• Status
    Not open for further replies.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I'll pencil it in. I'm down in Seymour, but looks like this might be a good chance for help putting my new kit together. There are two key variables...if I have my kit by then (Hope so) and what My wife and daughter have planned that day.

dude, it's 6 weeks out. write it down on the calendar NOW!!!

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    I'm in for this. I have all basic handtools and a new AR-15 combo wrench. I also am a member of the club. Mine are all built, but I am in for the learning experience. Thanks for this Nick.:thumbsup:

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Just to let you know, the date is a definite go (was approved by the board) and the time is set. The times will be from 2:00pm until 6:00pm on December 14, 2008.

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I'll be there, I'm a member too in case your keeping track of the member to non-member ratio.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Im interested in going. Maybe Ill even have a lower by then ;) Ill mark it down, but depending on what the wifey and my son have going on will determine my status.

Newg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Westside of Indy.
    Nick,
    I wouldn't worry about the member to non-member ratio for this event. I would say that after everyone is done building they can shoot if they have a .22 conversion kit. Provided the guests have paid their fees, signed in, follow club rules and they have the appropriate safety gear. Normally our public events do not follow the 1 guest to 1 member ratio. Also, I like the "no shooting by build party attendees until after the build" rule. This will help insure that no ammo makes it into the clubhouse during the build. I look forward to having everyone out to the club! Thanks for organizing this Nick.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Hey, I'm here to help!

I hope to have all the parts for the rifle that I am going to build by then, but it is not looking good. So far I've got the lower, upper, and LPK. I'm still deciding on a stock and handguard, and I'm at the mercy of Lothar-Walther and Spike's Tactical on the barrel. They've been telling me 2 weeks for the last 6!

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Well, I just may be able to finish this thing at the party after all! I found this, which is just what I am after!

22LR20vss.gif

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Got the date marked and I'll be attending. Got a lower, LPK and buttstock assembly. Probably have some tools, but not sure what to bring. I wish I had an upper to go with my lower, but no one wants to trade my truck for an upper! LOL I made sure my wife wouldn't have any plans for this day. Even if she did it would be in the morning so it's ok. :D

Thanks for organizing this!

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Good News!

We will have a dealer/facillitator on hand for this! This morning while picking up our TopSecret group buy product, Brad from Civilian Defense Co. agreed to attend the build party! It looks like he will bring some tools and some LPKs and small parts just in case someone needs to purchase any last minute supplies. This is just going to be really cool!

I'm gonna start a member list in the opening post of this thread for those who will be attending. I'll gather the info from those who posted in this thread already, but if you plan on attending and haven't posted, either post with your intentions or PM me and I'll add you to the list. If you don't post or PM me, you are still welcome, I just thought it would be nice to get a rough idea of attendees.

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I like Brad. He does my transfers for me. The lower I'm bringing to the party I bought from him last Jan.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Well if you are waiting on lowers from this group buy. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...g_lower_group_buy_-_paid_list.html#post156784

He just placed the order today and said it would take 10 weeks for the first case of 24. This puts me without a lower for the group build. I don't know how many people this effects but I hope there is enough so that this still happens. I have an AR that I wanted to replace a couple of things so I could bring that one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom