• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Again, there is no disagreement, just another point of view. Thanks for point #3. I forgot there wouldn't be a jury in this matter.

BTW The prosacutor of Hamilton County is D. Lee Buckingham II, who was a deputy prosacutor under the inept Sonia Kleerkamp.

Seems some things never change.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    I'm not sure what logic you used to reach your "100 wrong" determination, but I was not aware of what the officer said or his desire to to have Liberty's LTCH revoked. However, I came from a different approach in order to interject another point of view, as this is what occurs in mature conversation.

I'm presenting a viewpoint strictly from the information provided in this thread and what inference could possibly derive from a cop letting another cop "off" for "allegedly" illegally discharging a firearm in Carmel. Now, someone could, and most likely would, scream the police are corrupt and "If that were me... "

Say what you will, but I stand by my words and I stand by Liberty and continue to pray he is vindicated and the CPD is made to extend an apology to a man who served his community in the way he did.

Q, I am not attacking you. The officer was 100% wrong, and you are trying to defend him. That makes you 100% wrong.

There was and should have been an investigation. The conclusion based on the facts should have been a finding of no wrong doing and no citation.
    The officer was wrong because his own statement said that he "felt" that the dogs were not aggressive.

Who cares how he "felt". He was not there. LS had to make a split second decision.

If the LEO does the wrong thing, then the prosecuter does the wrong thing, and the judge ends up doing the wrong thing, where does it end?

When faced with BS, we have to call it out for what it is... BS

I know alot of people in Carmel. They all tell me the same thing. There is something different about dealing with CPD. They love to write tickets and they have alot of attitude.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Q, I am not attacking you. The officer was 100% wrong, and you are trying to defend him. That makes you 100% wrong.

There was and should have been an investigation. The conclusion based on the facts should have been a finding of no wrong doing and no citation.
    The officer was wrong because his own statement said that he "felt" that the dogs were not aggressive.

Who cares how he "felt". He was not there. LS had to make a split second decision.

If the LEO does the wrong thing, then the prosecuter does the wrong thing, and the judge ends up doing the wrong thing, where does it end?

When faced with BS, we have to call it out for what it is... BS

I know alot of people in Carmel. They all tell me the same thing. There is something different about dealing with CPD. They love to write tickets and they have alot of attitude.

Patton, if you want to be right, please go ahead. I'm not defending the officer, per se! I am simply noting the fact that I've seen LEO's get put through the ringer on this forum for all kinds of things. So, is it beyond reasonable consideration that if the officer would have done nothing some people would have said he was showing deference to a fellow officer? While conversely, if the person was a normal everyday citizen, they would have been arrested?

I don't live in Carmel and have no friends who live in Carmel. I have no information about the relationship the department has with the public. Again, I am only considering the information provided in the OP. I'm not defending anything the officer did. I'm examining the thought process that could be in action and that is all I am doing.

Besides, were you there? No disrespect to Liberty in any way, but how do you absolutely know, beyond any doubt that he didn't say or do something that he is not telling us. I'm definitely not insinuating that is the case, but unless you can at least tell me you have a personal relationship with the man, beyond forum conversations, you have no idea what his character really is. Now, we have no reason to doubt him and should show him some deference and moral support.

I'm just not a bandwagon kind of guy and if that is a bad thing, I'm sorry. But, I don't enter the fray on word of mouth and without knowing the facts.

Liberty, according to what you say, I think this whole thing is crazy and I hope it's over soon and all works together for you good.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    A number of INGOers are going to be there to support Epic 'Stache Man. Join us.

Mon, January 24, 1:30pm – 3:00pm
    Where: 1 Civic Square, Carmel, IN

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    A number of INGOers are going to be there to support Epic 'Stache Man. Join us.

Mon, January 24, 1:30pm – 3:00pm
    Where: 1 Civic Square, Carmel, IN

Chris Profitt from WTHR, while we were chatting after the interview, asked me about my degree of tonsorial splendor as he had never seen a retired flatfoot who was quite so hirsute. I explained that I was a cowboy action shooter and my appearance was part of my persona.

The video guy had heard of the sport, but it was brand new to Profitt. I described it to him and showed him some pictures. He was intrigued.

The long and the short of it is he asked if he can come out to the club and do a story on us. I have his e-mail address and as soon as Spring comes we're going to get together and arrange for him to attend a shoot.

It will be another opportunity to show the public that we're not a bunch of nutjobs, despite what Carmel PD thinks of us.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    cops screwed up big time in this one
    -1000000000 to the cops... -1000000000 to the prosecutor
    is there no real crime in carmel??? looks like they got some extra cops up there they can let go and make life easier on the taxpayers... they can start with that horner loser
    and,,,nooooo,,,, reporter,,,,thomas doesnt plead his case,,,the state has to PROVE its case....
    does nobody in america remember what its supposed to be like???

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Anybody wonder whatever happened to common sense? Why bother charging Liberty?

The situation turned out okay, it doesn't sound like the shot was reckless and everyone (and animals) lived for another day.

Good luck with your court hearing.

maybe the cops are upset Liberty didnt kill a dog???

jarrell and rambone give us frequent stories of cop puppycides

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    Liberty I'm sorry I won't be there. This is such BS. I'm glad there is a group going to show support. So what if you had hit the dog but not killed it? Still would be charged? According to the officer you MUST kill the dog if attacked. I thought we didn't shoot to kill rather shoot to stop the threat. You shot. Threat stopped. End.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Just got a bit of good news. Two of my neighbors (a minister and his wife) saw me on TV. Like me they walk for exercise past the dog's house and have seen how they act when strangers pass by and are scared silly of them. They support me 100% in what I did.

They have volunteered to testify in my defense that the dogs are definitely dangerous.

I can't wait to see the "officer" try to call them liars.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Anybody wonder whatever happened to common sense? Why bother charging Liberty?

The situation turned out okay, it doesn't sound like the shot was reckless and everyone (and animals) lived for another day.

Good luck with your court hearing.

the cop was wearing his superman cape that day and thought he was saving the world and would get a promotion. always BEWARE of the guy that stands to profit from your misfortune.

Law enforcement, courts, prisons, is a big money business and if you stand in the way of their money you will be the one mowed down. they dont realy want less crime because that would mean less money. maybe your average beat cop wants less crime, but the higher ups know exactly whats going on.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Just got a bit of good news. Two of my neighbors (a minister and his wife) saw me on TV. Like me they walk for exercise past the dog's house and have seen how they act when strangers pass by and are scared silly of them. They support me 100% in what I did.

They have volunteered to testify in my defense that the dogs are definitely dangerous.

Hey, that's great news. Will your supporters be made to stand outside or can we enter the proceedings?

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010

I have had a lot of time in court, civil not criminal. (I used to own rental houses) Anyway, my point is, a picture or video is worth 10,000 words in court.

A little video of these dogs being themselves might help if your lawyer can get in introduced into evidence. Just a thought.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I don't understand why situations like this continue. The man was attacked, he protected himself, was a good neighbor, and they Carmel still wants to press the issue? What a foolish waste of taxpayer money and government time.
    I hope common sense prevails and everything turns out for you Liberty.

Common Sense is the most uncommon resourse on earth today!

Best of luck to you Liberty! I hope someone along this line starts to see the light.

You guys are so silly. Did you not know that common sense is being replaced with zero tolerance? You think things are getting bad now. Wait until the current middle/high school kids get out into the world and become LE. By that time they will have had years of zero tolerance training.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    You guys are so silly. Did you not know that common sense is being replaced with zero tolerance? You think things are getting bad now. Wait until the current middle/high school kids get out into the world and become LE. By that time they will have had years of zero tolerance training.

That don't bother me none......They've all learned to shoot from Snoop Dog and Fitty. They won't be able to see anything once the first expended casing hits their eyes. :D

Top Bottom