• ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Did some snow shoveling to tidy things up a bit before the next snow shower. I'm going to say that counts for cardio and weights for today.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Played some raquetball today with 96firephoenix. He beat me in all three games, but I used muscles I hadn't used in quite a while.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Good to hear some stories of success. I feel like I've been stuck taking 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

I've been more active, getting up early to stretch and do some push ups. I've also been walking 1-2 miles a day on my lunch break (even in the bitter cold). The problem is getting to the gym consistently after work.

I've only been averaging 2-3 days a week, and when I get there I don't seem to have a plan, so I sort of float around and wind up riding the bike.

I've also been eating better during the week, but weekends have been tough.

The good news is, I see where my weak spots are, so I can work on them. I also plan to start a weightlifting schedule, so I have a plan when I hit the gym. Now I just need to get past the intimidation factor of the free weights and the huge dudes using them.

Does your gym have personal trainers? I'd recommend buying 3 half hour sessions. It'll give you a good feel for what a complete workout is. Then ask for a work out plan that you can do on your own. The trainers at my gym do that all the time, good luck!

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    First time I had seen the thread.

Ok I used to lift weights with football then really got into weightlifting. When i was in high school i was overweight. I lost weight after my first break up and then discoverd i gained muscle pretty well. got into rodeo in college and was too tired to bodybuild after roping calves and wrestling steers. So that was 1997 the last time I seriously weight lifted. I got back into it in may of this year. I was 360lbs when I started and could bench about 250. I how weight 323 and everyone notices i lost weight but dont know my bodyfat percent. I have my bench running about 305 now.

With all the crap going on i figure in addition to shooting and prepping being in good shape ( for the shape i am in is important) I have not totally changed my diet. I still eat pizza and mcdonalds. I cut out candy, cakes and so forth except ocassioanlly. I do drink two protein shakes per day that help.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Cardio, chest, and core today. Went the extra mile today. It's amazing what eye candy allows your body to do!:whistle:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Myself and the lovely Mrs. Littletommy registered for our first 5K, which takes place mid April here in Southern Indiana. Hopefully the weather breaks by then. The one we're doing is part road, part trail, which is similar to the 5K route we have marked out here by the house, so I'm not looking for too much problem in doing it, just would like to get out and do some outdoor running/walking beforehand.

I also cut some thick wall aluminum tubing at work and built a small but very stable contraption to do dips on, so I can now do my normal amount of those at work, and free up home time to do more pushups.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I did about .75 of a mile this morning in the snow. I wanted to get a few pics and also try out a few new items I've picked up lately, so I headed down the river trail, no other people tracks, but lot's of deer and rabbit tracks. I'll post my gear reviews over in the "what have you done this week to prep" thread.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Anyone using those kind of pushups handles?
    Any benefit over doing them without the handles?

pushup-bars1.jpg

I heard I it's better for your wrist but since I can do pushups on my fists I dont see the point. :dunno:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My brother-in-law has had a set for a couple years. His physique is not near this guy's. He said he liked them. I tried them. I was not impressed. It was awkward with the twisting and I really didn't twist that much. It was kind of jerky in the twist too. Plus, all the pressure on your hand rests solely over the handles as compared to spread out. They are an odd size and do not break down either. If wrist problems are the main thing, I'd just spend $ on some wrist straps to brace your wrists.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    My brother-in-law has had a set for a couple years. His physique is not near this guy's. He said he liked them. I tried them. I was not impressed. It was awkward with the twisting and I really didn't twist that much. It was kind of jerky in the twist too. Plus, all the pressure on your hand rests solely over the handles as compared to spread out. They are an odd size and do not break down either. If wrist problems are the main thing, I'd just spend $ on some wrist straps to brace your wrists.

I think some handles also allow you to go down farther and have a greater range of motion.Not sure.
    Looks to me like a good excuse not to do your pushups when you dont have the handles with you. :):

The beauty of pushups if that you can do them anywhere even when you're away from any gym equipement.

DanSwanky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Springfield
    I think some handles also allow you to go down farther and have a greater range of motion.Not sure.
    Looks to me like a good excuse not to do your pushups when you dont have the handles with you. :):

The beauty of pushups if that you can do them anywhere even when you're away from any gym equipement.

pushuplady.jpg

Like this?

Top Bottom