• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Anyone using those kind of pushups handles?
    Any benefit over doing them without the handles?

pushup-bars1.jpg

I heard I it's better for your wrist but since I can do pushups on my fists I dont see the point. :dunno:

We have a pair at our gym that sit on the shelf. I've never seen anyone use them in the 6 years I've been a member there. :dunno:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have a set of those around here somewhere, I bought em several years ago, found em at goodwill I think, for around $5. I used them a few times when I first got em, but I wasn't really into doing pushups then. I've been doing 350-450 a day lately, so maybe I'll get em out and try em and report here.

I also ordered a Black Mountain heavy duty dip station from Amazon, I love doing those, and as I posted earlier, I built one to use at work (my back kills me at work, doing dips provides immediate relief). I'm looking forward to it getting here.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I have a set of those around here somewhere, I bought em several years ago, found em at goodwill I think, for around $5. I used them a few times when I first got em, but I wasn't really into doing pushups then. I've been doing 350-450 a day lately, so maybe I'll get em out and try em and report here.

I also ordered a Black Mountain heavy duty dip station from Amazon, I love doing those, and as I posted earlier, I built one to use at work (my back kills me at work, doing dips provides immediate relief). I'm looking forward to it getting here.

450 a day is impressive. :faint:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Anyone using those kind of pushups handles?
    Any benefit over doing them without the handles?

pushup-bars1.jpg

I heard I it's better for your wrist but since I can do pushups on my fists I dont see the point. :dunno:

I injured my wrist many years ago and I don't like to do pushups "flat-handed". I've used those "handle" things and they do help keep my wrists straight (although the guy in the pic isn't), but I didn't like the way they were made to swivel.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It took me quite a while to work back up to that, never really thought I'd get there. My goal is 500 at least one day a week. :yesway:

I did 300 this morning.

I injured my wrist many years ago and I don't like to do pushups "flat-handed". I've used those "handle" things and they do help keep my wrists straight (although the guy in the pic isn't), but I didn't like the way they were made to swivel.

I dont this the benefits of those handles compared to doing push ups on your fists where you can have your wrists straight . :dunno:

Plus doing them on your fists is great for martial art training as well.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Seems like you could injure your wrists if they flex while they are bearing weight.

Yes it's easy to injure yourself if you dont do it right or are not used to doing pushups.But when you're used to it your wrists get stronger and you're less likely to get injured (when doing pushups or punching someone).
    It's also a good way to strengthen your knuckles when you do the pushups on a hard surface.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yes it's easy to injure yourself if you dont do it right or are not used to doing pushups.But when you're used to it your wrists get stronger and you're less likely to get injured (when doing pushups or punching someone).
    It's also a good way to strengthen your knuckles when you do the pushups on a hard surface.

Yeah, so it seems like it might be better to do them your way on the fists rather that with the handle things.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You can also injure yourself if you dont use the right knuckles.

1752987.jpg

When you master regular push ups and knuckle pushups you can also move to back of the hand push ups.
    It's a great way to gain flexibility and strenght in your wrists.

676517-PunjabYouthFestival-1393436075-432-640x480.JPG

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yeah, so it seems like it might be better to do them your way on the fists rather that with the handle things.

Also like BingBoxaJunk said, the model on the picture is not using the handle correctly.His wrists are not locked so it's just like doing them on his palm.:dunno:
    So you could injure yourself thinking that the handles are safer instead of using good form on your fists.

Top Bottom