• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I have owned a P-32, a 9-11 and a PF-9, all were great guns with more than adequate accuracy and flawless functioning. My PF-9 is the only one I still have and it has really spoiled me with it's excellent trigger for a small DAO auto, feels like a tuned K-frame S&W. I also am really liking the 22 conversion I bought for it...cheap to shoot and fun as well. I have also shot several of the Sub 2000's and while not a favorite rifle they work very well and ringing a 12 inch gong at 100 yards is very easy with the iron sights.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Central IN
    I have a little more time let me give more detail. I have owned 2 PLR-16's great, fun to shoot, flawless functioning. I have owned a P-32 no problems good gun. I have owned a P-3AT lots of trouble from my experince and that of friends who have owned them it is 50/50. I own Sub-2000 Glock mags 9mm great gun very accurate. I own a PMR 30.........30 rounds 22mag AWESOME....... but gun has had several problems...FTF....FTE.....will not always go into battery. I have not given up hope yet and have not had time to contact Kel Tec yet but will soon. I have learned if it is clean and the mags are loaded perfect (which is not easy I must say) it will give me 25 to 35 rounds before problems start. Anyway another thread altogether. Just my :twocents:.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    If the P11 had a semi decent trigger it would be the best selling handgun of all time. It is small, easy to carry and moderate hard to shoot.( because of a horrible trigger) The trigger is the worst I have every shot. Gosh the trigger is bad. Besides the nasty trigger I love the P11.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Kahr vs Keltec isn't a very fair comparison. Kahr is much more $ and quite a bit better in most areas. The Keltec is less $ and functions fine. If the trigger is important to you get the Kahr. Keltec triggers are pretty bad.

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    I love them

I bought my wife a p3at and I can't get away from it I am always wanting to borrow it because it is so easy to conceal. I also bought one for my son from a ingo member for his birth day now I don't have to borrow my wifes any more I just borrow my son's LOL.:koolaid: go ahead and drink the koolaid.

NDgolfer13

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Avon
    Kahr vs Keltec isn't a very fair comparison. Kahr is much more $ and quite a bit better in most areas. The Keltec is less $ and functions fine. If the trigger is important to you get the Kahr. Keltec triggers are pretty bad.

Thanks for the info. I think trigger operation is important in hoe the gun actually does it's job.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Kel Tec

I've had a couple of P11s.

They are inexpensive and have a high capacity which is good, but I've had problems with both of mine.

On one, the magazine would not secure tightly resulting in failure to feed. I sent it back to the factory and they did repair it under warranty.

Both of mine have had some problems with failure to eject as well.

The truth is I rarely use them any more. I had enough problems with them that I do not feel comfortable relying on them as a daily carry.

Other folks, however, have had few problems with them and like them It may just be the ones I got.

ret

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Have had a P32, P3AT, 2 sub 2000's in GLOCK configuration. Shot a PF9 a few times - it was a bit loose. Mabe they all are. It ran well for the 3 or so mags I put thru it. And the owner likes it - doesn't shoot it much though. The P32 was a very early model hard chrome - a few break in issues but became reliable. P3AT and Sub 2000's have all been absolutely flawless. I still have the subs and P3AT. Like the sub so much I invested in threading the barrel - not cheap but a good host for a can.

jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    Post opinions good or bad. Thinking about maybe picking up a 9mm
    I really like shooting my PF9. It is suprisingly an easy gun to shoot. The trigger on it is a lot better than what I anticipated it being. It is really thin and lightweight, making it very easy to conceal. I got a Kel Tec belt clip for mine and it pretty much disappears on my hip. It also is just small enough to fit in your pocket, assuming you dont wear real tight jeans. Its still not a gun that you want to go to the range with all the time and shoot 200 rds at a time with, but is serves the purpose of a good concealed carry gun. you can get one for under $300. I think i paid $269 for mine at Plainfield Shooting Supplies. It has been 100% reliable up to this point. Hope this helps!!

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I've owned or do own p11, pf9 pat380 and the sub2000
    Have not had any issues with any of them.
    Not a big fan of the p11, but it went bang every time.
    Like the pf9 carry it whilest backpacking. Sometimes carry it on my ankle just because.
    Carry the pat380 in pocket just about every day. Love it for size. It's even been in the lake with me. No worries still fires fine. (Not the ammo though I had to replace it what I was carrying that day.)
    sub 2000 shot it out to about 50-70 yards very fast targeting and shoots nice. don't like the lack of cheek weld though.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I love my P-11 it shoots great, reliable, and holds 11 rounds, and carries well with an IWB holster. I bought a DeSantis sof-tuck, and it wears well! I want one of every gun they make!!!!

Top Bottom