• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jonkertb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Putnam County
    I've got the 13th marked....now I'm looking for a good deal on an SKS....guess I'm leaning towards a Russian or Yugo but we'll see what comes up...have to travel to Columbus OH this weekend...there's a big Gander near Dayton...will stop and see what they have...anyplace else to look guys?

tom

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I've got the 13th marked....now I'm looking for a good deal on an SKS....guess I'm leaning towards a Russian or Yugo but we'll see what comes up...have to travel to Columbus OH this weekend...there's a big Gander near Dayton...will stop and see what they have...anyplace else to look guys?

tom

Wherever you go, don't pay more than $250. A Russian may be worth a bit more, but that seems to be the price these days.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Especially for a Yugo. They're the bottom of the barrel SKS even if they do have a stupid grenade launcher. :dunno:

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    I saw one today at Bradis, it had a scope mounted and something else, not a good but worth a try. I paid $100 about 15yrs ago, wish I had bought cases of ammo then.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Please tell me you didn't pay the 300 and something they wanted for that. The scope will never hold zero. That's why I built mine the way I did. I just need a Red dot now. Those receiver cover mounts will hold zero for maybe one clip and then it's bye bye. I'm pretty sure the scope was a cheapy too.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Please tell me you didn't pay the 300 and something they wanted for that. The scope will never hold zero. That's why I built mine the way I did. I just need a Red dot now. Those receiver cover mounts will hold zero for maybe one clip and then it's bye bye. I'm pretty sure the scope was a cheapy too.

I saw that. I don't think it looks very good, nor is it a good deal.

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    never been to an ingo event before... dont have an sks either... still might show up with my AK and a few other guns and a can of 7.62x39 though.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Sounds good man! :thumbsup:

So 38, we have a count of how many's coming?

Also, if anyone's in the Plainfield area or driving through and wants to carpool, my truck is extended cab and has plenty room for 3 people and a ton of gear. I could hold 5 guys, but I don't figure anyone wants to sit on someone else or be sat on... :): There's enough room, but you know. :D All I ask is to chip in on gas.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Guess I haven't bothered counting. as it's generally "I'm going to try to make it". Hopefully I'll have enough room to accommodate vehicles. Carpooling is always helpful!

Also, bring seats if you'd like as there isn't seating in the woods :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Guess I haven't bothered counting. as it's generally "I'm going to try to make it". Hopefully I'll have enough room to accommodate vehicles. Carpooling is always helpful!

Also, bring seats if you'd like as there isn't seating in the woods :D

As I did last time, I'll bring some metal folding seats with me again. I also have a BUNCH of plastic bottles to shoot at if you something we can mount them on.

Also, what will we have to use as target stands? I have some cardboard I can bring if someone has some stands. My old baby gate/target stand got a lot of use last summer and was decimated so I have no stands. :):

And lastly, JUST IN CASE, if someone wants to bring shelter tent of some kind like we had last time. Since this will be march and winter just isn't going away I'm counting on rain or snow regardless. We might want something to cover the targets not in use, the guns, and any food we may have.

I don't mind standing in some rain shooting but unless you want to stay dry while you shoot, you may want two shelters. I do have a medium size picnic table cover we can lay out to lay guns on if no one brings a table although I really think a good folding table would be good.

Just trying to plan ahead. ;)

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I'm looking into making one of the cheap PVC target stands (or several) and having it set up a bit better this time. I'll have to see about a canopy cover. Last I checked they were $100+.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I will bring some cool stuff to shoot at :ar15:, and I have a HUGE tarp in my truck, if someone can bring a roll of clothesline to tie it up with?

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    I have a HUGE tarp in my truck, if someone can bring a roll of clothesline to tie it up with?

ive got plenty of paracord if that will work.. also have one of those pop up shelters, as well as several pads of paper targets... however I will be coming home from new york that morning so im not sure when ill be able to make it down there.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I do have some utility rope in my BoB, but not enough for a full size tarp. That and I don't think there's enough trees to tie to in the area we'll be shooting in. If I remember correctly, there's only 4-5 trees and they're pretty spread apart... Let me check the pics to see if I can show you the area...

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    In the background is the area where we shot pistols at. There's a good sized hill behind us so no worries about stray's unless you shoot into the air... :):

INGOSKSShoot013.jpg

Picture of the other side of where we were shooting rifles. Can't really see much, but the vehicles were parked just left off camera.

INGOSKSShoot025.jpg

This was the "rifle range" we were shooting down...

INGOSKSShoot015.jpg

"shooting bench" just to the left of the "rifle range" with a spot to set rifles just behind it...

INGOSKSShoot008.jpg

facing away from the "rifle range", this was just back and to the left of the erected shelter and the "pistol range" was just off to the left...

INGOSKSShoot007.jpg

Pile of stuff just to the left of the last picture with the pistol range in the background...

INGOSKSShoot005.jpg

Good picture of the "range" just after arrival to discuss setup and bs about odds and ends...

INGOSKSShoot001.jpg

Good new-found friends enjoying bayonet skewered, fire roasted hot dogs... :D

INGOSKSShoot026.jpg

And here's me having just a little too much fun (nah, no such thing :D) trying to shoot a hanging rope... :):

(click to view on photobucket)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom