, err, walking through the streets with long guns, read that there is absolutely no regulation or laws governing this and it won't be hard for someone in a powerful position to decide that there should be.

Do you honestly think that there's anyone in a powerful position, who is opposed to guns, who doesn't know that? As I wrote to Andre Carson after he blew me off on a letter regarding gun control:

Thank you very much for your thoughts concerning gun control. I will keep your thoughts in mind when I vote in 2010.

You see, a person in your position cannot be ignorant of the facts unless he is willfully so.

A person in your position cannot help but know that there is a strong positive correlation between "gun control" and violent crime--the more "gun control," the more violent crime.

A person in your position cannot help but know that the foreign examples of low crime or low gun crime had their low crime even before they enacted gun control legislation, and the trend has been for crime to increase after gun control is enacted.

A person in your position cannot help but know that India's severe gun control, amounting to an outright ban for all practical purposes, did not stop the terrorists from obtaining guns and killing large numbers of people with them. That "gun control" only ensured that the victims could not fight back.

A person in your position cannot help but know that every time easing the infringement on the right to keep and bear arms is proposed (as, for instance, when a State proposes "shall issue" on handgun licenses) the predictions of "blood in the streets" are made, but every time the easing actually happens, the predictions fail to come true.

A person in your position cannot help but know that, for stated purpose of reducing individual risk of violent crime, gun control does not work.

Since you cannot help but know these things, I have to presume that there are other reasons for your stated position in favor of "strong restrictions" on guns.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Do not be afraid of such things! For every one of them there are 3 of us! When they try to argue for laws over this we go counter their arguement. We show up at city hall meetings. We show up at State Congressional meetings. Town hall meetings. We count with logic and fact and their points become moot. We'll find out who's REALLY on our side and who is really willing to commit to freedom then. Doing things like this is only for the benefit of the people. It's showing up for the law-making meetings that change or progress is made or stopped.

:patriot:

Top Bottom