• Status
    Not open for further replies.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    EVERYONE IS INVITED! YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A MEMBER OF MCFG TO PARTICIPATE!

Ok guys, there seems to be enough interest to have a very successful AR15 building party. Pending board approval at MCFG, we are going to go ahead and plan this thing for Sunday, December 14 2008 at 2:00 pm. The location of this is going to be the Marion County Fish and Game association. The club is located just outside Speedway, IN on Crawfordsville road. Check out the website (Marion County Fish and Game Association, Indianapolis, Indiana) for directions.

Please post here if you are planning on attending, and post what tools you can bring, if you are going to be building, or if you are just going to watch and learn.

Now for the rules. There are only 2 rules. The first is that there is to be NO AMMUNITION in the clubhouse during this build. This is a safety issue, as well as an adherence to MCFG range rules. With the exception of .22lr, AR chamberings are not acceptable calibers to be fired on MCFG property. The second rule is simply to have fun!

If you guys have any questions, please ask.

Now for the attendees:

VUPDblue- Nick
    Bigcraig-Craig
    Don-Don
    Shooter521-Mark
    Ashylarry-Nick
    Slacker-Zac
    Bruenor-Jason
    White_Wolfe
    USMC_0311-Jon
    ATM-Allan
    Curaheeguns-Corey
    Jblomenberg16-
    Huawilso-Andy
    Strongcrow-Jack
    MRW-
    Brown Trix-Jim
    Clay-
    Newg-Brad
    10Ring-
    SavageEagle-Ryan
    IndyParts=Rick
    Panama-
    Kedie-
    Bwframe-Burl
    Techres-

Last edited:

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    I will mark the date now. I really dont have any of the specialty tools, but I do have a buffer tube wrench, punches, small non brass hammer, and other common tools that I could bring just the have "an extra set around".

I could help a little as Ive put together 2 lowers now. and could bring some finished product to look at.

Will there be vices available to people who might be wanting to put uppers together?

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I think someone *cough, Caspian, cough* said something about a vise. I'll bring a small table mounted vise to hold lowers, but it's not strong enough to assemble an upper.

As for tools, I have vise mounts for lowers and both kinds of uppers, armorer's wrenches, punches and hammers.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I'll plan on being there, but since my wife is due on the 28th and may go early, so I may not be able to attend. If not, I'll come to the next one.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I will be there....need to check what time colts play. Bringing 1 stripped lower, LPK, and butstock assembly. I have no tools, yet.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I will try and be there for moral support and bring all my build tools.

(Actually, I think I have enough parts to build a lower in the spares bin.):)

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Too bad we can't shoot our shiny new AR's at MC F&G, but it will be great having help and tools available for building.

I ordered the rest of my part tonight for a 16" flattop :)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Too bad we can't shoot our shiny new AR's at MC F&G, but it will be great having help and tools available for building.

Just a thought here. . . . . but what if someone brought a Ceiner kit?? Then you could test shoot it. . . right Nick??

Ok, you may all continue now. . .

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Here's the deal on the Ciener Kits. Members of the club would be free to shoot their .22lr's on the range, provided they sign in and out each time they go to the line. Non members would have to be accompanied by a member, and pay the $5 guest fee. The problem would be if there are more non members than members, as each member is only allowed to bring one guest. That's how I take the rules to read. In order to keep it simple and safe, though, I would probably ask that there be no shooting until after the party. At which time members would be on their own to shoot and they could then bring a guest if they wished. Remember, this is a build party, not a shooting party.

I'm going to wait until a board member reads this post and chimes-in with their thoughts, though as I know they are reading this thread... I'd like to get an official ruling before I make any definite decisions.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'll pencil it in. I'm down in Seymour, but looks like this might be a good chance for help putting my new kit together. There are two key variables...if I have my kit by then (Hope so) and what My wife and daughter have planned that day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom