• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I took a nice hobo walk yesterday. There is a set of train tracks near my apartment complex that are rarely used, so I walked the rails down to the local library and back.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Just don't try crossing any long bridges or the engine will have a new hood ornament.

Ha. No bridges. Plenty of room on either side so if I have to bail it's just two steps over. And no I don't wear headphones or play on my cell phone, so I would actually hear the train a comin'.

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    I wear head phones when I run but I do so mostly on side walks I make sure I'm very aware of my surroundings. I live near perdue and I always see people crossing the highway eyeball deep in their phones walking out in front of traffic. Headphones is one thing as long as you stay aware. My daughter dose the same thing she starts walking with her Nintendo ds in front of her face and I jump her butt about it.

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    I want to know what motivates you to work out, exercise, go to the gym.... What ever you want to call it. My motivation is that I have to keep with the military standards for PT until I retire from the National Guard and my Federal Technician job which has thesame physical fitness standards as the NG. But it goes beyond that when I do my PT test what runs through my mind is my family relies in me to support them so if I fail this test I lose my job I lose my job I can't support my family.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    My motivation is that I am tired of being a squishy bastard. I am tired of wearing clothes that never quite fit right. I also realized that being fit and increasing my stamina it's one of the best preps I can make.

I wouldn't say that I'm fat, just that I've gotten overweight and lazy over the years and I had been putting very little thought into what or how much I've been eating.

I also tend to have very little patience, so in the past I have been quick to get off track when I didn't see results right away. I hope I am finally over the hump and fully committed.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I want to know what motivates you to work out, exercise, go to the gym.... What ever you want to call it. My motivation is that I have to keep with the military standards for PT until I retire from the National Guard and my Federal Technician job which has thesame physical fitness standards as the NG. But it goes beyond that when I do my PT test what runs through my mind is my family relies in me to support them so if I fail this test I lose my job I lose my job I can't support my family.
    I am active in most of my hobbies (snow skiing, water skiing, basketball, golf, etc.). I need to stay in pretty good shape to participate in these activities the way I want too. Staying toned also helps with my options to CC AIWB and IWB. I also do it for my health as I watch other's lives deteriorate and want a better quality of life. I like the way it makes me look and feel.

I had a stretch a few years ago where I was injured then was ill. I started to let myself go and hated the feeling. I got a wake up call from a blood test that my BP and cholesterol spiked (I suspect the AYCE chicken wings the night before didn't help this). Plus, I knew it was time to get back on track when I was huffing and puffing walking up a set of stairs at Bass Pro. I remember thinking that this was ridiculous and unacceptable by my standards.

Last edited:

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    Along with my previous comment how do you guys work out or what do you call your fitness routine? I have a little gym at work that every other day we are authorized 1 hour of PT on the clock. So i usaly go stretch for 5min or so do a set of dips and then here recently I have been doing over head press and very high reps on bench like I set of 50 with 115lbs working on 160lbs for 50 in a row. And dead lifts do a few sets and work my way up to my max and since its nicer out I'm going to start running out side for 30-45 min also I do a lot of body weight exercise s and we have this big tire at work like 5-6 foot tall I flip 10-20 times in a row. I need to get more motivated on my sit-ups and run though.

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    I for got to through this in my last post. I also got a membership to planet fitness I go once or twice week to make up for when I feel lazy at the gym at work plus I can take my wife for free and the hydro massage table is the best. Like a bunch of tiny Asian s jumping up and down on your back lol

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Along with my previous comment how do you guys work out or what do you call your fitness routine? I have a little gym at work that every other day we are authorized 1 hour of PT on the clock. So i usaly go stretch for 5min or so do a set of dips and then here recently I have been doing over head press and very high reps on bench like I set of 50 with 115lbs working on 160lbs for 50 in a row. And dead lifts do a few sets and work my way up to my max and since its nicer out I'm going to start running out side for 30-45 min also I do a lot of body weight exercise s and we have this big tire at work like 5-6 foot tall I flip 10-20 times in a row. I need to get more motivated on my sit-ups and run though.
    My routines are motivated mainly by what I am preparing for. This also changes things up routinely. Preparing for ski season is more heavily geared toward legs and core. Golf and hitting the beach turns toward arms, back, and upper body. This helps keep things fresh. I mentally plan out my week (baring injuries and unforeseen circumstances) and adjust accordingly. I also have a massage once a month (hydrate night before, day of, day after as well as take that day off). This also helps me to bust a** the day and/or 2 days before knowing she is going to fix it.

Cardio and core are boring for me. Fortunately there are a ton of different exercises online to keep core training fresh. Cardio...well, setting goals and a fresh set of tunes in the headset helps, but ultimately I just suck it up and wait for that endorphin release.

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    So today was a bust a** day knowing my massage was tomorrow. Aaaand I got a text saying she sprained/broke her ankle on the stairs. Weird that this exact thing happened to a friend 4 days ago where she broke her ankle. I told her, if she were a guy, I'd tell her to rub some dirt on it and walk it off. We laughed,but seriously I hope for her sake it's just a sprain. Now I sit here extra sore and wait on an a.m. text to see if I have an appointment or not...I'm not holding my breath.

So, do I resume at the gym as usual and push through it...probably.

Deathmagnetgt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    New Albany
    This seems like a cool idea, I'll join in on this.

Started working out and trying the Paleo diet. So far I've lost 9 pounds in the last two weeks. If anyone lives in southern Indiana and wants to workout hit me up. Im always in need of some motivation, wife doesn't help much lol.

P.S. I live in New Albany/Floyds Knobs area and workout at Planet Fitness on Grantline.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Worked out with my PT again last night. One more left on my package from the Y. That will be Saturday. I think I will go ahead and buy another package - its worth it to get together with him 1-2 times avery 10 days or so and then try to do some things on my own at home. Waiting for the warmer weather so i can get outside, too!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I was hoping to get my bicycle out last night. But the wind was 20mph where I live. No way I was riding in that crap. Instead, I lifted and swung some kettle bells.
    I'm hoping to wind isn't as strong today, but I may go out for a run.

Top Bottom